User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 May 2004, 11:57   #1
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about
I seen Derren Brown last night

seen his show, anyone else see it, it was fantastic....
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:01   #2
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Re: I seen Derren Brown last night

I haven't seen it.

But can you be more descriptive of the show, a little more than "it was fantastic", please?

MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:08   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It's entirely pointless television; there's no way to know what's real and what's faked, because there's no independent observers (say what you like about Paul Daniels, he was very serious about his magic), so how do we know that something which seems miraculous isn't just a result of good editing?

(Similar things apply to any 'live' show; we know he cheated more than usual in magic for the bullet thing, why shouldn't his show be any different?)

Last edited by MrL_JaKiri; 17 May 2004 at 12:16.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:14   #4
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

His tickets were ****ing £35. **** that.
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 12:24   #5
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

mine was only £20

he basically done the stuff he usually does asking people to think of names etc.
but he randomly selected people by throwing frisbees into the audience. Etc

He memoriesed the whole belfast phone book, and got people to give their surname and initial and he gave them their phone number and street.

He done a bit of making people sleep.

Then in the 2nd half of the show he done a whole ouija board set up
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 13:17   #6
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's entirely pointless television; there's no way to know what's real and what's faked, because there's no independent observers (say what you like about Paul Daniels, he was very serious about his magic), so how do we know that something which seems miraculous isn't just a result of good editing?)
Isnt that the point? The barrier between reality and fiction becomes even more blurred, gg postmodernism.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 15:51   #7
cressa
Quietly Judging You !

cressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the roughcressa is a jewel in the rough

200 years ago he would have been attached to a large stake and burnt
Unread 17 May 2004, 16:22   #8
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cressa
200 years ago he would have been attached to a large stake and burnt
What's stoppin us?!

Seriously - the only way I'd believe him is if he did something on me (no not shoot cum MM!)
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:18   #9
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
It's entirely pointless television;

It's entertaining.

I fail to see how this is pointless.

Mr Brown does memory stuff, and what looks from the tv show to be hypnotism and suggestion.

he also did the infamous russian roullete stunt.
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:23   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBOY
It's entertaining.

I fail to see how this is pointless.
It's a pretty worthless spectacle.

Quote:
Mr Brown does memory stuff, and what looks from the tv show to be hypnotism and suggestion.

he also did the infamous russian roullete stunt.
I... know what he did/does.
Unread 17 May 2004, 20:54   #11
JBOY
Retired

JBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to allJBOY is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeach
I haven't seen it.

But can you be more descriptive of the show, a little more than "it was fantastic", please?

no one's actually described it since then.

kinda answered taht post in a two birds with one stone type malarky.

Worthless by what definition, if lots of people watch it, then it makes money, if he can sell tickets at £35 a pop and people buy them, then it makes money.
just because you ondt like it, doesnt mean other people arent allowed to........
Unread 17 May 2004, 21:07   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Worthless by what definition
As a spectacle, you know? Like I said? There's no evidence that there's any actual skill involved (at least in the TV show, magic is based around deception so the live show is probably more elegant).
Unread 17 May 2004, 22:22   #13
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

You're just jealous he doesn't have a magic wand/sexy assistant
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 2004, 23:17   #14
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

He's making considerably more money than mark for being worthless.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2004, 01:06   #15
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
He's making considerably more money than mark for being worthless.
Ironically, the following quote "Love thy neighbour as thyself" comes from Mark 12:28.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote