User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:51   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Fox 3 Iceman!

Yes, thats right, I've been watching Top Gun and for that I apologise.
But c'mon it has to be done occasionally, and it was on TV so what the hell.

It did remind me how well Hot Shots spoofs it tho
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:52   #2
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of
Re: Fox 3 Iceman!

So you've finally come out of the closet.

Well done, very brave of you.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:52   #3
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

<JBG> i have a question, is top gun the ultimate gay fantasy film or not?
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:54   #4
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Well, i'm sure the beach volleyball scene would "do it" for anyone who's that way inclined.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 01:21   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i quite like top gun. not because its gay but because it has planes in it and it shows them flying about and shooting other planes

i like planes.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 01:21   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ps Planes Is Not A Metaphor For Men

And By Shoot I Mean Bullets And Missiles (as In Sidewinder/maverick/aim9m) Not Cum Or Willys.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 01:30   #7
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

pfft, as if the maverick missile would ever be used in air to air :P
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 01:55   #8
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

I watched it too. And, sometimes, I enjoyed it.

Is there something wrong with me?
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 02:05   #9
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogster
I watched it too. And, sometimes, I enjoyed it.

Is there something wrong with me?
Judging by this other post
Quote:
Call me a prude, but I'll wait until I'm married.
I'd give you a 60% chance of being gay.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 02:17   #10
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
pfft, as if the maverick missile would ever be used in air to air :P

its tv guided :-)))))

I KNOW MY PILOT SIM GAMES!

the f14 is equipped with the long range missile that can fire over 200 miles away.....the Phoenix i believe its called.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 02:43   #11
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
its tv guided :-)))))

I KNOW MY PILOT SIM GAMES!

the f14 is equipped with the long range missile that can fire over 200 mil
es away.....the Phoenix i believe its called.
i didn't say it couldn't :-)))))

aim54-c phoenix , and its 100 nautical miles , 184km
also, they are huge, can only really carry 2 of them.

also, as used in the film, the engines for the model a f14 tomkats were unreliable, they were tweaked for the b and replaced completely for the latter D models with a different manufacturer.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 03:10   #12
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Judging by this other post

I'd give you a 60% chance of being gay.
Sorry Mr Promiscuous, and your slutty friends.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:21   #13
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

(as In Sidewinder/maverick/aim9m)

Pedantic post, the Aim-9 is the Sidewinder.

Oh, and F-14's are rarely, if ever fitted with Mavericks, as Mavericks are AG and the F-14 is a carrier based interceptor.

The F/A-18 is the carrier based strike aircraft which is outfitted with Mavericks on occasion.

The engines are made by Pratt and Whitney, they just put a different engine in the latter versions to get rid of the issues with the earlier ones.
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:26   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Sorry Mr Promiscuous, and your slutty friends.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 13:27   #15
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
i didn't say it couldn't :-)))))

aim54-c phoenix , and its 100 nautical miles , 184km
also, they are huge, can only really carry 2 of them.

also, as used in the film, the engines for the model a f14 tomkats were unreliable, they were tweaked for the b and replaced completely for the latter D models with a different manufacturer.

As if the film wasn't gay enough already you just made it supergay
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 14:11   #16
JammyJim
Godfather

goose wouldntve died in real life either.....
the canopy doesnt work like that.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:34   #17
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
goose wouldntve died in real life either.....
the canopy doesnt work like that.
Yes it does.

In a flat spin, the plane is spiralling directly downwards at a relatively low rate of descent. The canopy goes directly upwards to allow for tailplane clearance when at forward speed. The ejector seats fire at a greater speed than the canopy, thus meaning it wouldn't have had time to clear the area before the seat was launched - which rapidly caught up with the canopy resulting in his death.

Canopies have now been changed due to a pilots death in a similar accident. Now, instead of being ejected from the aircraft, the canopy is lined and crossed with small strips of explosive which shatters the canopy on ejection. Usually the debris flies backwards due to the aircrafts forward velocity and the crew are ejected safely upwards and away from the aircraft. However, in the remote cases of flat spins, during ejection the canopy is shattered and the crew are fired through the debris, which causes little to no harm as they have their helmets/visors/suits/gloves on.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 16:52   #18
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I used to watch that film about once a week(maybe not that much but a hell of alot) from the age of 6 to 10. Then I got so sick of it I didnt watch it for years.

Watched it there last night. My GOD that is one gay film. I mean...it must have been filmed on Gay celluloid with Gay enhancing chemicals and paid for entirely with pink dollars supplied by hairdressers.

I mean c'mon they ever went "All this talk about planes is giving me a hardon" and his partner replied "Dont tease me"

Conclusion: The Air Force is full of homos
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:06   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

the canopys are designed to smash on impact and the seat is higher than the pilots head so he wouldve gone straightr through it
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:11   #20
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Hang on....we're debating the realism a film where Lybian MiG's happen to arrive at the exact time where our hero Tom Cruise has to prove himself to everyone and save the day? Where Tom Cruise WOULDN'T fail the height requirements to a pilot?
Where everyone is a raging closet homo...

Well maybe the last one is accurate...
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:11   #21
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
the canopys are designed to smash on impact and the seat is higher than the pilots head so he wouldve gone straightr through it
Discovery Channel says you lie.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 17:34   #22
JammyJim
Godfather

i watched an entire thing on 'WHEN PILOTS EJECT' a few weeks back and i watched the footage of the canopy being smashed into trillions of pieces when the pilots hit it if it was still there.

If there was an engine fire which threatened to explode the plane on the ground how do you think they eject? Theres no wind to remove the canopy so your buggered . It fires off and then if its hit will smash
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 18:25   #23
skiddy
wild one

Strip along centre of canopy, on an F-14, the aircraft in question I believe...

http://www.cs.biu.ac.il/~preisks/F14@sunset_small.jpg
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 18:30   #24
skiddy
wild one

http://techreports.larc.nasa.gov/ltr...aa-95-2047.pdf

Just incase you don't like pictures, here's the address to the NASA whitepaper for ways was to fracture the F-16 aircraft trilaminate canopy allowying a throughcanopy egress.