User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:34   #51
Naps

Naps is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Galaxies, Clusters and Alliances

well im active about 16 hours a day atm (hello dole que) and i certainly wouldnt want any money i donated into the fund to be used on scans, the fact is i have never donated into a galaxy fund anyway so i guess hey if some muppet mow can randomly scan me at no cost and that wont be abused in any way go for it
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:35   #52
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
well im active about 16 hours a day atm (hello dole que) and i certainly wouldnt want any money i donated into the fund to be used on scans, the fact is i have never donated into a galaxy fund anyway so i guess hey if some muppet mow can randomly scan me at no cost and that wont be abused in any way go for it
u choose who your mow is though. but its for your reasons we don;t have a tax for galaxies.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:36   #53
Naps

Again i must stress why dont you spend your time Helping new people instead of making changes that are quite pointless, My own alliance keep records of my fleet and status 24/7 this without all these new extras your tagging on

You want to help new people? stick a link to a Planetarion battle calc in the menu!
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 00:50   #54
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
Again i must stress why dont you spend your time Helping new people instead of making changes that are quite pointless, My own alliance keep records of my fleet and status 24/7 this without all these new extras your tagging on

You want to help new people? stick a link to a Planetarion battle calc in the menu!
not all alliances have amazing tools like yours does, so we need to do things to help potential new alliances as well as new players

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 23 Dec 2005, 11:01   #55
Naps

i dont think limiting who you can attack will help new players, it might even hinder it one half of the universe simply wont attack the other with the extra travel time tagged on, i know as a BC i certainly wouldnt if all my players were within one half.
what do i do then if they are all over the place? set a launch time where spiders land with frigates? the taking of targets would no longer work the etas would be inevitably most people just wont get that "oh i have an extra eta +1 because hes in c1 and im in c10" . all we will end up with is smaller and smaller battle groups.

As for the new players and new alliances, i really dont see this helping them one tiny bit, in what way would it help them exactly? it would also short list who they could hit, it would add a new level of complexity to alliance raids, hell we might not even have the organised alliances anymore after all who wants to be #1 on your defence status alone.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 11:10   #56
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

if the universe is split in to near and far travel times, i'd imagine that alliances will form attack groups covering 25% of the universe each, as this is the largest size for which all members can reach the covered area.

assuming they use attack groups, ofc.
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 11:16   #57
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
basically we have removed the cluster bonus (it may return), but we want something to make tactics more complex and this is a fairly simple way to do it. Also its worth noting that this has the effective of slowing the game down a little which should be good for the players who need more sleep.
This is how I'm understanding the near/far clusters:

The nearby clusters will have a quicker eta from your planet.

A neighboring cluster may take ETA 6, for example, for fi/co and maybe ETA 9 for farther galaxies. Allied planets will be -1 ETA of whatever their ETA is from their location in the universe and their distance from the planet that will be defended.

If this is what's being planned to be done, then forget about slowing down the game and getting sleep!

This will complicate attacking and defending, will exhaust def fleets and will demand outrageous amounts of activity. You can pretty much bet that 90% of your incomings will be from nearby clusters. Also, not all planets in an alliance are going to be able to defend. Some allied planets might be in a far cluster where the -1 ETA won't matter anymore, unless everyone in the same alliance will be concentrated in a certain part of the universe where everyone will be strategically able to defend each other.

It will definitely complicate alliance strategy, but will require way more activity than what we have now.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Dec 2005, 11:17   #58
Kal
Inactive peon

sorry near/far has also gone in the latest private release - forgot to say

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???