User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:23   #1
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Good Anti-Virus Software

Yes Tobe's post reminded me to create this thread.

I am after a good Anti-Virus Program that has the facility of being updated often.

I know about Sophos Anti-Virus

But is there any others?

Cheers

Dan

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:50   #2
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
AVG 6

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php for the free edition, which is what i use.

Thanks for reminding me that mine needs updating btw .
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:51   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
AVG

quoted for, well, being right
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 15:54   #4
Minty
Who?

Minty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant futureMinty has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
AVG 6

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php for the free edition, which is what i use.

Thanks for reminding me that mine needs updating btw .
Your Welcome

<Bobzy> Minty, you have a line for everything
<Queen> MINTY ROCKS
<Ice-Lady> minty is a odd boy
<Game> Minty rocks
<Queen> no minty..cos u rock
<HobbieRogue4> Minty, you stone!
Minty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:19   #5
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
so whats everyones problem with norton anyway?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:21   #6
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
so whats everyones problem with norton anyway?
he's:

short

irish

gay

camp

unfunny

etc
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:26   #7
BlacK_Bengudo
Slap Machine

BlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura aboutBlacK_Bengudo has a spectacular aura about
i like norton, its easy to update and stuff...
BlacK_Bengudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 16:32   #8
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Is there an open source antivirus community anywhere to be found?
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 17:52   #9
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
wouldnt that make it really easy to subvert the av thou,as you could see all the code?
just guessing,and im probably wrong,but its worth a shot.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 18:23   #10
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Get Norton Antivirus and forget all your scary virus problems

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 19:02   #11
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by clarencetheclockworkcake
wouldnt that make it really easy to subvert the av thou,as you could see all the code?
just guessing,and im probably wrong,but its worth a shot.
http://slashdot.org/features/980720/0819202.shtml
Unread 13 Aug 2003, 01:22   #12
Ugly Monkey
Super Ultimate Cool

Ugly Monkey is infamous around these partsUgly Monkey is infamous around these parts
AVG is a good free one even if it does look a bit ugly
Ugly Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote