User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Recruitment
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 May 2003, 07:10   #1
Grisham

Grisham is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up White Knights

Welcome I suggest joining the white knight alliance! If you have any questions contact me!

No coords on the forums please - JC

Last edited by Grisham; 31 May 2003 at 13:49.
Grisham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 09:43   #2
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
hmm, well fist thing never put your coords in a post on the and forums
and secondly if i were you i would go and read the thread that is stickied at the top of the forums try to do this again.

Also, i take it you are a new player to planetarion, and so i would suggest trying to get into an existing alliance before you make your own to see how they are run etc..

neway, gl in the future :P
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 11:49   #3
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Colt
hmm, well fist thing never put your coords in a post on the and forums
and secondly if i were you i would go and read the thread that is stickied at the top of the forums try to do this again.

Also, i take it you are a new player to planetarion, and so i would suggest trying to get into an existing alliance before you make your own to see how they are run etc..

neway, gl in the future :P

yes you are right there colt
and also it would be better to say some good things about your alliance why should people join it and is there any IRC rooms. But i would strongly sudgest that you join another alliance frist so you get to know what you are doing rather than making your own.
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 13:48   #4
Grisham

Ok first thing I am not completely new to planetarion. I played I think it was in round five. In that load there were no forums etc. The white knight alliance isn't exclusonary, ie. you can join this alliance and other alliances, thus you can get even more people to protect you if you are going to be attacked. Does this answer most of your questions so far?
Unread 31 May 2003, 14:05   #5
Xillah

Xillah is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Grisham
I played I think it was in round five. In that load there were no forums etc.
umm, yes there were
Unread 31 May 2003, 14:40   #6
Rommel

Rommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Ok first thing I am not completely new to planetarion. I played I think it was in round five. In that load there were no forums etc. The white knight alliance isn't exclusonary, ie. you can join this alliance and other alliances, thus you can get even more people to protect you if you are going to be attacked. Does this answer most of your questions so far?
u should read sticky at top of page and start again as was said earlier

this thread hardly makes ppl want to join ur alliance is it?
Rommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 05:10   #7
Grisham

So because I have had a dream of something better and I try to make that realised, I should stop? Is that it?
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 16:11   #8
cambell
pe0n

cambell is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
So because I have had a dream of something better and I try to make that realised, I should stop? Is that it?

/me has to laugh at this whole thread.

i think the whole point of the replys to this thread was to mention the fact that u are a n00b, and before u start creating your own alliance u should learn more about alliance's in pa, learn how they work and what everyone does in them. in the long run it would be alot better.

if u dont want to waste a few rounds learning about pa and the alliance's within pa then go ahead and start your own alliance, but the chances are u would fail......on a side note u mention that u allow your members to join pother alliance's.....to some ppl there is a thing called loyalty....and for others alliance's are not only for protection, frankly i could'nt care less about my planet, only reason am here is cos the alliance am in and the community of what it is.

[21:20] <idimmu> not wanting to play the gay card
[21:20] <idimmu> but who is Cambel?
cambell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 05:55   #9
Grisham

OK! Yes I played in round five. And I know for a FACT that people picked on the n00b's. When I first attempted to play as soon as I was off protection I got hit by sucsesive waves of attacking craft from one powerful plaent alone! All I could do was delete the account! Late I tried again, I managed to make it to comm officer! And will me looking powerful nobody attacked me!

Are you seriously saying that there aren't people out there still who will attack the n00b's? THAT is what my alliance is about, trying to protect those who don't have the resources or the ships to defend themselves. Personaly THAT is what I think the alliances should be about! Yes they protect the members but also protect the weeker from the stronger!

I have no idea if you will understand this
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 06:20   #10
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
The problem then, of course, would be the hypothetical but quite possible situation of having many of your members getting hit at the same time. Do you disperse your resources? Or do you focus on a few? If you do the former, then, at your stage it would only decimate your ships due to the fact that having a portion of an already relatively weak force going up against a concentrated force would only mean disaster. The latter would alienate your members and make them feel left out, which, in the long run, may cause defections. Along with defections would be a list of your members leaked out, as the human is likely to attempt vindication towards your, so called "abandonment". There will always be the few that won't subscribe to the reasons you attempt to give them. Then you're at a much greater risk and ultimately becomes a group of "farms" to the larger fishes. PA is a statistical game. There are no accidents and miracles. Not an attempt to kill your dreams, but merely stating the facts. Even life in a virtual environment is cruel. Many have tried, and most have failed. What makes you stand out to be different. Remember, before Lenin, there were the Assassins of Alexander II, and the Decembrists, and attempts for a revolution dating back to Ivan IV, before the Romanovs. Do you think the 300 years have passed for you?

