User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 01:03   #1
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Good ska songs (and by ska i mean SKA goddamnit not some whining emo faggots)

i want to see if im missing anything.

got: everything by Madness

everything good i can think of

provide more
How the Beaujolais is raining
Down on darkened meetings on the Champs Élysées
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 01:24   #2
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Good ska songs (and by ska i mean SKA goddamnit not some whining emo faggots)

Pretty much the entire collection of Bad Manners and The Specials should suit you to the ground.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 01:49   #3
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Good ska songs (and by ska i mean SKA goddamnit not some whining emo faggots)

capdown, leftover crack(punkish ska mix), hepcat, slackers, link 80, the planet smashers, catch 22
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 01:51   #4
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point

voodoo glow skulls
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 01:57   #5
midge5
mmm lambs

midge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better placemidge5 single handedly makes these forums a better place

Catch 22 especially Keasbey Nights album
[spunge]
Mad Caddies
Adequate 7
Less Than Jake
Goldfinger have some good stuff
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 03:11   #6
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One ska song to look (listen?) out for (I haven't heard it in years but it's sooooo funny) is Ten Commandments by Prince Buster.
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 08:08   #7
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Reel Big Fish, obviously
Shootin' Goon
Sublime

Bob Marley? some Clash?
or there'll be a decent ska compilation at your nearest HMV
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 08:31   #8
len!n
laurkhi

len!n is an unknown quantity at this point

"Ten Commandments by Prince Buster."

The only "real ska" song in this thread so far. Other stuff to look into: The Skatalites, Desmond Dekker, Toots & the Maytals etc.
len!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 10:09   #9
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

thanks to kura and 1-X for correctly identifying 'ska' rather than 'emo faggotry'

will go hunt down ten commandments.

ps three minute hero really does redefine
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 10:12   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

so you want old style ska rather than any new stuff?
in that case len!!n is also correct, although you may not have heard of the bands he has mentioned before.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 10:47   #11
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

indeed this is true. oh, and ive heard of them
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 12:44   #12
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

You should have been a little more clear with what you wanted.

Ska-Punk like Reel Big Fish, Shootin Goon, Less than Jake... are nothing to do with emo.

And most Ska is nothing to do with emo in fact.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:07   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

good ska music, lol
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:10   #14
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nb3

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:20   #15
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

more like poor quality brass band
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:27   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
Only gays need more than one line to express their intellectual abortion of an opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
I hope I'm being sacrastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
Add 'am i rite' to the end and I'm almost Nod!
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 13:38   #17
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

broked
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 17:17   #18
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fishbone - I'm a Weedplant
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 18:11   #19
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
all my humour cant change the fact ska is still pretty awful

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:02   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

hey! i like ska! nothing wrong with some good upbeat ska music
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:15   #21
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Deffeh

Stop Being Wrong

K Thanks
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:40   #22
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
thanks to kura and 1-X for correctly identifying 'ska' rather than 'emo faggotry'
Thanks to Phang for being a self-proclaimed expert on ska when he only owns Madness songs...

Goldfinger is ska.
Reel Big Fish is ska.
Less than Jake is ska.
Smashing Pumpkins is ska.

I've been listening to a fair bit of the Planet Smashers lately. They're pretty good.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:52   #23
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

You can have your ska guys, i'll stick to music

Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:54   #24
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

wrong. I own EVERY SONG by madness, and many other ska songs besides. lern to rede ok

as to goldfinger, reel big fish, less than jake etc: good bands. very good bands. i have multiple CDs by all of the above. However, I would never classify them as ska because, well, they aren't. people who have never listen to ska often call them 'ska punk' and idiots call them 'ska'. While pop-punk is not the correct tag, they sure as hell aren't ska.
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 19:58   #25
*donkie*
Affectionate Nickname

*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light*donkie* is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
What in the name of greek buggery makes you think that they're ska?
Unread 22 Feb 2004, 23:49   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yeah, so are Nirvana am i rite?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 00:12   #27
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Why the hell do people exert so much energy quibbling over what's "true" xyz genre?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 00:14   #28
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Why the hell do people exert so much energy quibbling over what's "true" xyz genre?
No true (genre) eats porridge?
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 00:31   #29
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Beacause we need to feel superior to the commercial bands, since they get all the money

Skalar is a quite awesome Danish ska type thing. I've seen them live on a few occasions, but i've never heard them on vinyl, so i guess i don't know if theyr'e good or not recorded.
Live they rock
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:45   #30
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

What the ****ing **** is ska music? Or emo? ****ing freaks.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:49   #31
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

imagine a thirteen year old doing the exaggerated running on the spot arms outstretched train movement, with a black t shirt with some anti establishment slogan, greasy hair, piercings, 3 sizes too large jeans and huge pumpy trainers

Thats ska music

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:52   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Trying to make some sense of it all,
But I can see that it makes no sense at all,
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor,
'Cause I don't think that I can take anymore
Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Now that's music.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:52   #33
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Yes, but people are stupid. What can you do?

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:56   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

Cleanse them with fire?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:57   #35
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Im sure theres laws and stuff against that.

The problem with individual freedom is that people dont do exactly what i tell them to do cause i'm so ****ing right.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:59   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Individual freedom is a socially introduced prejudice reinforced by mono-cultural values dictated by western-interest-biased media forms and restricted by it's essential nature as a non-enlightening mode of thought.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 01:59   #37
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

JonnyBGay.

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:00   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Eastside.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:01   #39
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Im sure theres an internet relay chat server for this kind of thing. **** that though. Have a good night J?

Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:02   #40
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
imagine a thirteen year old doing the exaggerated running on the spot arms outstretched train movement, with a black t shirt with some anti establishment slogan, greasy hair, piercings, 3 sizes too large jeans and huge pumpy trainers

Thats ska music
no, thats pop punk. see above.

Jonny, ska = sort of a progression from reggae, a mixture of 'slightly more produced reggae', 'slightly faster reggae' to the two-tone bands such as Madness. some of these hip younglings seem to think that the introduction of a trumpet to something that could easily be a blink 182 song constitutes ska. It doesn't.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:06   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Aye, too poor to make it out three nights in a row so me and a mate of mine bought 2 bottles of cheap vodka (read paintstripper) after the Ireland match and celebrated by getting plastered totally before going to the pub to continue drinking. Yourself deffeh?

Quote:
Jonny, ska = sort of a progression from reggae, a mixture of 'slightly more produced reggae', 'slightly faster reggae' to the two-tone bands such as Madness. some of these hip younglings seem to think that the introduction of a trumpet to something that could easily be a blink 182 song constitutes ska. It doesn't.
Why such a terrible name though?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:08   #42
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

because it was the late 60s/early 70s and they were all pretty ****ing stoned at the time heh

there's a good reason but i dont remember what

edit: Recommend 'A Message To Rudy' as an example
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:09   #43
JonnyBGood
Banned

No Diggity.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:44   #44
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

I got to bag it up
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:46   #45
JonnyBGood
Banned

I like the way you work it
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:46   #46
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phang
no, thats pop punk. see above.

God, Elitists are so annoying.
Why do you think it's called skanking?

PS: I got Planet Smashers and Smashing Pumpkins mixed up in my post, sorry. Reverse the two.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:52   #47
roadrunner_0
cynic

well, phang and deffeh are talking shit in this thread, no change here then
will post better when i am sober, so could be sometime next year.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:54   #48
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
will post better when i am sober, so could be sometime next year.

You can't say me right now but trust me I'm cheering.
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:57   #49
roadrunner_0
cynic

btw, were you in a pub in londonderry last night jonny you alcoholic?
Unread 23 Feb 2004, 02:59   #50
JonnyBGood
Banned

Possibly, my memories of last night are hazy at best. Apparently I made it home though