User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:39   #1
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
Equilibrium - you must see this

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/equilibrium.html

This movie absolutely rocks. It's not just a matrix rip. It's got martial-arts+guns+trenchcoats+more guns. It's fantastically done despite bad CG in some cases. A small budget movie that turn out pretty well.
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 22:41   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Are you sure it's not a rip off?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2002, 23:02   #3
wu_trax

rip off or not, the trailer looks nice, unfortunatly i will take at least 6 month until they show it here
(there was no trailer in cinema yet, so it will take a long time )
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 02:59   #4
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Equilibrium - you must see this

Quote:
Originally posted by Auro
http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/equilibrium.html

This movie absolutely rocks. It's not just a matrix rip. It's got martial-arts+guns+trenchcoats+more guns. It's fantastically done despite bad CG in some cases. A small budget movie that turn out pretty well.
It looks like something between Farenheit 451 and Minority Report. Is it out yet?
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 03:11   #5
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Been out yesterday. It's like Farenheit 451, Minority Report, and Gattaca, except it's not quite all three together. The story's not as compelling as Gattaca but the action's much better.
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 05:16   #6
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by Auro
Been out yesterday. It's like Farenheit 451, Minority Report, and Gattaca, except it's not quite all three together. The story's not as compelling as Gattaca but the action's much better.
Gattaca is the one where genetic manipulation creates a society of elitists, right?
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 06:51   #7
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Gattaca is the one where genetic manipulation creates a society of elitists, right?
Yep. With Ethan Hawke et al.
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 07:15   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
From the trailer, it looks like they've took what made people like The Matrix and Blade, added a sprinkle of Minority Report and a hint of 1984.
Some of it looks so obvious i'm suprised they got away with it.

Think i'll be going to see it tho.
Unread 8 Dec 2002, 07:26   #9
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point
Like others have been saying since, ah, post 1, it looks like a total rip-off to me, especially Minority Report.

Doesn't mean it's a bad movie. But I'd still feel stupid watching it.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 00:02   #10
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Its about a supressed society which is having to deal with a Farenheit 451 government (I think). You can draw paralells to the Matrix (resistance first establishment, plus the action scenes), Minority Report (untethered government control), that doesn't make it a rip-off. The idea is to get a point across, and if they use cool action scenes (like those in the Matrix) then so be it. Its not like anyone is going to think they started it first, its just to keep those who might not understand the principle entertained.
Unread 9 Dec 2002, 09:29   #11
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
They could have just as easily expressed those points without the trench coats, uzis, slick black styled hair, robotic style running, black dude and white dude pair as main characters.. to deny it's copying The Matrix (at least style wise) would be daft.

=[DJ Bass]=