User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 20 Sep 2012, 20:55   #1
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Round 49 Stats

...Any offers, ideas, etc?
Unread 20 Sep 2012, 21:04   #2
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Round 49 Stats

I think you should wait until 3 days before round start.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2012, 21:35   #3
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

i'll give it a shot
[19:10] <coffee-> dont worry about Reincarnate he is an angry man

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2012, 22:26   #4
Paisley
The brother of Spammer

Paisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of lightPaisley is a glorious beacon of light

Ive had a shot ... let someone else do them
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 08:09   #5
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
Ive had a shot ... let someone else do them
It was imo a good shot, unless someone didn't care/agree to tell you yet.

Been a quite balanced round race wise, and quite satisfying to single attack.
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 18:38   #6
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killeah View Post
It was imo a good shot, unless someone didn't care/agree to tell you yet.

Been a quite balanced round race wise, and quite satisfying to single attack.
Totally agree with this, your stats played well. Lots of fun and i so wish i had gone Xan DE in hindsight!!!
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 18:41   #7
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Appocomaster whoever makes them can we have the same style again. Like 70% St, 30% MT. Its a nice mix, leaves gaps but not too many. Makes you think about race choice
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 20:21   #8
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

I do agree that mostly ST is the way to go, what I am not happy about with this round's stats are the near complete reliance on EMP for defens, but that's just me.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 20:38   #9
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Reliance on emp?

Fi - Kills by Apps (not emp)
Co - killed by Vindicators (not emp)
De - killed by tycoon/wyvern (not emp)
Fr - killed by Banshees/Harpies (not emp)
Cr - killed by Dragons (not emp)
BS - killed by Shadows/Drakes+ DE flak (not emp)

If you were nearly reliant on emp then maybe you set up your strategy wrong?

The only Class that wasnt stopped by alliance defence was really DE which is why FOCKER lolwaves were so effective
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 21:04   #10
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Reliance on emp?

Fi - Kills by Apps (not emp) but dies in the process but let's not sweat that little detail
Co - killed by Vindicators (not emp)
De - killed by tycoon/wyvern (not emp) can't be sent by ally unless ingal
Fr - killed by Banshees/Harpies (not emp)
Cr - killed by Dragons (not emp)
BS - killed by Shadows/Drakes+ DE flak (not emp) assuming they are not killed by the attacking bs

If you were nearly reliant on emp then maybe you set up your strategy wrong?

The only Class that wasnt stopped by alliance defence was really DE which is why FOCKER lolwaves were so effective
I know your trying really hard to be CAPTAIN OBVIOUS but unfortunately intelligence is proving to be your kryptonite

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 21:07   #11
Killeah
Old Skool

Killeah has a spectacular aura aboutKilleah has a spectacular aura about

paste him some news reports, so he can see for a fact that FI was the main charge
Killeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2012, 22:41   #12
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Bs isn't 'stopped' by Shadow/Drake (Shadow doesn't even target it, but let's assume you meant Peacekeeper) unless you send at least twice the value. I'd call that a 'reliance on emp'.

Other than that I agree, EMP doesn't really play much of a role this round. Cat has very little synergy with other races, and Co is hit by 4 classes (while all others are only hit by 2). Stats aren't particularly good, but it's easy to roid which means it's at least not a stagnant round.

And Ter is a little weak defensively, being hit by almost everything (though they're a beast on attacks).

My take on these stats (which were actually finished before this round started, so I might change one or two things based on how it played out).
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 01:33   #13
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light

The stats were not bad overall. It definitely made for interesting times and they were quite a bit offensive so lots of roid movement.

Can I suggest that whoever is the stats maker for r49 doesnt pull stats out of their (_*_) but instead use previous round stats with some tweaks changes so they are better.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
RexDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 08:38   #14
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Yes i meant Peacekeepers patrikc sorry. The thing with Xan was tho the fake meant ppl had to calc in your shadows and tzens too. Made covering bs quite easy in the end, hence why the only things landing now is CO and DE, the 2 most difficult to cover as no one bothered building vindicators for 700 ticks and DE is just a beast on attacks
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 08:49   #15
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

i think etd could have done with a cloak class ship
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 19:56   #16
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...npyUi1FMl9ZaWc

Someone take that use it, test it , change it. Its a new set of stats something thats not as worse as the past round stats that got so ****ed by the Fr Class.
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 20:04   #17
BloodyButcher
Propaganda Chief

BloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud ofBloodyButcher has much to be proud of

Id make the stats if i got the offer

RB Ely MISTU Angel Fusi0n 1up ToF VisioN CT FAnG ROCK
BloodyButcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2012, 20:28   #18
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...npyUi1FMl9ZaWc

Someone take that use it, test it , change it. Its a new set of stats something thats not as worse as the past round stats that got so ****ed by the Fr Class.
Stop making stats with CR/BS class Xan - its wrong and we all hate it!!!!
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 00:04   #19
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like to see 3 pods for each race plz
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 02:44   #20
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

Why not do something *really* stupid and have a pods-only round? That way we can all just launch 3 attack fleets every time they get back to base and we don't have to worry about being online because defence won't be possible (instead of just being difficult).

Yes, I know I'm being ridiculous but there will be some suggestions made here which will be only slightly less so.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 04:37   #21
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

Quote:
Stop making stats with CR/BS class Xan - its wrong and we all hate it!!!!
Speak for yourself please.
Patrikc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 04:46   #22
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I wanted to change up the stats a bit to make it different than all other MT cookie-cutter rounds. But as always the 1st person to say something is always Kiaba, someone who "quit" twice and isn't playing now... but still wants to be active on the forums like his opinion still matters.
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 08:54   #23
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat101 View Post
I wanted to change up the stats a bit to make it different than all other MT cookie-cutter rounds. But as always the 1st person to say something is always Kiaba, someone who "quit" twice and isn't playing now... but still wants to be active on the forums like his opinion still matters.
a) Its Kaiba

b) I have played the whole of this round

c) I havent seen you make a good set of stats yet

Patrikc i do apologise for speaking for the playerbase there. When in the past Xan Cr/Bs has been touted in stats it has not gone down well and has not been decent when played.

Xan has the worst research out of all the races so why add another big research on for them to do to give them a playing option, thats not right.

If we stick to the setup of how the races are described then Xan is light weight, yet quick - hence no Cr/Bs class.
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 09:39   #24
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...DMzZUb3c#gid=0

This is a set of ST stats i made while back... if anyone likes them then add the MT changes in a reply and i can edit them in
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 09:43   #25
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Make xan playable so we can go all xan!
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 15:14   #26
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

More looking for stats than discussions on "oh I'd do them if offered". More a fan of this style of round (though yes, app needed init 4 not init 5 )

3 pod stats is more MT I think
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 15:18   #27
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

This round has had some major issues. I'd venture that it's more down to the near removal of salvage for any high value planets than anything else though. If salvage is going to stay at it's current level, then XP needs to be tweaked downwards to match as currently crashing (and I mean really huge crashes, not just losing a little) for roids on bigger planets is just too feasible.

I need to note that my planet hasn't been higher than 300 this round until very recently so this isn't a personal issue, but something I've observed all around. This game and it's communities are based around the act of defence, and in a lot of cases it's simply impossible for people with bigger planets to do so without the prospect of abandoning their own goals.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 18:23   #28
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
More looking for stats than discussions on "oh I'd do them if offered". More a fan of this style of round (though yes, app needed init 4 not init 5 )

3 pod stats is more MT I think
I edited my set to be partly MT appoco - so take a look if you want and offer up some tweaks.. same goes to everyone
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 19:47   #29
baggy
king of carrot flowers

baggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura aboutbaggy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I edited my set to be partly MT appoco - so take a look if you want and offer up some tweaks.. same goes to everyone
I had a quick look while watching x factor and my first impression is xan cant hit anything apart from xans. I like to see mt stats but have not been bothered by the last two rounds where they have been mixed.. but please NO st only stats please.
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 21:01   #30
Appocomaster
PA Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev View Post
This round has had some major issues. I'd venture that it's more down to the near removal of salvage for any high value planets than anything else though. If salvage is going to stay at it's current level, then XP needs to be tweaked downwards to match as currently crashing (and I mean really huge crashes, not just losing a little) for roids on bigger planets is just too feasible.

I need to note that my planet hasn't been higher than 300 this round until very recently so this isn't a personal issue, but something I've observed all around. This game and it's communities are based around the act of defence, and in a lot of cases it's simply impossible for people with bigger planets to do so without the prospect of abandoning their own goals.
Er?
Salvage has only been tweaked down for Ziks in the last 6 rounds in some form or another; though before that, attacking salvage has been capped a bit too (Round 42).
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 21:13   #31
Shev
So what?

Shev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to beholdShev is a splendid one to behold

You're right, the salvage has been abysmal for bigger planets for a while now, but it's really been brought into focus this round by ultra attacking stats, which you've said yourself you prefer. More defensive stats mean it isn't as much of a problem, but it's still been discouraging bigger planets from defending in previous rounds as well.

I know there are a lot of voices always calling for attacking to be absurdly easy, with prelaunch and xp, but if people can't get defended then they will stop playing. The movement of roids people claim to love is (unsurprisingly) more loved when it's other peoples roids moving to you, not vice versa.

[RaH] [Mercenaries]

Last edited by Shev; 23 Sep 2012 at 21:22.
Shev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2012, 23:12   #32
Reincarnate
ToF

Reincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to allReincarnate is a name known to all

just fyi, i am working on some stats but i dont know if i will have them ready in time for appoco. depends how much i bother doing my actul job this week.

R1 - 9 none | R10.5 - 13 [ToF] | R14 [Reunion] | R15-17 [Subh] | R18 - 36 PA vacation | R37 [Evo] | R38 [NFI] | R39 & 40 [ToF] | R41 [Omega] | R42 - 47 [ToF][HC]
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 10:21   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
a) Its Kaiba

c) I havent seen you make a good set of stats yet

Patrikc i do apologise for speaking for the playerbase there. When in the past Xan Cr/Bs has been touted in stats it has not gone down well and has not been decent when played.

Xan has the worst research out of all the races so why add another big research on for them to do to give them a playing option, thats not right.

If we stick to the setup of how the races are described then Xan is light weight, yet quick - hence no Cr/Bs class.
Ascendancy played round 33 with an xan cr strategy and won but hey let's not let facts or the truth get in the way of your argument

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 12:08   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Oh sorry my mistake, the mighty ascendancy did it so it must be good. We have had xan cr a couple of times since then and it's been crap, all you do is push xan research out by another 100 ticks or so as they have to juggle in another large research to have a second roiding fleet
Unread 24 Sep 2012, 15:56   #35
Banshee
Banned

Banshee is infamous around these parts

i thought this rounds stats were decant although would be nice to mix them up next round
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 00:26   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
...Any offers, ideas, etc?
Four pod classes per race, 50% increase in salvage, work off an old set of decent, more MT stats.

PS Not doing the stats.
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 06:58   #37
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, PLEASE just tinker with an old set of stats.
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 11:37   #38
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I will second that statement, but with few expectations.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 11:41   #39
Reincarnate
ToF

i really think stats shouldnt be released until ticks have started. let people pick race based on that races traits rather than on which race has a slight advantage.

Unread 25 Sep 2012, 15:58   #40
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I'd go with that idea - as long as the stats accurately reflected the race traits.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 17:17   #41
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

I do like reins idea. It just won't happen tho because the beta team would leak them.
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 18:50   #42
Tiamat101

I'd rather have that idea where stats are released less than 24h to tick start and if the stats are actually corresponding to the race traits that be best. I do however want to see partial MT with 2 pods per race. 3 Pods means too many ships but if you can balance that right then i guess it's ok.
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 18:56   #43
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
I'd go with that idea - as long as the stats accurately reflected the race traits.
What are the race traits in your eyes??
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 20:17   #44
Clouds

Clouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to beholdClouds is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Until of course you sold all your ships. Again.
Clouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Sep 2012, 23:42   #45
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
What are the race traits in your eyes??
The same as they have always (supposed to have) been.
Xan shoot early - decent/high damage - paper thin armour - poor EMP resistance - mainly Fi/Co based attacks.
Terr - shoot late - decent/low damage - heavy armour - high EMP resistance - mainly De/BS based attacks
Cat - shoot first - EMP only (or predominently) - decent armour - mainly Fr/Cr based attacks (open to debate as Cat has most often been Co/Cr based attacks).
Zik - Steal ships firing last (but before pods) - decent armour - mainly Fr based attacks (until supplemented by stolen ships). A sprinkling of "average" kill-ships with medium armour and EMP res to prevent them being overwhelmed early in the round.
Etd - scrapped.

Last edited by ArcChas; 26 Sep 2012 at 03:12.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 00:01   #46
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like that idea. Very interesting. Also you obviously wouldn't beta test it. God knows the value of beta testing is pretty piss anyways. Just get 2 competent people to come up with a decent set of stats. **** knows again you could just re-use an old set.
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 01:27   #47
Monroe
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Monroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud ofMonroe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
i really think stats shouldnt be released until ticks have started. let people pick race based on that races traits rather than on which race has a slight advantage.
This won't work. People will just sign up one tick late to get a look at the stats before deciding. Or they will signup and reset there race (which can be done in the first five ticks) once ticks have started. Otherwise it's an interesting idea.

#strategy
Monroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 04:20   #48
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
This won't work. People will just sign up one tick late to get a look at the stats before deciding. Or they will signup and reset there race (which can be done in the first five ticks) once ticks have started. Otherwise it's an interesting idea.
I suppose. Although that gives you 5 hours for an alliance to put together a strategy, fleet build and work out what every other alliance is doing and base there strategy on that. Its a lot better than the current 3 weeks we have!!!
Unread 26 Sep 2012, 08:04   #49
Reincarnate
ToF

Quote:
although what you say is possible, i dont really see it happening. modern alliances simple do not have the activity level to guaranteed enough members change race so quickly. Also, most alliance do not have people that are good enough at analysing stats in general, let alone in 1 hour.

as to beta testing that someone else mentioned. its pointless anyway. nothing changes except stats and you can test them on a bcalc. it is, in fact, better to test stats on a bcalc because beta is invaded by people "trying to win".

Unread 26 Sep 2012, 08:12   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
This is very true but it does seem like there should be some way around this. Stats don't actually appear until pt 12 maybe? People can still reset but it makes it more interesting.