(Ok I need to stop watching the History Channel)
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 08:01   #11
Grisham

Yes it is a statistical game, (the history channel can tell you alot, but you have to make your own mind up on the history! I want to be an archeaologist and I have learnt that most of those programs can be very misleading!)

And the Alliances all seem to be the strong protecting the strong this to me seems wrong!
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 11:59   #12
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
And the Alliances all seem to be the strong protecting the strong this to me seems wrong!
This is probably due to the fact that over the last 2 rounds of PA there has been a relatively low amount of "n00bs" playing and only the so called "hardcore" players are left, so yes most of the alliances are full of strong players, but only because there are no new players to recruit etc. There are alliances, such as VGN, ROCK, CP, templar, IPC and more who are brilliant communities but also play the game well and also recruit "n00bs" to guide them along etc.

No-one is trying to stop you from acheiving your "dream" but the reality is that your recruitment thread would not interest anyone, you have not given a reason, other than, protecting each other as to why ppl should join, and also you haven't made you alliance stand out. Another thing is that you have left no way of ppl to contact you if they want to enquire about your alliance, which leaves you at a dead end really. Coords are banned iirc from the forums, and again, it only make you a target for ppl. Try leaving ppl an email address where they can contact you and also if possible get a channel on irc.

go here and sign up a pnick(for you) and a room (for your alliance) and then proceed to get friends to help you register that room. The server you need to use is irc.netgamers.org if you didn't already know by the way
This will then hopefully help you to gain some members as they can easily contact you etc. Then your alliance can move on from there.

Gl etc
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 12:42   #13
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
You're getting cause and effect in the wrong order.

The strong aren't well protected because they're strong.

The strong are strong because they're well protected.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 22:07   #14
cambell
pe0n

Quote:
OK! Yes I played in round five. And I know for a FACT that people picked on the n00b's. When I first attempted to play as soon as I was off protection I got hit by sucsesive waves of attacking craft from one powerful plaent alone! All I could do was delete the account! Late I tried again, I managed to make it to comm officer! And will me looking powerful nobody attacked me!

Are you seriously saying that there aren't people out there still who will attack the n00b's? THAT is what my alliance is about, trying to protect those who don't have the resources or the ships to defend themselves. Personaly THAT is what I think the alliances should be about! Yes they protect the members but also protect the weeker from the stronger!

I have no idea if you will understand this
no idea if i understand that......if i was u i would'nt say **** like that on these forums cos u dont know who u are talking to and what they are caoable of. lucky for u am a n00b and probly u have a bigger planet than me.

when i was talking about ppl "picking" on n00bs i was not really thinking about in game.....but if u come down to it ppl need easy roids, n00bs have easy roids, granted its called n00b bashing and u see no honor in attacking n00bs. but i for one attack every night, and i am unabvle to attack "average" pa players every night of the week, so most of the time i pick the easy targets to build my roids up to get abetter fleet to take the better players.

and alliance's looking after the weak....are u mad or somthing, alliance's will look after their own, that is all. why would they want to help random n00bs and waste resouce's on em......apart from helping the pa community and all that ect ect ect. but noone is going to do it.

Unread 3 Jun 2003, 10:23   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I think a few people have got their wires crossed here.

Cambel - Grisham wasnt trying to get at you with his comment, all he was saying is that he approaches this game in a manner that maybe slightly different to most people and so wasnt sure if you would be able to understand why he took that approach. Or thats they way i took it anyway, there wasnt any need for a half hearted threat in your reply.

Grisham - PA is a fast evolving game, it has changed a lot since r5. I remember when i first started in r3 i wanted to make my own alliance but i soon realised i couldnt. Not because i didnt have the will and desire, but because i had no experience and very few connections within the game. Its all well and good wanting to do something and having that dream, for having that i commend you, but sometimes it is better to take it slowly and work your way towards that dream. I would advise you to join an alliance, work out how PA has changed since you last played and make some new friends. Once you have got your feet back into the game, then give your alliance a go for r10 or r11, whenever you feel ready.

However, if you arent going to listen to me and want to try with this alliance right now feel free to contact me for some help with it and i will do what i can.

Just as a general comment, people need to learn the difference between n00b and newbie. A newbie is someone new to the game. A n00b is someone who may well have played a particular game for a long time but still appears to be new due to his/her lack of playing ability.
Unread 3 Jun 2003, 20:56   #16
cambell
pe0n

i understood what he is saying perfectly, and i admire the honor in the way he would like to help the "weak" of the pa community, hell i even tried somthing myself, till i reilised most ppl only cared about their "position". and i stand by my "half hearted threat", things like what he said could make him enimies before he comes out of protection