User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 17:31   #1
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Unhappy Good ol' PA team

Quote:
and modifying some stats. So far, it seems Zikonian will be the race subject to changes, specially their stealing capabilities.
Xan universe again, whoopee.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 18:01   #2
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Xan should be changed, definately.

Oh well.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 18:32   #3
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
never saw much of last round so cannot really comment, but surley if this many people complain about xan dominance then its about timee they change it?

-Necro
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:10   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
It's time for another poll methinks.

I don't really feel like paying for a round with skewed, crap stats.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:39   #5
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Scaggydo is an unknown quantity at this point
the way i read it was that after some initial changes to stats, the ziks needed a little tuning..

i fail to see how this means a Xan universe..

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Scaggydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:43   #6
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold
it's the scans folks.

that and the small universe leading to an increase in the nesseccesity of bash n roid tactics for which the xan race is best suited.

the stats themselves given a wider playing field, and without those fking mil scan changes would have been fine

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:45   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
the way i read it was that after some initial changes to stats, the ziks needed a little tuning.
I didn't read it that way; but then with Spinner, I rarely know what he's talking about. :/
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 19:51   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Unfortunately I read it as though it looks like Zikonians are the only ones that are going to be changed. If so, I know I'm definitely making the switch from Terran to Xandrathii. Having the opportunity to land a fleet once every two weeks in R8 was not enjoyable
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:05   #9
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
With the return of rivate galaxies, the stats are probably fairly ok anyway.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:08   #10
Dreadnought!

Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
With the return of rivate galaxies, the stats are probably fairly ok anyway.
You have to say that though as ur PA Crew thingy
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:13   #11
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
First of all, the topic for this thread is completely wrong, it should certainly be something with "Stats", and it certainly has nothing to do with PaTeam.
If you wish to diss me, please diss "Creators" or just go with the common "Spinner and his stats" posts.

More to the point, I will modify the announcement so it is more clear, I did not mean to indicate that Ziks are the only ones being changed, but RIGHT NOW (like tonight) I am working on Ziks.
I was hoping the daily updates wouldnt lead to even more work to avoid being misinterpreted, but I take full critics for my poor english and bad choice of words.

And its a thrill to see all this confidence, really motivates me
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:16   #12
Tseia

Tseia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Unfortunately I read it as though it looks like Zikonians are the only ones that are going to be changed.
I actually read the announcement like Spinner meant it, heh.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:28   #13
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Spinner

And its a thrill to see all this confidence, really motivates me

You simply need someone to write the announcements for you, so these types of misunderstandings are avoided in the future...as PA players always assume the worst.

Give us a reason to become optimists, by all means

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:30   #14
The Subotai
Bong Commander

The Subotai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MAdnRisKy
it's the scans folks.

that and the small universe leading to an increase in the nesseccesity of bash n roid tactics for which the xan race is best suited.

the stats themselves given a wider playing field, and without those fking mil scan changes would have been fine
here here! the bulk of Xan domination last round lies in the short-sighted implementation of the mil scan. much of the imbalance of last round's mid/end game can be addressed by simply reverting to the old mil scan.

True HiddenDragon
The Subotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:42   #15
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner should get the "BC Experience", being BC for just one night for a major alliance, and he'll know what a pain it is with these handicapped milscans.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 20:46   #16
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future
Well, the "handicapped milscans" are "handicapped" on purpose. If we want the races to be differnt, this is a fun way of making Xans different. But it doesnt seem to have any drawbacks on the xans, and that has to change.
So a penalty in stats or added costs are certainly coming.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 21:01   #17
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
change

Zikonian will be the race subject to changes

to

Zikonian will be subject to changes
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 21:40   #18
The Subotai
Bong Commander

The Subotai is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Well, the "handicapped milscans" are "handicapped" on purpose. If we want the races to be differnt, this is a fun way of making Xans different. But it doesnt seem to have any drawbacks on the xans, and that has to change.
So a penalty in stats or added costs are certainly coming.
hiya Spinner Why are they handicapped again? I'm an old fart, I need reminding =\

True HiddenDragon
The Subotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 23:04   #19
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
well I dont know what to call the current crew/team/creators, sorry for the misunderstanding.

and your english is awful
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 11:08   #20
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
It's time for another poll methinks.
I totally agree. The creators previously have done well in listening to the players, but recently I feel there has been a reduced amount of it. This could well be due to a business plan from Sim-Tech, or that they don't really want to put that much effort into changing and testing round 9, as we all know round 10 is the main focus. (btw if round 10 isn't the dog's b0ll0cks I'm going to be miffed.)

Anyways, back to the poll. Perhaps 'What would you like to see in the R9 ship stats?', with options such as:
  • Leave them as per R8
  • Leave them as per R8 but put mil scans back to R7
  • Reduce the power of xand
  • Don't know, but they need changing
  • Other (I have commented on this [the poll] thread)

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 11:57   #21
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by The Subotai
hiya Spinner Why are they handicapped again? I'm an old fart, I need reminding =\
He dont want a BC to last more than one round?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 11:59   #22
Rember
Womble

Rember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura aboutRember has a spectacular aura about
it's clearly that 95% skips school....indeed
[12:17] <Gitchin> Rember your a womble!
[16:53] <SYMM> Rember your a womble! | [10:17:57] <Squidly> Rember, you're a womble
[19:28] <Filth> Rember your a womble! | [16:25] <remy|afk> Rember, you are a womble
[14:04] <Colt> Rember your a womble! | [16:22] <TVFreak> Rember U are a womble
[15:18] <Darkness> Rember U are a womble | [15:21] <Xerm|away> Rember U are a womble
[13:39:44] <illmatics> Rember your a womble
Rember is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:01   #23
RealJames
Retired at the top

RealJames is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by G.K Zhukov
He dont want a BC to last more than one round?
Sad but true.

