User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Nov 2002, 21:45   #1
Buzzsword

How do alliances get big: By betrayal.

A small planet sat not really very powerful or active, no-one will suspect anyone like that will they? Just think about it, i bet everyone knows of someone like that in their gal don't they. Half of these planets sit there all weak and feeble and suddenly a massive allied fleet knocks on your door and wipes out the gc suddenly they're demmanding that that small planet is voted to be gc and before you know it there's an alliance been formed where the galaxy members are forced to join and if they disobey, hey they loose their fleet and roids. In the meantime fuelled by taxes this weak player has grown to a superpower and people in the allied fleet have control of their galaxies and people are forced to join. Then people from other gals join and they are helped in taking over or recruiting the gc and on it goes until there's such a massive alliance it's unbelievalble.

so next time you laugh at that weakling and tease him by attacking and recalling your fleets ang threaten to exile them for inactivity, just be careful they may have control of your gal very shortly. DON'T THREATEN, EXILE THEM NOW
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:03   #2
Buzzsword

Post your views here, do you beleive that little weakling could one dayrule a huge alliance.
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:06   #3
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Obfuscator is an unknown quantity at this point
Not in r8 of Planetarion.
Reduco ad Honore [RaH] r8
Obfuscator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:13   #4
Buzzsword

i disagree, in most cases yeah these weaklings are not dangerous, but there are those who are very clever, by making you think that they'll sneak up on you and then you'll wish you took notice of them before this happened.
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:20   #5
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
lol ?
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:26   #6
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by dabult
lol !
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 22:59   #7
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Re: How do alliances get big: By betrayal.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzsword
A small planet sat not really very powerful or active, no-one will suspect anyone like that will they? Just think about it, i bet everyone knows of someone like that in their gal don't they. Half of these planets sit there all weak and feeble and suddenly a massive allied fleet knocks on your door and wipes out the gc suddenly they're demmanding that that small planet is voted to be gc and before you know it there's an alliance been formed where the galaxy members are forced to join and if they disobey, hey they loose their fleet and roids. In the meantime fuelled by taxes this weak player has grown to a superpower and people in the allied fleet have control of their galaxies and people are forced to join. Then people from other gals join and they are helped in taking over or recruiting the gc and on it goes until there's such a massive alliance it's unbelievalble.

so next time you laugh at that weakling and tease him by attacking and recalling your fleets ang threaten to exile them for inactivity, just be careful they may have control of your gal very shortly. DON'T THREATEN, EXILE THEM NOW
DO YOU USE DRUGS???
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 23:07   #8
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
You must be in pain! Sorry man!
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 23:51   #9
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
Re: Re: How do alliances get big: By betrayal.

Quote:
Originally posted by General1

DO YOU USE DRUGS???
Unread 13 Nov 2002, 23:52   #10
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
i disagree, in most cases yeah these weaklings are not dangerous, but there are those who are very clever, by making you think that they'll sneak up on you and then you'll wish you took notice of them before this happened.
You do not understand. This is not a matter of opinion. This is the last round of Planetarion. Anyone who is a noob now, will not have enough time to grow beyond noob status before the game is shut down. No "huge alliance" will ever be ruled by such a person in this game.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 05:54   #11
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
< ---- May I point at my title
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 06:58   #12
Dragoon

I agreed with the topic to an extent, but upon opening the thread, I find myself lost.
Unread 14 Nov 2002, 07:43   #13
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Rather than be a retard like those picking on Buzzsword, I actually thought about it.

You know what? That sort of situation happened in Round 2 and Round 3. In my own experience, I used one of my multi accounts to 'exert pressure' on another one of my galaxies in order to get my account elected to GC. From there, I did my best to lead my galaxy. I joined some small alliance, then that alliance joined BlueTuba as a wing, left as a wing just before BT's power crumble through disorganization, and happily played out the rest of Round 2 with that galaxy. I made them my first galaxy banner too, heh.

