User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 17 Feb 2017, 11:04   #1
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts
Ingame Alliance

With this feature Alliances can send defence to each other (a tick slower) for the entire round.

While I actually think this is a great feature and I have used it for both gaining defence & giving defence.

I.e I have saved some incommng on VGN from Ultores using this feature. I think this is great

However two allies using it for the entire round such as a Big alliance and their support tag defeats the purpose of it and abuses the system. It just makes a 60 man tag, a 70 or 80 man tag.

I believe it should be limited to 48 hour alliances, 48 off then you can re - ally. something similar to that

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Feb 2017, 12:55   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Ingame Alliance

I think that's too negative; too focused on preventing undesireable actions, rather than on promoting desireable actions.

PA is a strategic game. It would be nice if defense sharing had a strategic factor.

For instance, give alliances a 'share defense' button that enables sending defense to and receiving defense from your ingame allies. It has a duration of 24 ticks and it can be enabled once a week. Each of your allies can use it too, of course, so having 1 ally gives you 48 out of 168 ticks coverage, 2 gives 72. In PA, I think it's unlikely people will have 3 staunch allies-cum-support tags, and the round is decided anyway even if they do. That's half the active universe after all.

If your opponents receive intel of defense sharing, then they can plan their attacks around downtime. If you don't use defense sharing during a window of a week, then you lose it.

Example:
Ultores shares defense with Apprime at tick 167, just in time. It lasts until tick 191. They receive a new share button at tick 168. They hit the button again at tick 191, and that lasts until tick 215. Then they have no share button until tick 336. They forget to use it in time, the share expires at ticks 504, giving them 1 share to use before tick 672. In that time, Apprime could also share with Ultores, of course.

With these numbers, maximal continuous duration of defense sharing between 2 alliances is 24 from alliance A at the tick 143, 24 from alliance B at tick 167, refresh at tick 168, 24 from alliance A at tick 191, 24 from alliance B at tick 215 = 96 ticks, followed by a 121 tick downtime until tick 336 (and a 119 tick downtime before the 4 times defense share).

The nice thing about this idea is that there's a lot of variables that can be used to tweak how strong defense sharing is:
- Sharing is 2-way, outgoing only, or incoming only.
- Duration is 24, 48 or 72 ticks.
- Period is 72, 168 or 336 ticks.
- Enabling sharing defense is or isn't featured on the user feed, optionally with a small delay.
- You have to pick 1 alliance to share with or it always works with all your allies.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote