User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 May 2005, 21:25   #101
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Save The Caths...

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
Umm iirc top cat was #5 which isnt a bad position. Beta was pretty balanced as I remember hitting top terr near end of round when he was #2.
for the 100th time kila my young freind, speedgame/beta = completly ifferent from real rounds m8.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
noah02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 May 2005, 21:39   #102
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
for the 100th time kila my young freind, speedgame/beta = completly ifferent from real rounds m8.
I thought that was the point he was trying to make guess I misread it.
Unread 9 May 2005, 14:24   #103
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Still waiting for an answer from PA crew. And if you feel Cathaar needs a change in the stats, don't let this thread fade away before we get an answer.
Unread 9 May 2005, 14:53   #104
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Think there trying to sweep us under the carpet Gio in the hope that we will dissapear :/
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 14:56   #105
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Cathaar probably do need an adjustment for next round, as I am sure all races will. However mid round stats changes are not a good idea as just a small change can have a big affect. Every round there thends to be a weaker race that looses out, this round it is Cathaar, but there will be no mid round stats changes to try to change this. One of the reasons for this is that stats require a significant amount of testing and there aimply are not the resources avaliable to do this mid round and it would remove resources from round 14 development which we can not afford to do.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 15:22   #106
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

yeah i cant quite easily accpet that Kal and hope that all the time spent for next round pays off. And i agree that most rounds have a slightly less able race, but would you not agree this round that the caths are so much weaker than any other weak race in a previous round?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 9 May 2005, 15:28   #107
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

The Cath in question landed more attacks than anyone else in the game, you can't expect to do that in r13 with cr/co.
Unread 9 May 2005, 18:08   #108
truler

truler is an unknown quantity at this point

totally agreed, caths suck big time this round
truler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 18:15   #109
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
well think its safe to say by now that pa team jester etc arent replying ....
Hi.

Quote:
ofc they wont change stats midround
Of course.

Quote:
but i hope that this has given u a rough idea of what needs changed for next round.
Yes, your whining has opened my eyes in a way that nothing else ever could have.

Quote:
This is potentially the most work ive ever had to do for £5 of my own money.
Welcome to PA, please leave your life at the door.

Quote:
And Ive Also Learned that if i want to play next round i HAVE to play a beta or else it my own fault for turning up and expecting races to be semi equal at tickstart :/
Nah, no need to play beta, just choose your race based on the round you expect rather than your greed.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 19:10   #110
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Heh i just made this original post because rest of caths knew theyd get flamed as much as i did. But heh if you dont speak up who's going to hear you?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 9 May 2005, 20:49   #111
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa
But heh if you dont speak up who's going to hear you?
Someone who cares enough to ask.
Unread 9 May 2005, 21:20   #112
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

caths sucks donkey c0k this round

All know that - all more or less agree

Would suck to change stats mid round though.

When I looked at stats I didnt take corsairs enough into consideration.

My own bloody n00b mistake.

Still with pretty low activity I find myself fighting for top 100 spot.

Impossible to win as cath I think, but u can get a -decent- rank, and the beetles r good for defence, so r ur cr in gal.

Next round nerf the corsairs and all should be fine

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 22:45   #113
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that upgrading the killing power of tarants would unbalance the round. I think it's a change needed to actually _restore_ some balance. But whatever. I think this thread has served its purpose.
Unread 9 May 2005, 23:20   #114
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

rather than killing I want to c the tulas as effective emp CRs which can take out big numbers of corsairs..

I dont wanna kill a few k of em.. I wanna freeze tons of em.

