User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 7 Apr 2005, 14:32   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
that "dell £500 laptop" advertised on tv

Is it any good, and is it still kicking about? I had a look on the Dell website but it kept freezing and not responding :/

Im looking for a cheap Laptop for my mum. Specs not overly important, but i need it to have, or have the capacity for a Wireless Network card. Any help, anything youve seen recently would be much appreciated

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 14:52   #2
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: that "dell £500 laptop" advertised on tv

a friend of mine bought one from dell from about that price and she seems to love it.

For the 499 one, from their site.

Quote:
  • ntel® CeleronTM M Processor 350 (1.30 GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 400 MHz FSB)
  • Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
  • High-resolution 14.1" or 15" XGA (1024 x 768) displays provides a clear and crisp image with vibrant colour.
  • Optional upgrade to wireless LAN, via PCCARD, for wireless connection on the go.
  • 3 fast USB 2.0 technology offers more bandwidth for transferring digital files and sending images to and from your computer.
  • A DVD/CD-RW combination drive for watching DVD and making your own music/data CD's.
  • Integrated Intel® Extreme Graphics with up to 64MB of video memory.
  • Enhanced Connectivity with 56K V.92 Modem and broadband ready 10/100 Ethernet network card.

Theres also a 349 inc vat one on there too.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 14:56   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

The dell website has the following:

Inspiron 1000 (N04105) 2.2GHZ
£349
Includes VAT & Shipping

That's the price when you put the warranty down to just 1 Year European Collect and Return Service (it subtracts £94)

To have a look at it go to the dell website and search by E-value code

E-Value Code: UKDHS - N04105

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/de...andwidth=Modem
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 15:07   #4
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

It doesn't say how much memory comes with the thing. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 512.
And when I read Celery cold shivers start to run down my spine.
Also note that the 64MB graphics chip uses the conventional memory. So if you have 256MB of memory, you graphics chip will use 64 of that.

BUT, for mothers who only use it to type things and do some internet, it should be fine
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 17:02   #5
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society

Typing this on my DELL Inspiron 8200 I wouldn't recommend buying Dell laptops to anybody. The main problem (which I know I'm not the only one having) is actually mechanical quaility. The keys are shoddy and if they fall off it's next to impossible to get them on, and the stuff making the screen stay in place (no idea how to say this in english) is wobbly. Also, it makes a hell of a lot of noise.

The offer may look on paper, but that all it does too. Dell is not in the business of selling as good as possible laptops, they're in the business of making shoddy laptops look good on paper.
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 18:20   #6
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I used to be a huge advocate of Dell. However over the last 12 months their service has been absolutely abismal. Without going into too many details I have had 2 hard drive failures, 1 broken CD writer and 1 broken flat screen monitor. After sales support was .

As a result when it came to buying a new laptop I bought an IBM ThinkPad from www.insight.com/uk for a really good price (after doing a fair amount of research).
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 18:57   #7
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

I've got a (currently in disassembled and somewhat broken state) Toshiba laptop which did quite nicely, though the cooling was crap (quiet, but crap, no O/Cing on it).

Apparently keyboards don't fare very well against water, the old 1 is out and I'm waiting for the new keyboard to fit in it to arrive, expensive buggers to.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:28   #8
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society

novatech do one cheaper than the £499 one, and PCworld have an offer on some if you buy online here
Unread 7 Apr 2005, 23:57   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I bought a cheapish (£500) Samsung laptop recently. I'm very pleased with it. I didn't want a desktop replacement but it's handy for a range of uses.

I'm sure it'll break or I'll lose it within a year but that doesn't bother me much.

And Deffeh : Pretty much any laptop these days can be fitted with a wireless network card. Although you may as well look out for a wireless enabled laptop if that's going to be an upgrade you were planning on doing anyway.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Apr 2005, 00:01   #10
BesigedB
Darling

BesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of lightBesigedB is a glorious beacon of light

Every laptop since the dawn of time has had at least one PCMCIA slot.