User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Dec 2002, 22:51   #1
K03N
Banned

K03N is an unknown quantity at this point
1 free round

will this be enough to get let's say 100.000 players again?
personally i think this won't have this much effect, because when new players enter somewhere in the middle of the game, they won't have this much fun at all as they will be under attack constantly, and the playerbase won't be that big then so very few targets etc.
in a second free round, when they may have an alliance, start playing from the beginning, they will probably play with more pleasure.
imo you need 2,3 free rounds atleast before making it p2p again, when you aim for making some profit out of this game.
your opinion plz.
K03N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2002, 23:19   #2
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
hehe 100k had mega loads of multi-planets/farms
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 00:39   #3
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
i'd say 2/3 free rounds..totalling 6 months between them, with maybe a truncated tech tree..
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 01:00   #4
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I'd agree, very rarely people will find an alliance, or a good one, in their first round. I'd say two free rounds otherwise the temporary players you get when it's free will just leave when it becomes pay again. Unless of course alliances radically alter their recruitment policies which I can't see happening, or, and this is slightly more likely, some of the existing jolt/sim-tech clans move into PA. They would be far more likely to stay on.
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 05:10   #5
Rabbagast
Yesterday don't mean sh**

Rabbagast will become famous soon enoughRabbagast will become famous soon enough
you would not get 100.000 players..

maybe if ppl are creative you might see something close to 100.000 planets, which would generate 100k planets that'views' banners etc. which in the end could be what matters
Round 2: 50:12 'MoA' Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]
Round 3: 19:6:25 Emperor Rabbagast of Milagro - [TE]-FC, [Ooooomph!], [YHQ], [TRG], [ViruS]-DC, [c19a]
Round 4: 7:17:6 Fields of -=Disbelief=-, -= Salvage Garden =- - [ViruS]-HC, [TZ]
Round 5: 29:11:14 IceBucket of .-= Corona =-., .-= The BeerG0ds =-. - [ViruS] Executive, [WPO]-BC
Round 6: 25:16:1 Hugh M Hefner of -= The Playboy Mansion =-, -= The BeerG0ds =- WolfPack HC
Rabbagast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 05:58   #6
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna get me a nice little battlegroup of multiaccounts, yay!

I'LL BE INVINCIBLE \o/
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 06:43   #7
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
Wanna join the [WHY] block? we could do with a strong wing...

and back to the topic, i doubt that PA will ever return to its former glory of 100k+ accounts, no matter how many free rounds are available. whilst it can still be successful i feel its one of those things that will just never be replicated :\

altho i do believe that more than one free round wil be needed to bring in some new blood, the trick is to get them addicted and then make them pay. its pretty much what happened to us the first time round (a few free rounds got us hooked then BANG! pay for it). 2/3 free round wud mean that new players can play one round for free, then the next round they tell their friends about this great free online game etc etc.

just my 2 cents
(which prolly doesnt make much sense )
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 15:24   #8
g|itch

PA never had 100k real players to start with, maybe if your optimistic then it had 75k at its peak in round 4.

But it your honest PA probably never had more than 50k players.
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 16:01   #9
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah I agree, PA never had 100k real players.

One free round wouldn`t make 100k accounts playing imo. I estimate bout 25k -35k accounts and about 15k player.

The multiplaying would have negative, but also positive effects:

The player coming back or coming first time to PA can roid em, cause those additional accs are usually not well looked after...

But this is not a thread bout multiplaying, this one can never be solved properly. I think 1 free round will increase the playerbase again, but I don`t think we will come even close to see 100k account.
But if PA is free again, I know, I can motivate player that left b4 R5 and hope lots of other ppl can do also
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 16:05   #10
Coaxmetal
Ensign!

Coaxmetal is on a distinguished road
To get 100k players you need to get rid of the hardcore player base that play the game atm.
Coaxmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 16:31   #11
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point
1 free round wont get u near.

Mixing priv with random over time or playing all random are the only thing that can raise the playterbase again.

But, maybe decveloping the game (gfx - simulation - interaction in game) will be things that let Planetarion climb to new heights in the gaming community.

Maybe it will evolve from a text based game into something more like EVE-Online.