I dont care if I m an attractive target - I just wanna be able to land an attack.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2005, 23:28   #115
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

I have to agree Cat turned out to be a big let down, but I can live with my own mistakes and being a total noob at reading a statistics table for one round I suggest everyone does the same. Better luck next time
Unread 10 May 2005, 00:04   #116
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Are you really suggesting that it's the fault of every cathaar out there for not reading the stats?
If you really assume that every PA player out there should be have a good understanding of the stats and the manual and foresee the game mechanics, then you should for sake of consistency also remove prelaunching, go back to private gals ,etc.
I know this will win me some enemies, but i will say it again, Stats this round are _not_ balanced. And those who say this have been the most balanced stats in a long time, are either blind or have their heads up Jester's ass knee deep. Rinoa has right in everything he posted, and represented the feelings of almost all Cathaars out there, and Jesters reply just shows how much he "cares" about mending his own fk ups.
Unread 10 May 2005, 01:14   #117
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Are you really suggesting that it's the fault of every cathaar out there for not reading the stats?
If you really assume that every PA player out there should be have a good understanding of the stats and the manual and foresee the game mechanics, then you should for sake of consistency also remove prelaunching, go back to private gals ,etc.
I know this will win me some enemies, but i will say it again, Stats this round are _not_ balanced. And those who say this have been the most balanced stats in a long time, are either blind or have their heads up Jester's ass knee deep. Rinoa has right in everything he posted, and represented the feelings of almost all Cathaars out there, and Jesters reply just shows how much he "cares" about mending his own fk ups.
By the sounds of things, you have your head even further up Rinoa's ass than he does.

The stats this round are excellent for a 'first round' (where totally new stats are created, as opposed to old ones being refined). Yes, the Corsair is too powerful, but that's about it really. There is nothing else that really has major problems.

There will be no change to the stats this round. Accept it. It would affect every player, depending on how they built their fleet, in different ways. There was an outcry when it was done in Round 4, and there'd be an outcry from the 75% of other players if it was done this round.

The majority of people asking for a change are, in general, fools. When I went Cath this round, I underestimated the strength of the Corsair. As a result, it was my own damn fault for going for a CR fleet which I can't go back on.

If you choose a race without looking at the stats, you're a bit of an idiot. If you did look at the stats, as I did, then face it - you probably made a mistake.

And to claim that Rinoa represents most of the Cathaar players out there - only if he also can be considered to represent the local village idiot.
Unread 10 May 2005, 01:48   #118
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

I don't think anyone disagrees that cath are equal to say, ziks in term of racial strength this round. But I'm fairly certain that the majority would also rather not risk an upheaval by changing the stats mid-round.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 07:51   #119
demiGOD
the Sacred Pervert

demiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nicedemiGOD is just really nice

Yeah, mid-round stats changing is a bad idea unless you stop the ticks for a beta-testing of a modified stats in mid-round (which is a very stupid ****ing idea that I shouldn't even be mentioning it).

I also honestly think that there is really nothing wrong with Cath stats. It's the bringing back of the stealing feature (of Ziks) that messed everything up, I think.

Veneratio | Insomnia | F-Crew | Subh
demiGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 10:27   #120
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

Zik itself are ok, but they're "too" powerful. Every zik i know has a larger cath fleet than me...and same for other races. But i like being cath, its rewarding at times, even tho i've accepted that i cant keep roids/value, so i'm tha xp wh0re

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 10:43   #121
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
^^ idd what gio says
but just checking one last time, that the majority of experienced pa players here are saying that any new pa player has to sit in front of stats and work them out for them selves before they even play? ARE YOU REALLY TRYING TO SAY TO ME ?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 10 May 2005, 10:54   #122
Gumbie
SiN HC

Gumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the roughGumbie is a jewel in the rough