"That's what the internet's for - slandering others anonymously." - Banky Edwards, J&SBSB
RealJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 13:14   #24
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Sentinal back to ETA 3 in stead of 2 and make it a nice metal ship again.

Zks might have a small upgrade as well but only if they have removed the age from stealing. No more ships donations with salvage bonus.

Btw, did they actually fix the savage bug from r8 ?? Several planets including myself got hardly any salvage even though losing quite a few ships on def.

hAl
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 16:35   #25
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Seems like they listened. Xan's been reduced quite a bit, going by Spinner's latest announcement.

Should level the spread of races.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 19:18   #26
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point
To Rember: r9 hasnt been played yet.. I think you should change your sig > R9 22:8:83 Rember of Birthday (ChaoZ) (rank 22)
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:11   #27
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

And its a thrill to see all this confidence, really motivates me [/b]
About time something motivated you. Now just go back to tweaking and see how much you can f#ck up more stats and then do your stupid lame backward smile so it looks like you have some idea instead of none like usual.
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:54   #28
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Fish
well I dont know what to call the current crew/team/creators, sorry for the misunderstanding.

and your english is awful
darn sight better than my norwegian..

they dont give an update, they get told off for not lettin us know whats goin on. they give us an update, and whatever they are doing is wrong. is it at all possible we are all to cynical and should cut spinner + co a lil slack? or am i gettin soft in my old age?

as for the thread title, agreed.. nothing to do with the content.

heh this thread seems to be "flame for flames sake"

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
R1-nfi, R2-C4, R3-12:8:4, R4-140:15:1, R5-29:12:17, R6-27:13:2, R7-RL, R8-RL, R9-36:5:1, R9.5-Asleep
Unread 11 Feb 2003, 21:55   #29
Scaggydo
Necro's Minion

Quote:
Originally posted by Fred of Bedrock
About time something motivated you. Now just go back to tweaking and see how much you can f#ck up more stats and then do your stupid lame backward smile so it looks like you have some idea instead of none like usual.
a fan.. how nice..

"mommy.. see how i made big words.."

ex-NFU, ex-Silver HC
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 00:51   #30
Fred of Bedrock

Fred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura aboutFred of Bedrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Scaggydo
a fan.. how nice..

"mommy.. see how i made big words.."
I see you are easily impressed.. which word was big for you... perhaps idea as Im sure you dont have any... just like spinner
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:08   #31
Rocklobster[Dok]
Victuri te Salutant

Rocklobster[Dok] is an unknown quantity at this point
yes allfather

ps. I might just lied to you

Rock

A regular day on the lego server:
<Alf> We are Gren's bitches.. we should be proud to hump his legs
<Alf> wanna swap legs Nexus?
<Alf> This leg of Gren is smooth.. but I like some hair now
<Nexus> sure m8
<Nexus> i want the shaven now
Rocklobster[Dok] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 01:40   #32
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Fred of Bedrock, if you hate everything so much, then why are you still here wasting our time posting that crap?
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 02:06   #33
Jaric
King of kings

Jaric is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Moondoggie
Fred of Bedrock, if you hate everything so much, then why are you still here wasting our time posting that crap?

Well said! Perhaps someone could roll a nice big rock in front of Fred's bitter little cave.
Jaric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 03:10   #34
Fred of Bedrock

Its OK Allfather... it seems these drongoes cant read everything just selectively. If the stopped and thought about it they should see that most of the disappointment is in seeing spinner back despite making a complete mess of things. scraggydo thought he would be clever but ofc his wit was about as good as spinners tweaks.

As far as going back in my cave and not posting..... perhaps they dont come from democracies where every-one has a right to express their opinions even if they dont happen to agree with them. If there wasnt a voice of reason then perhaps they wouldnt see the snow job certain crew are trying to make.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 06:34   #35
Moondoggie
Ancient Ensign

Moondoggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
any reason in particular he should take advice from some secondrate subhuman teenager?
Oh right. I forgot that if we aren't cynical pricks who hide behind the safety of their annonymity, we aren't really human. But I'm sure you are human enough for the rest of us. And if that insult is the best you can come up with, then either you are the teenager or you just aren't trying hard enough. Or maybe the hormones are just getting the better of ya?

I don't see Spinner coming to these boards and bashing either one of you. If you don't like how he runs things, fine. That still doesn't mean you should insult the man.
Unread 12 Feb 2003, 07:08   #36
Sn0w

Sn0w is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Moondoggie
I don't see Spinner coming to these boards and bashing either one of you. If you don't like how he runs things, fine. That still doesn't mean you should insult the man.
Means they should go do somethan else with there lives. But there still entitled as anyone else is to voice there opinions.

#aus
Sn0w is offline   Reply With Quote