User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Sep 2013, 10:26   #1
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of
Overhauling Quests to become Achievements

In my previous post about a dedicated tutorial i think i found a way for Quests in their current form to become defunct as the basic purpose of them was a poor way to guide a new player through the game.

What i would like to see from the Quests now is to see them reworked into an Achievements section.

A place where different ways to play the game would be rewarded with actual genuine rewards that were worth the effort of getting...

A couple that i thought of were:

Scanners

Research all Scans - 5000 CP Awarded
Complete 300 Jumpgate Scans - Jumpgate Scan amount reduced by 20%
Complete 300 Advanced Unit Scans - AU Scan amount reduced by 20%
Construct 50 Amps - CU cost of Amp reduced to 750.
Construct 100 Amps - CU cost of Amp reduced to 500.
Construct 150 Amps - CU cost of Amp reduced to 300.
Complete 1000 Scans - Development scan is no longer blocked by Distorters
Complete 2000 Scans - News scan is no longer blocked by Distorters
Complete 4000 Scans - New Scan awarded*

* I was thinking that as a top end reward for completing the final achievement that an AI scan could be introduced. Basically it would mean that the Scanner could Incomming Scan any incomming that the alliance has with a 20% amp reduction. Really a scanner who has dedicated themselves this much to complete all the achievements deserves a decent reward and i think something like this would be fitting.

Shield

Complete all Gate Research - 5000 RP awarded
Land 10 Defence Fleets - Defensive salvage increased by 10%
Force 50 Recalls - 5 mill of each resource
Gain 5 million total Resources in defensive salvage - Defensive salvage increased by 20%
Reach 3 Million Value - Ship Production increased by 10%
Reach 5 Million Value - Ship cost reduced by 10%
Send 50 Defence Fleets - Defensive gained XP (travel and landing) increased by 10%
Send 100 Defence Fleets - Defensive gained XP (travel and landing) increased by 20%
Send 200 Defence Fleets - Defensive eta reduced by 1 for Galaxy and Alliance Defence.

Sword

Research all Hulls - 5000 RP awarded
Launch 50 attack fleets - N scan increased to 6 tick delay
Launch 100 attack fleets - I scan requires 10% more Amplifiers to work
Launch 150 attack fleets - Fleets no longer appeared on J scan when PLed
Land 10 attacks that gain roids - Ship armour raised by 10%
Land 50 attacks that gain roids - Ship Damage raised by 10%
Gain 500 roids via attacking - 2% Mining Bonus
Gain 1000 roids via attacking - 5% Mining Bonus
Gain 2000 roids via attacking - 10% Mining Bonus
Gain 10k offensive XP - Ship Production increased by 10%
Gain 20k offensive XP - Ship cost reduced by 10%

Im sure there could be quests for Covops, Galaxy and others but i cannot keep thinking of rewards atm.

I think its time we properly rewarded people who dedicate themselves to certain areas of the game and not try and make everybody play exactly the same. PA is about using diversity to triumph over others. To attack and defend and be the best at it in order to win. Just because someone wants to attack all round they shouldnt be shunned they should be rewarded for proper dedication to that, same goes to people who 'defwhore' as well. Alliances dont work without 'defwhores' and this should be recognised and rewarded.

Scanners are an essential part of the game. These guys are selfless in what with proper dedication be a very time consuming and thankless task. The addition of a extremely powerful scan for proper dedication would be a fitting reward
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2013, 11:11   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Overhauling Quests to become Achievements

I'm not convinced of the value of achievements in what is essentially a multiplayer game. Your actions in the game should make sense in their context, and not require this kind of divine intervention.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2013, 12:30   #3
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Rewarding people for dedicating themselves to a specific role within a community is something that would possibly make people more dedicated to what they do. Yes essentially PA is a multiplayer game but it is not exclusively one. Every other game i have played (online or offline) have rewarded you for reaching achievements, boosting you up to reward commitment, why can PA not be the same?

At the moment it seems there is a need for everyone to conform, to play in this bog standard role where you are not really anything specific, where you are a drone which is controlled by 1-2 people within your alliance. I dont think this is how the game should be, i think you should be an individual, you should be able play the game how you want to, to participate in your team whilst retaining as a sense that you are doing something worthwhile whilst actually rewarding achievements that would make the effort worthwhile. The real gamechanging achievements should only be for the most dedicated of planets, but having small rewards for things that a small amount of dedication to a certain 'art' within the game can only be a positive and keep players. People need something to work towards. In other MMO's as you master a class you get rewarded and boosted for that, why should this one want everyone to be equal?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2013, 14:44   #4
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If an activity is not rewarding in and of itself, then it should be changed to become that. When I play Diablo 3, I don't get "YOU WIN A LEGENDARY ITEM" halfway through a farming run. When I play Team Fortress 2, I don't get "YOU'VE KILLED 1,000 HEAVIES AS A SCOUT, YOU EARNED A HAT". So why should that kind of thing happen in Planetarion?

As for killing alternate playing styles... well, that's something that can easily be reversed. In fact, it could easily never have happened in the first place, as it's been pointed out in advance every single time.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2013, 22:27   #5
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

after having a look at Kai's ideas there is some potental to look into these but there is potental for abuse with particular quests.

I would like to see scanners in #scans get some sort of reward.

I would like to see golden roids back in place of mining bonus suggested.