They should play terran, as the hints say on signup

<toot> of course at a cow
<toot> what do you think
<Tearz> I mean... like theres anythign else to do with a bazooka
Gumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 11:00   #123
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Gimbie ill give u that one that is true i guess :/
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 10 May 2005, 14:24   #124
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonentity
By the sounds of things, you have your head even further up Rinoa's ass than he does.
If you care to read the date of some of my posts and threads, you will notice that i was one of the first ones to point out that Caths are unbalanced with respect to Ziks. So my supporting Rinoa's thread here is not something i do out of mere following the leader. I don't even know Rinoa.
Quote:
The stats this round are excellent for a 'first round' (where totally new stats are created, as opposed to old ones being refined). Yes, the Corsair is too powerful, but that's about it really. There is nothing else that really has major problems.
Ofc, that's about it really.
If you ignore the fact that every other race can get through on a Cathaar, since it's piss easy to flak the pods. A xan with 18K xan fi can get through with full cap on a Cath with 10K beetles. And this is not something you get out of the stats, this is something which you have to figure after reading the manual and several other threads. It's the whole battle engine that makes Cathaar totally underpowered.
Quote:
The majority of people asking for a change are, in general, fools. When I went Cath this round, I underestimated the strength of the Corsair. As a result, it was my own damn fault for going for a CR fleet which I can't go back on.
Unlike you, not all Cathaar people went blindly CR when they noticed that they are inefficient. Many of us have switched to CO fleets long time ago. But guess what? Co fleets are only a bit more efficient than CR fleets. Plus, you still have to build CR for your own defence, since you can't target CO or FR efficiently without CR ships. So you're stuck wasting resources on fleets you can't use for attacks so that you don't get even more fkd than you already are by the stats and game engine.
Quote:
If you choose a race without looking at the stats, you're a bit of an idiot. If you did look at the stats, as I did, then face it - you probably made a mistake.
And to claim that Rinoa represents most of the Cathaar players out there - only if he also can be considered to represent the local village idiot.
As I said, stats alone would have never told you that Cathaar would have been so damn weak this round. So you are only making a fool of yourself by saying that "it's our own fault for not looking at the stats". I for one took a look at them, and although Cath were definitely _not_ the strongest race, they didn't look that bad either. My goal was not to choose the perfect race, but to chosse a race with which i could be comfortable playing and could have fun with. When i finally discovered in one of the strategy threads that the combat engine combined with the stats would make Cathaar terribly underpowered it was too late. But then again, you can't expect all players to do in depth analysis of every single factor that can fk up their race decission.
Unread 10 May 2005, 16:13   #125
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
I was merely teling everyone who says: "play the beta" etc that caths ended decently there...
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2005, 18:18   #126
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

*sigh*

Ive got one attack through in the last two weeks and that was 100 roids for the loss of 2k beetles. Thats despite teaming up etc...
Unread 11 May 2005, 02:37   #127
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniborp
*sigh*

Ive got one attack through in the last two weeks and that was 100 roids for the loss of 2k beetles. Thats despite teaming up etc...
Tried teaming up with a Xan with a nice FI/CO fleet?
Unread 11 May 2005, 12:33   #128
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

The point is we shouldnt be reduced to having to team up to land attacks.....
And not everyone has access to teamups imho
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Unread 11 May 2005, 13:57   #129
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Tried teaming up with a Xan with a nice FI/CO fleet?
Ive tried teaming up with pretty much everyone...
Unread 13 May 2005, 14:01   #130
bwtmc
thinking, that's all.

bwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond reputebwtmc has a reputation beyond repute

The Xan is covering for five classes while the Cath covers just one Class. It's hardly an ideal combination.
Unread 13 May 2005, 17:33   #131
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwtmc
The Xan is covering for five classes while the Cath covers just one Class. It's hardly an ideal combination.
But the Cath is covering the one class Xan has a hardest time with. Obviously the Cath can bring Spiders too.
Unread 13 May 2005, 17:58   #132
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

However unlike Xands who have the luxury of having each one of their numerous Fi/Co ship providing various uses, I find that spiders are usually ignored in terms of being built, due to the general involvement of beetles.
Unread 13 May 2005, 19:31   #133
Cannon_Fodder

Spiders also suck in terms of an FI ship targets CO. I must say i was suprised to see someone had 15k of them...
Unread 13 May 2005, 19:51   #134
jerome

There are medium ziks with 50k xanda fi's and other medium ziks with 15k beetles.. nothing is surprising anymore.