Round 3 I used my planet to assist both a 'protectorate' galaxy (some friend at school was playing in c90 heh) and tried forging my own alliance through relations in another friend's galaxy. The protectorate thing lasted all round, and I had two of that galaxy join my Round 4 galaxy.

So yes, it's certainly possible the 'small and feeble' can seek help from larger individuals in order to exert some power and control in their domain. Not to berate you, but I assume you're new to Planetarion. With time, you'll come to realize there's a larger 'universe' and what happens in the far away clusters doesn't mean much.

Honestly though, I hope you never lose your innocense. I'd so gladly wish to experience it all over again. :/
Unread 16 Nov 2002, 18:01   #14
Buzzsword

You don't understand, it wasn't me who got this done to me, it was someone else i know two rounds ago.
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 03:12   #15
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Um, okay then...
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 11:24   #16
Buzzsword

you should make sure these *******s are disposed of quickly
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 14:42   #17
Fasiel

hehe remainds me of round 3 when ingal roiding was still possible and i named my planet Me ruler Beware :-)
And i started whith extorting two multies in my gal my letting them pay me their excess crystall so i could grow better then i started ingal roiding untill they banned me. New gal ----> roiding ingal again !!! Was very funny untill after 5 time exile i ended up in a gal where i was almost the smallest. So i started ingal roiding which is offcourse very hard to cover whith those eta. But i got exiled within 20 hour and bashed to **** the next day so that was the end, but it sure was fun !!!
Unread 17 Nov 2002, 15:29   #18
Cicada
p a r r a c i d a

Cicada is an unknown quantity at this point
err... erm..
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:17   #19
HobbieRogue4
etc.

Were galaxies able to exile planets in Round 3?
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:20   #20
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
no

that was added r6 i think
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:21   #21
Obfuscator
Antediluvian

Quote:
Originally posted by HobbieRogue4
I believe this function was implemented in r5. Otherwise, I have no idea why I wouldn't have been exiled in r4.
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 02:42   #22
HobbieRogue4
etc.

So was Fasiel merging several 'experiences' into one, or just mistakenly claiming he was exiled in Round 3?
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 04:16   #23
Auro
I AM OSCAR WILDE

Auro is an unknown quantity at this point
I distinctly remember abling to exile in r4
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 08:49   #24
Chrono

These are the things i loved about pa, certainly what hobbie mentions the high clusters (SoL? ) and how 1 big player can determine the faith of an entire cluster.. those were the days.

Anyway what u are telling is quite impossible now (but also 2 rnds ago) it's hard to believe that a player that small is in such a powerful alliance, since those require activity -> score , also it's hard to believe there aren't any other strong players there with big mates that can oppose such a guy.

At least, a weak annoying threatening guy, we had one this round, i had my alliance rape him and then we exiled him
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 15:20   #25
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dragoon
I agreed with the topic to an extent, but upon opening the thread, I find myself lost.
and there was me thinking I was the only one who thought the thread title in no way reflected what is said in his post ...
Unread 18 Nov 2002, 20:12   #26
Buzzsword

Believe me this is still possible in r8 it nearly happened this round but he didn't count on the rest of us being in a huge alliance because he was to busy pretending to be inactive and missed out on that peice of info!!!
Unread 19 Nov 2002, 17:28   #27
Griffin
The [Bugs]

Griffin is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: How do alliances get big: By betrayal.

Quote:
snip
And we DID need you to tell us this.

Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor, and getting campaign funds from the rich, while promising both to protect them from eachother.

Planetarion
R3 - R10 Bugs
SS
Round 3 15:4:7 #16 Bugs
Round 4 6:6:15 #6 Bugs
Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Nov 2002, 15:10   #28
DarkAngel
Nothing Is Forever.

DarkAngel is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Believe me this is still possible in r8 it nearly happened this round but he didn't count on the rest of us being in a huge alliance because he was to busy pretending to be inactive and missed out on that peice of info!!!
and u somehow missed the point, again