User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 10:40   #1
ocsic

News on APA

Many of you who were online over the weekend would have heard rumours of problems within APA.

Unfortunately, these rumours are true, and have led to the decision of the remaining HC's to dissolve APA as an alliance.

This decision has not come lightly, and it's only after much thought and discussion has this come about.

On Saturday, a previous HC who had returned to the Alliance after nearly a round off and had been re-appointed to the HC committee felt that the alliance was not being run to his satisfaction. In voicing his dissatisfaction he unfortunately let to the departure of Kargool (Politics and IA) , all our tech including bots and webbie, 2/3rds of the Officers, all the Scanners and most of the DC's. At this point, the wolves smelt the blood in the water and nearly every member had incoming within 2 ticks, with many of them having up to 5 waves.

It was only after Kaisto, Ocsic and Notsure came online 2 hours later that actions were taken to correct the damage done, however these were unsuccessful. Without our bots we were not able to co-ordinate Defence, counterattacks or the Alliance in general. As a result of this, we lost more members who were not happy with the state of the alliance at that point.

The Fear, Uncertainity and Doubt sown by the returning HC has led to extremely low morale within the alliance, and we feel that it is not fair on our members who have paid to play Round 14 to continue. With this in mind, APA will cease to exist in game at 0800GMT 09 August. (tick 444).

Ocsic, NotSure and Kaisto
The [APA] HC team.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 10:47   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: News on APA

We had some good times, me and APA. But like all good things, it must now come to an end. As Axel Rose once said, nothing lasts forever, even a Planetarion Alliance. We laughed, we fought, we cried, but most of all we cybered! Whatever alliance I join now I know it'll never have the same place in my heart as those furry little monkeys did.

Yes, I know, I'm a fag.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 10:47   #3
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to see you guys go, you were promising pre-round. Nevertheless I am sure we will find you owning the universe from somewhere.

On a side note, tech isn't everything.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 10:48   #4
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

its a shame to see one of the most promising new alliances in the game of past round(s) see end like this. And it seems it wasn't nessecary at all and just a sad chain of effents :/

Sorry to see you guys go
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:19   #5
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Im sure I speak for all the ill informed here when i say i would like to know the name of this 'returning HC'

PS Sorry to see you lot go, there was a lot of potential
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:22   #6
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I have to say I am dissapointed they have taken this decision As Arfy says Tech isnt everything and they still have members. They may not end where they were aiming but it could have been a good chance to regain some of the spirit the alliance had seemed to have lost over the last couple of rounds. Dont just give up after this hiccup stay and fight
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:24   #7
Dovai
Rage

Dovai is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sickened to see this, truly.

Hope Is The First Step On The Road To Disapointment
Dovai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:26   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by veX
Im sure I speak for all the ill informed here when i say i would like to know the name of this 'returning HC'

PS Sorry to see you lot go, there was a lot of potential
Its ||Dude||. I'm actually suprised they let him back in, he always was an idiot, he was responsable for starting the spying and cheating 'culture' that grew in APA in last round and while everyone else in APA was always very community orientated he just wanted to cause conflict constantly within the community and with their allies
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:41   #9
ogri

ogri is on a distinguished road

[APA] rocked while it lasted, was an extremely good alliance to be a member of.
I have nothing but good memories from this and last round with them, and will sorely miss them.
Nothing but respect for all the members and hope they all do well.

ps
princessa + notsure rox
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:42   #10
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
its a shame to see one of the most promising new alliances in the game of past round(s) see end like this. And it seems it wasn't nessecary at all and just a sad chain of effents :/

Sorry to see you guys go
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 11:49   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogri
ps
princessa + notsure rox
Stop fantasising you dirty old perv
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 12:06   #12
ogri

ogri is on a distinguished road

ahh but fantasies rok
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 12:09   #13
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

It was great while it lasted. It was fun
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 12:35   #14
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

This is a real shame, one of the few new alliances that seamed to have the potential to succeed.

will miss you
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:01   #15
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Sorry to see you guys go
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:08   #16
Marka
xVx

Marka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really niceMarka is just really nice

Sorry to see another one bite the dust.
You clearly had a lot of potential - hope your players find the fluffleh new home they deserve.

Gl to all of you.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:13   #17
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

With Barney/Wandows etc... I can't begin to imagine the effort it takes to get a new alliance to succeed. Tides of Fire made it from a similar position and it always adds something to the game to have more alliances. A real pity to see APA fold.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 13:27   #18
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

Sorry to see you guys go
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:09   #19
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Thats just bah. I hope all APA memebrs find a good new home
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 14:11   #20
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point

It was a very sad chain of events, but the reason to dissolve the alliance was not made purely due to loosing some gadgets. As Ocsic said, we lost scanners, DCs and alot of our active members. Also, alot of what was said and done made us loose the will to rebuild. Personally, I am now looking forward to becoming a normal member somewhere, I have had enough for a while.
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:16   #21
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:

Sorry to see you guys go

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 16:56   #22
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Sad to c this happen.