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 17:00   #12
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Who wants to join the Let's All Multi Even Alliance? [LAME]
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 17:05   #13
Fanta1

hey cool idea aura, can i join lame..many fellow little dudes would argue im there allready but hey officialdom, yay.. but id prefer to join the lets all multi as long as i more multi than u
[LAMASAIMTU] ..not as catchy or quick off tongue admittedly

do u think theyd notice if i labelled the planets fanta 1-9
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 17:13   #14
TP
Knight Of Ni!

TP is an unknown quantity at this point
with some good advertising and a couple of free rounds 100k would be possible
[Rnd 1] :: 000:00:00 :: [Unknown Coords]
[Rnd 2] :: 018:17:06 :: [BlueTuba]
[Rnd 3] :: 008:13:21 :: [BlueTuba]
[Rnd 4] :: 200:04:06 :: [BlueTuba]
[Rnd 5] :: 034:21:09 :: [BlueTuba] - [Ni!]
[Rnd 6] :: 035:10:14 :: [NewDawn]
[Rnd 7] :: 017:24:18 :: [NewDawn]
[Rnd 8] :: 000:00:00 :: [NewDawn]

Angels
Ooooomph!
BlueTuba
NewDawn
TP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2002, 17:25   #15
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
PA needs an increase in the player base if it is going to continue for any considerable amount of time. Hopefully a few free rounds and some good andvertising can help do this. Also, i think having galaxy containing a mix of private and random players would help things, as many of the older players want priv gals again while the new players would be more attracted by a random universe.

I dont think we will ever get back up to +100k players but trebling our current count would improve things a lot.

Just my 2p.
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 08:54   #16
Vegeta22

PA would be lucky just to get 50k . i agree with most the ppl PA glory rounds are over. but ohwell i had fun in rd 8
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 12:47   #17
RooKie
Boy without a toy

PA could grow large again, its just need to be developed into the right type of game to attract masses.

Unread 16 Dec 2002, 12:47   #18
RooKie
Boy without a toy

damn, I hate this new doubleposting problems....

Unread 16 Dec 2002, 15:16   #19
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wilky
PA needs an increase in the player base if it is going to continue for any considerable amount of time. Hopefully a few free rounds and some good andvertising can help do this. Also, i think having galaxy containing a mix of private and random players would help things, as many of the older players want priv gals again while the new players would be more attracted by a random universe.

I dont think we will ever get back up to +100k players but trebling our current count would improve things a lot.

Just my 2p.
I personally like the idea of random only rounds. Private gals, even if limited, lead us to stagnation. In addition full random universe means more equality in long-terms, one round u can be lucky, the other one not...
I first hated the idea of full random universe, but now I like it, tho my gal was only bout 200 in ranking
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:26   #20
Pitchfork
Tourist

Pitchfork is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by -QS-
I personally like the idea of random only rounds. Private gals, even if limited, lead us to stagnation. In addition full random universe means more equality in long-terms, one round u can be lucky, the other one not...
I first hated the idea of full random universe, but now I like it, tho my gal was only bout 200 in ranking
I prefer the idea of mixed galaxies, let's say 12 private and 12 random accounts per gal. This gives even those players a fair chance that are either not able or too lazy to get a decent galaxy. Another point I see is that the ppl that are new to the game won't get raped that often when they are in a gal with 12 bigger & experienced players.
Pitchfork is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2002, 16:44   #21
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
I like small galaxies.
Like 5 friends and 5 noobs(multies/scanners).
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 16:54   #22
Azaghal

Azaghal is an unknown quantity at this point
Well the situation has changed, when PA started and had it's glory days, there weren't so many PA clones like now. Now PA has some serious competition to do if it wants back to the old glory days...
Azaghal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2002, 17:03   #23
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Pitchfork
I prefer the idea of mixed galaxies, let's say 12 private and 12 random accounts per gal. This gives even those players a fair chance that are either not able or too lazy to get a decent galaxy. Another point I see is that the ppl that are new to the game won't get raped that often when they are in a gal with 12 bigger & experienced players.
Spy heaven ahoy.

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Dec 2002, 20:32   #24
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute
heh

I'd rather pay the price and see 90% less cheating...and 5-10k players than ALL the cheating, 30k players and 20k farms...p2p is fun. 5k people are alot, and its worth it...They should tho maybe have a "baby" universe for tryouts...people who wanna try the game free...4 weeks rounds for free, where everyone can payk, experienced and newbies...Dunno whether all regular playes would start playing there, but i think it would help...

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote