User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:19   #1
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
[Football] PFA nominations...

Petr Cech, Chelsea

Steven Gerrard, Liverpool

Thierry Henry, Arsenal

Andrew Johnson, C Palace

Frank Lampard, Chelsea

John Terry, Chelsea

And the Young PFA nominations are Wayne Rooney, Jermain Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Stewart Downing, Arjen Robben and Cristiano Ronaldo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...em/4444443.stm

Clearly it's a triple threat between Lampard, Gerrard and Terry. I think Lampard will win it.

Robben or SWP might win the Young PFA.

Your thoughts?
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 22:20   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Re: [Football] PFA nominations...

I reckon it will (and should) be the following:

1. Lampard
2. Terry
3. Henry

1. Robben
2. Defoe
3. SWP
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 23:34   #3
Phalon
Insanely Insignificant

Phalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himPhalon is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lampard will win the PFA.

Robben will win the Young PFA.

All is nothing, without you.
Phalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 23:37   #4
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Henry should win, as he is a complete team on his on on his better days. Even when he has a bad day he can still put.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 23:46   #5
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
Henry should win, as he is a complete team on his on on his better days. Even when he has a bad day he can still put.
compared to lamps and JT?
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2005, 23:47   #6
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

John terry should win. Lampard should come second. Robben would have won if he had played all season. I believe Christian Ronaldo sould win the young players award. If not then Wright-phillips. If Rooney wins then it would be a farce, cause he has not improved at all since leaving Everton. He might win it next year if he actually improves his mentality, like Christian Ronaldo did this year and has become a far better player for it.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.

Last edited by All Systems Go; 14 Apr 2005 at 23:53.
All Systems Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:03   #7
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Lampard or Terry for PFA player of the year, young player should be Downing or Wright-Phillips.
arbondigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:05   #8
All Systems Go

All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.All Systems Go has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbondigo
Lampard or Terry for PFA player of the year, young player should be Downing or Wright-Phillips.
Lampard should have won it last year, this year terry has been better.
The 20th century has been characterised by three developments of great political importance. The growth of democracy; the growth of corporate power; and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:07   #9
arbondigo

arbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rougharbondigo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
Lampard should have won it last year, this year terry has been better.
Personally i'd give it to Terry and i believe he's the favourite no? But poofball players are all weird so wouldn't be surprised if Lampard won it.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 00:16   #10
All Systems Go

Quote:
Personally i'd give it to Terry and i believe he's the favourite no? But poofball players are all weird so wouldn't be surprised if Lampard won it.
terry has done better, but Lampard has scored more impressive goals so he mght win it. Although terry has scored quite a lot of goals I think Lampards goals look more impressive. If there is ay justice in this world then terry will win ad Lampard will come second (hopefully regaining last years form and winning it next year.)
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 10:41   #11
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
I can't remember Lamps and Terry having a bad day though.

Quote:
hopefully regaining last years form and winning it next year
What's wrong with Lampard's form? He's playing in a different kind of position this season.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:10   #12
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
What's wrong with Lampard's form? He's playing in a different kind of position this season.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with his form I just think that last year he played better and made fewer individual mistakes (although he's not made many this year). But basically he doesn't deserve to win it. He made the step up to his current level 2 years ago and so that was when he deserved to win it
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:12   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Lampard will win it.

Robben or SWP should win young players.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:14   #14
arbondigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Lampard will win it.

Robben or SWP should win young players.
There's no doubt that Robben is an exceptional player, but why give the award to him when he's been injured for most of the season?
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:18   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Because SWP has been injured for the last 8(?) weeks, Downing's done nothing since Christmas, Defoe hasn't been great, Ronaldo hasn't done anything worty of winning it all season and Rooney was injured/banned for lots.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:24   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
There's no doubt that Robben is an exceptional player, but why give the award to him when he's been injured for most of the season?
Robben has had the single greatest effect on a team I've seen.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:29   #17
arbondigo

Quote:
Robben has had the single greatest effect on a team I've seen.
Never thought of it like that but it's very true however i still think it will go to Downing or SWP.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:41   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Downing should be nowhere near the award when you look at the other players in it. He plays on the left, and scores some good goals, but then so does Darren Huckerby and I don't see him anywhere near these awards. Huckerby does more for the team in general, too.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 11:53   #19
All Systems Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Because SWP has been injured for the last 8(?) weeks, Downing's done nothing since Christmas, Defoe hasn't been great, Ronaldo hasn't done anything worty of winning it all season and Rooney was injured/banned for lots.
Ronaldo has matured a hell of a lot this season and now his potential is slowly being fulfilled. Rooney doesn't really deserve it, he's done nothing to earn it.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 12:12   #20
arbondigo

Quote:
Downing should be nowhere near the award when you look at the other players in it. He plays on the left, and scores some good goals, but then so does Darren Huckerby and I don't see him anywhere near these awards. Huckerby does more for the team in general, too.
Downing had an excellent season pre-xmas then tailed off big time. His influence on Boro at that time was phenominal, but has been pointed out earlier in the thread he has been poor since xmas. Thinking about it more i do think Robben is in with a very good shout. Like you said he's had such a big influence on Chelsea, even when Lampard was dominating the midfield and their other big players were all performing.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 12:18   #21
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Reliant Robben to three wheel to victory in the u21's
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 12:23   #22
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Even as a Gooner, I dont think Henry deserves it this year, not because he has been poor, because he hasnt, but because Lampard and Terry have both been exceptional all season.

As for the U21's, Robben is in with a shot, but he was injured for too much of the season to get my vote, however, just having had a look at the nominations, hes the one amongst them that really deserves it.
Unread 15 Apr 2005, 12:48   #23
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Ronaldo has matured a hell of a lot this season and now his potential is slowly being fulfilled.
Yeah, so he's starting to reach his potential. The reason that this is happening is because he was abysmal in the first half of the season and Roy Keane shouted at him.

Quote:
Rooney doesn't really deserve it, he's done nothing to earn it.
He's played very well, that good enough? He's been the excellent player in a Manchester United side that is only not still pushing for honours on four fronts because they got beaten by the favourites. When he's played up front (which hasn't been all that often), he's been electric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Reliant Robben to three wheel to victory in the u21's
U23's, guys.