A shame that people took the advantage of [APA] having internal problems to launch an offencive against them for easy roids. That is NOT community spirit

I hope no one quits PA over this and find themselves new homes.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 17:01   #23
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about

This is extremely disapointing. APA had come a long way from the new alliance that we [SiN] helped out . Sign of the times i guess.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:10   #24
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

They don't have their muses anymore, that's why. Specially with Princessa leaving, this disband was expected.

Still it kinda sucks seeing APA dissolve like this. Fair winds and following seas..

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:23   #25
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

Well i wasnt exactly pleased with APA's antics this round but it seems alot of it was HC orientated, i know theres lots of good members there that will make good members elsewhere and will make the abilities known. its a shame the better more community sided members didnt manage to keep APA running as early on they were a great bunch of ppl, hopefully they can put the troublesome HC's behind them and become those ppl again. GL and apologies for my somewhat hostile behaviour towards some of u.
<Rocko> so reincarnation is like getting ABSOLUTLEY wankered when u die

[F-Crew] - You known when youve been [FC]ucked
The_Mad_Keg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 18:28   #26
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsic

On Saturday, a previous HC who had returned to the Alliance after nearly a round off and had been re-appointed to the HC committee felt that the alliance was not being run to his satisfaction. In voicing his dissatisfaction he unfortunately let to the departure of Kargool (Politics and IA) , all our tech including bots and webbie, 2/3rds of the Officers, all the Scanners and most of the DC's..

Shame to see you disband, really.. Do come back at some point however

Now on a entirely different note: care to name the individual responsible for the destruction of your alliance so we can publicy mock him forever and ever?
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:31   #27
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

i loved every second of it, ive had many drunken discussions there, i will miss everyone from apa you guys were the best and i prolly wont find a better bunch of peeps

the events which took place were to much to repair, we tried for two days to rebuild but it just wasnt to be, we were doing so great getting up to 7th and all and were improving still, but this hurts being the head recuitment and training officer and junior HC to see apa from the start to the end, i always said i would stay to the very end and it looks like it came true....good luck to those who ive had the pleasure to know over the last few rounds and hope you all have a great success in which ever new home u find, i will no doubt find some willing alliance to take me in but nothing will compair to apa ......so long apa!
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:58   #28
higginz
||Dude||

higginz will become famous soon enoughhigginz will become famous soon enough

ahh,

<< = Dude btw,

cpl things i gotta say,

Wakey, i was never involved in spying and cheating, that wasnt my thing mate, tho if other ppl were spies and stuff, its no different to any other allliance, and stop callin me a multi, think the hunters would have found me if i was

Second., it wasnt me that had problems with the new hcs, it was quite a lot of the active members, all of which have pmd me to say sorry to see what happened, and that theyd stick by me if i started a new alliance, which btw, we arent...sorry to disappoint u kaisto, but people have joined me and stood by our cause.

Im really sorry to see apa go, considerin i was the oldest survivin member, i didnt wanna see it leave. And for a start, i was granted a hc position for when i returned, jus before i left, so kargool n ocsic, u didnt appoint me hc being nice...

Another note, the argument started because i was defending a mate, and we then asked a certain hc to tone it down and be a bit nicer. Though we came to a big argument, it was I who said we should stop bickering and compromise, of which that hc refused to compromise and another then continued to call names.

Gl to all the ppl from apa that didnt fall out though, hope ur all ok, pleasure playing with u..

Dude....
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 19:58   #29
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

Sad to see such a promising group go About the same happened to my old alliance, and I know it feels like shit, so good luck to all of you, hope you find good new homes
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Orion Treet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:05   #30
olle
Newdawn ftw \o/

olle is infamous around these partsolle is infamous around these parts

sad to hear APA dissbanding I do hope all you [APA]] members will find a new good home and r0x else were.

Good luck guys!
olle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:35   #31
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Idler
Now on a entirely different note: care to name the individual responsible for the destruction of your alliance so we can publicy mock him forever and ever?
Some call him Dude. But those in the know call him Kargool
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 20:54   #32
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Some call him Dude. But those in the know call him Kargool
It wasn't Kargool bitching about the HC & Officers in a channel set up for that purpose...

Quote:
Originally Posted by higginz
And for a start, i was granted a hc position for when i returned, jus before i left, so kargool n ocsic, u didnt appoint me hc being nice...
Dude - for the record - you were given the HC job back by consensus of the existing HC's when you turned up - it wasn't a birth right....you left - you lose the job - it was because of what you had previously done for APA that you were even considered....

As for the majority of the members having a problem - strange that the majority of them seem to be sticking by our decision...anyone who had a problem should have come to one of the HC's or officers, and talked to us about it - rather than trying to undermine the command team. I am aware of a few disgruntled members - at least one of whom was passed over for the position of HC on 3 occassions since the end of last round...and made his feelings clear on the matter....but heck you can't please all of the people all of the time - and if people weren't prepared to come and voice thier complaints - it's a little hard to solve them....

notsure
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 21:33   #33
tombcfc
thomus always sober...

tombcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Dude - for the record - you were given the HC job back by consensus of the existing HC's when you turned up - it wasn't a birth right....you left - you lose the job - it was because of what you had previously done for APA that you were even considered....
notsure i remember when dude was still here just before he left and kaisto, dude, avenged and the other officers (including me) all promiced dude his position when he returned you dont know half of what hes done for the alliance, in a sence he is apa, and to say the hc online at the time made him hc without the others is laughable, even when i was a tempory hc last round u even said u wanted him to come back! as did everyone els at the time, its not like you to be so two faced like this and im shocked you've said this.

Last edited by tombcfc; 8 Aug 2005 at 21:42.
tombcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 21:46   #34
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Thomus - you're right - I did want him back - and I was one of the HC's pushing to get him re-instated when he came back...the point of my post was that it wasn't an automatic right - rather that the people in charge had enough respect for him to want to give him the position back.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 22:07   #35
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

The_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to beholdThe_Mad_Keg is a splendid one to behold

any move from Kargool, Notsure etc to maybe start afresh??

Unread 8 Aug 2005, 22:14   #36
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
As for the majority of the members having a problem - strange that the majority of them seem to be sticking by our decision...anyone who had a problem should have come to one of the HC's or officers, and talked to us about it - rather than trying to undermine the command team. I am aware of a few disgruntled members - at least one of whom was passed over for the position of HC on 3 occassions since the end of last round...and made his feelings clear on the matter....but heck you can't please all of the people all of the time - and if people weren't prepared to come and voice thier complaints - it's a little hard to solve them....

notsure
A problem with what? Appointing Kargool as HC? I made my objections more than clear during the relevant meeting as did a number of others, including at least one senior officer. The fact that you chose to bury your heads in the sand at the time doesn't give you the right to now say that it's not your fault that you didn't hear anything.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:18   #37
Pooley

sad little monologue

Ok, yo lot have made me sign up for these forums. This shows how angry I am at this mess, my slience has been unbroken for the last 4 rounds, but coming off the arse-end of my holiday and seeing this has saddend me greatly. Being one quarter of the original alliance and the perpretrator of the great growth of the first round i feel that my whining here should be noted. Here is a brief bit of history on the destruction of an alliance.

The truth is that a part of [apa] died with the loss of Dude and the crazy swedes. However the same general feeling of enjoyment and faithfulness remained - we were even dubbed "the friendly alliance" whilst continuing to play competitively, a frankly impressive feat in itself. This was due to a brilliant set of new HC's taking up the reins, i took a back seat in the organising and sorting to play a less stressful game (which worked out well with a finish in the top 150). However with increasing power came increasing hostility, internal politics springing out of nowhere, decietful multis and a fresh wave of new people. [apa] has never turned away active players - but to let new blood in, in such positions of power was beyond folly. Suddenly my OP in the chans had gone and i was denied any sort of explanation despite holding that position for the entire length of [apa]'s history. People i didnt know were telling me what to do... and destroying everything. ChubbyChecker is so right it is unbelieveable.

People who are true [apa] heros you know who you are; zen, dude, tobias, nicmar to name a few. Feel proud that you small core have fought against the capitalist wave that consumed this alliance, there is nobility in defeat.

The true APA will rise again

Last edited by Pooley; 8 Aug 2005 at 23:23. Reason: sounded crap and i cant spel
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:38   #38
higginz
||Dude||

you're a legend pooley, whereve u been?
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:39   #39
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I wanted to stay out of this discussion, and I intend on doing so. I just felt it necessary to make it clear that when I was asked to come on as HC, I said it had to be a total agreement within the APA hc about the issue. This was later cleared by the current HC, and after that my activitiy and efforts was to help the alliance going a new step forward.

Now, lets just get on with the game, and move one shall we? I have no intentions to bring this into another shouting match between people.

Pooley, to your comments about not being told a thing, I have checked my logs, and as far as i know i havent talked to you about anything in round 14. If you had issues with what was going on, you could just have asked me atleast.

