User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 07:21   #51
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: The Happy Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
I WISH!
I should have thought more about who you are when I typed that

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 08:18   #52
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
In and Out Burger is also very good but their fries suck.
In and Out got the best fries out there. How dare you!

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 08:22   #53
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

It has just dawned on me, but one thing that makes me happy is that people moan.

See, in the UK, people moan about everything that isn't good enough, so stuff actually gets done because people voice their dissatisfaction. let me give some examples. For years now, trains in the UK have been either completely non smoking, or, sensibly have a smokers carraiage, where all the people who wish to destroy their lungs (and it is their right to do so) can go with like minded lung destroyers and not bother the rest of us on the train, since the carraige has a door and (most of) the smoke is kept in. Granted the next carraige often whiffs a bit, but at least the basic principle is there. it's a simple little thing, but here in Germany, each carriage is divided into 2 by nothing more than signs - no door in the middle, with one half of every carriage for smokers, and the other for non smokers. I mean, what is the fcking point? The idea of me sitting in a non smoking section is because I DON'T WANT TO SMELL OR INHALE SMOKE. It is because the British are miserable moaners that I don't have to.

Another thing that the British moan about is banks, as a result, in UK banks, I get a bit of interest, ok, it is only 0,000001% per decade or whatever, but it is there. I can also use most services for free, free cash card, free credit card, actually overdraft facility, and can pay my credit card off as I like and (Natwest btw) can use most cash machines for free (I think this is the case with most UK banks) apart from those irritating pay machines in some supermarkets and things. but what do I get here? well I have to pay for my account €3 per month, it would be €6 if I didn't use internet banking (now I have to pay €1 every time I use tha cashier instead, but I never do). I have to pay to have a cash card, pay to have a credit card, the whole balance of which must be cleared every month. Hardly any shops take credit cards, which almost defeats the point of having one, I have to pay large amounts to use any cash machine belonging to a bank that isn't mine, I have no overdraft facility, and I can only have a bank account because I actually have a job. I don't get a cheque book (ok, so nobody uses them anymore, but it is nice to have them for those occasions where money needs sending through the post or whatever).... all because the English moan and whine about things.

so, misery makes me happy.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 10:43   #54
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Edward
all because the English moan and whine about things.
On the other hand, we don't get instant inter-bank electronic money transfers, which you do elsewhere.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 10:45   #55
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
On the other hand, we don't get instant inter-bank electronic money transfers, which you do elsewhere.
Apparently the Bank of England have said that the inter-bank transfer thing will be cut from 3 days to 1 day soon. I realise that's still not instant, but it's a slight improvement.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 10:53   #56
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
well then get moaning I am not trying to claim that the UK is perfect by any means, but I think the amount of moaning the brits do actually gets stuff done.

that being said, I have never really understood why it takes 3 days for money to get from A to B. even within the same bank.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:03   #57
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i didnt realise smoking carriages still existed...

which trains are these?
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:09   #58
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

The GNER ones that do London to Scotland still have smoking carriages. Then they put all the 'book 6 months in advance and pay loads less' seats in the carriage next to them so they have to put up with the smell. Its one of the main things that puts me off booking...
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:16   #59
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hmm, i shall have to research

any london-manchester i have ever taken has not had them, forcing me to be one of those people to smoke in the toilet then come out looking hugely shifty.
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:29   #60
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i didnt realise smoking carriages still existed...

which trains are these?
some of the intercities, at least on the east coat main line. the smokers are usually right at the end of the train. Last time I reserved seats on the train, I specified "not a smoking carriage" (we were going to newcastle I think) and where did we end up?

in a ****ing smoking carraige.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:30   #61
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
hmm, i shall have to research

any london-manchester i have ever taken has not had them, forcing me to be one of those people to smoke in the toilet then come out looking hugely shifty.
Richard Branson is too wholesome for smoking on his trains.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:39   #62
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

sing a happy happy happy happy happy happy song
Unread 5 Jul 2005, 12:43   #63
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alki
you watch too much Rugrats.

Unread 5 Jul 2005, 13:09   #64
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

aha thats were its from tyvm sir! wondered why i had that ****ing song in my head when i read the title of the thread