When people come to blows and disagreements, the best way is to sort it out in PM's and to talk to eachothers.

Good luck to all the members of APA, and to where ever you may wind up.

I know I will see alot of you guys out on the battlefield once again.
Unread 8 Aug 2005, 23:54   #40
higginz
||Dude||

very diplomatic kargool, agree with u there... gl everyone
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 00:01   #41
Marinho
[ND]

Marinho is on a distinguished road

Real sad news tbh, the universe is allready small enough and I was looking forward to see APA grow the coming rounds. I sincerely hope every member finds a nice new home instead of leaving the game.

Good luck to everyone!
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 00:06   #42
The_Mad_Keg
Fat *******

heeyyy theres nuthing wrong with putting new blood in power Maybe a simple problem of too many leaders?? too many cooks spoil the broth etc etc. Anyway gl chimps in ure quest for a new ally.

Unread 9 Aug 2005, 01:38   #43
Kaisto
Don't ask, I don't know

Kaisto is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: sad little monologue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooley
.... Suddenly my OP in the chans had gone and i was denied any sort of explanation despite holding that position for the entire length of [apa]'s history. People i didnt know were telling me what to do... and destroying everything.
ehm.. The access lvls were moved away from P and to another bot, which apa controlled. And you havent been denied any sort of explanations at all, you just never asked for one, at least not from me. Nor do I have any idea how you can say that ppl have been bossing you around or telling you what to do; as you haven't really been around. And even if this is the case, they were probably just trying to tell you how to use the new bot
Kaisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 02:55   #44
wakey
Hamster

Why did APA just accept a new member, little harsh isnt it accepting someone just to leave them allianceless and unable to join someone else for 72hours
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 04:51   #45
Loz
Careless talk costs lives

Loz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura aboutLoz has a spectacular aura about

It's a real shame to see APA go, my time with you guys was absolutely awesome. I only left due to political reasons and with those out of the way if I played this round I was thinking of coming back to APA - and now I find this and am very sad to hear it.
Well i'm not really playing this round so good luck to you all, I'll try and get on irc to talk to some of you.
[19:13] <Keglomaniac> whats wrong with our intel?
[19:13] <bos|takeaway> its a contradiction in terms
Loz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 05:22   #46
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Why did APA just accept a new member, little harsh isnt it accepting someone just to leave them allianceless and unable to join someone else for 72hours
Perhaps there are some of the older crowd staying around to keep apa alive?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 05:58   #47
The Master

Thats a resilient alliance if I ever saw one
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 07:47   #48
Princessa
PA nOOb

Princessa will become famous soon enoughPrincessa will become famous soon enough

I'm sad to see [apa] go also. I love all of you monkEHss! It's very nice to meet all of you.
I wish you the best and I hope we are always friends.

Old peeps
Dude- U are the first who pm me in Irc lol when I first join apa thanks for letting me in I have a chance to know many awesome peeps ( I was an irc noob then)
Zenguard- We have talked a lot last round, u are very cool.
Kaisto- Nice to know u , u Rox..
Thomus- U join after I join about 2 weeks - We had so much fun playing both pa and omerta- nicking cars lol
Bodders- Had a good time with you and was fun talking and being fluffle by you
Pooley- Haven't talked to u very much but still it's nice to know you
Tobijas- Can never spell your name lol did i get it right?
Starlett- Stopped playing but I really miss u girl.
Bunny- U Star and me were old apa gal peeps I will miss u a lot too.
Hellcat- Haven't spoke to u much but seen u for a long time
Avenged- u are cool too had fun arguing with u last round heh good luck in RL
Dexter - U are so crazyyy I don't think I've ever seen any crasier man lol but u are cute&helpful sometimes
Notsure- You worked hard good job girl
Kargool- U did what u think is best , nice 1
and all other peeps I haven't mention sorry a lot had left last round this round but you know me and I know you. Thanks for everything anyway girls/guys.

Princessa

Last edited by Princessa; 10 Aug 2005 at 11:13.
Princessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 08:03   #49
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mad_Keg
heeyyy theres nuthing wrong with putting new blood in power
You think it's ok to put an outsider that practically nobody in the alliance knows as head HC?

The evidence would seem to contradict this belief
Unread 9 Aug 2005, 10:06   #50
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
You think it's ok to put an outsider that practically nobody in the alliance knows as head HC?

The evidence would seem to contradict this belief
Erm - for the record - Kargool was never "head HC"....he passed on a lot of what was decided on by the HC's to the members - but those decisions were made by *ALL* the HC....maybe we should have made this fact clearer to the members - but it certainly wasn't a dictatorship....