User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Apr 2004, 11:28   #1
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Yo, belgy / kura / gamblers.

So i like the odd flutter.

And when i say the odd flutter i mean im hideously in debt.

But when i say im hideously in debt im not really but i seem to be cursed with atrocious luck whilst gambling.

But anyway, i dont know how to do trebles - obviously i know what buttons to press etc, but i dont know what odds as a three im going to get, what option i should take (two from three, doubles, or whatever) and i dont know what sort of semi certain odds i should be looking at to get myself somewhere in the region of 15-20 to 1 for the treble.

Can you help, advise etc? To naysayers, im going to gamble anyway, so any help is appreciated.

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 11:46   #2
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Yo, belgy / kura / gamblers.

I'd also be interested in any responses.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 11:46   #3
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

If your taking 3 teams but doing 3 doubles from them you need pretty big odds (like correct scores)

I ususally do 4 correct scores in a lucky 15 (4 singles, 6 doubles, 4 trebles and 1 fourfold) as £0.50 per bet so £7.50

Get 1 right and you get your monye back, get 2 and ure probalby at least £50-70 in profit .

If its just football and your picking 3 teams (say all evens)
The treble is 7/1, but u need all 3 right ofcourse

If you take the 3 doubles,
and you get 2 right you get (3/1)
get three right and u got (11/1)

So £1 on the treble would return £8 for them all right

3 right in the doubles returns £12 on £1 bets but you have to pay £3 to put it on.
So you get £9 profit

Basically if you do the doubles and get 2/3 right you'll get your money back.

So do the doubles i think if all the games are over evens (and you not sure about them all to win), if they are below evens on average do the treble

This prob doesnt make any sense
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 12:16   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Ok, I'm completely ****ing confused about what you just said, heh.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 12:22   #5
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think I understood it.

What I'd do though is do the one where u need 2 out of 3 to come good to win.
Dunno wot its called.

What is a "Yankee" though? It says its 11 bets...
A trixie has 4 bets!? Is that the 3 different 2 combinations and an accumulator?!
A patent has 7 bets?! Is that the same as above with the individual 3 bets as well?!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:01   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

I love making profit at the roulettetables and losing all in retarded bets at the end.
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:24   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
always bet on black

[spoiler]this would be funnier if i could attach an image of the poster for passenger 57, and if spoiler tags worked[/spoiler]
You do realise, the guy that sold his house, car, all worldly possessions, and went to Vegas to bet it all on a single Roulette spin bet on Red, and won, right?
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:26   #8
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd say it was rigged. Or he was getting paid money for it or something.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:28   #9
Rids
The Bad Guy

I'd assume, yes, he was getting a few quid from Sky for it.

However, I dont think the actual spin was rigged.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:28   #10
CoD
(.) (.)

CoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura aboutCoD has a spectacular aura about

he was lucky to win, but think about it, if he didnt win, he could get all his money back and more!!!

a) sky obviously paid him to film it
b) other tv shows from it
c) newspapers/magizines

hes quite a smart guy really
CoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 13:45   #11
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

will post after work.

tata till then
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 14:27   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Putting money on Fulham @ 1.87 with Ladbrokes.Com to beat an out of touch out of form Blackburn @ Home is a good bet today IMHO.

Todays Doubles : Liverpool & Derby , Sheff Utd & Brighton.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 14:44   #13
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Todays Doubles : Liverpool & Derby , Sheff Utd & Brighton.
If you jinx my team Kura you're in trouble!!
I hope you win!!!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 14:55   #14
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
If you jinx my team Kura you're in trouble!!
I hope you win!!!
Charlton are suffering their usual springtime slump, and Derby should comfortably beat fellow relegation strugglers Bradford.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:02   #15
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Derby should comfortably beat fellow relegation strugglers Bradford.
We should have beaten fellow strugglers Walsall.
We should have lost to West Ham.

We dont follow form
But as I say lets hope you win!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:25   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
We should have beaten fellow strugglers Walsall.
We should have lost to West Ham.

We dont follow form
But as I say lets hope you win!
Bradfords win against Reading was down to some seriously vicious foul play, and a home crowd that got behind the team. They know theyre down, and a win for Derby should be enough to move them away from the relegation zone.

I think its Wimbledon, Bradford and Gillingham going down this year.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:44   #17
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Derby 1 - 0 Bradford
Osman (36)
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:45   #18
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Derby 1 - 0 Bradford
Osman (36)
Yeah I know, we're all over them as well, but Peschy just missed a sitter - bit like Henry's yesterday!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:48   #19
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Yeah I know, we're all over them as well, but Peschy just missed a sitter - bit like Henry's yesterday!
Youre all over them, if you just settle down, keep doing what youre doing, and dont try and force the issue for a killer 2nd, youll win.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 15:51   #20
Stew
Made of Twigs

We always throw away leads, especially in last minute, we really could do with a 2nd.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:26   #21
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

So where is the best place to do these online bets?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:28   #22
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No such thing as a best place. You need to have a few online accounts to get the best odds. I find the william hill layout intolerable though, so i use Ladbrokes.com and bluesq.com

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:29   #23
Stew
Made of Twigs

Kura:

LIVERPOOL 0-1 CHARLTON
Bartlett 63

Plus we may be winnin 2-1 but they're all over us :S
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:42   #24
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Kura:

LIVERPOOL 0-1 CHARLTON
Bartlett 63

Plus we may be winnin 2-1 but they're all over us :S
And now its 2-2. Damn you for screwing up my double.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:46   #25
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
And now its 2-2. Damn you for screwing up my double.
3-2

WOO!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 16:53   #26
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
3-2

WOO!
I think I'm "woo"ing more!!!!!

Edit: full time
Edit: Told you we throw away leads though!!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 17:04   #27
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

All todays bets are los4rs

Well, apart from the bet on Fulham tonight. If that wins, im even again
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:08   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'd bet that Kura has had black man penis in his ass.

If anyone was silly enough to take that bet i think i could make myself a rich, RICH man.

AND ALL BECAUSE KURA LOVES THE BLACK COCK!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:38   #29
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
I'd bet that Kura has had black man penis in his ass.

If anyone was silly enough to take that bet i think i could make myself a rich, RICH man.

AND ALL BECAUSE KURA LOVES THE BLACK COCK!
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

The once great Dace , reduced to being a second rate Gary Glitter with "U R Gay" and "U Luv Teh c0ck" jokes.

I shall put this down to easter drunkenness and the celebration of finally having your own computer.

DONT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:40   #30
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Sometimes it's fun to do really bad shitty insults just to see if they actually manage to wind anybody up.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:42   #31
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question Re: Yo, belgy / kura / gamblers.

Belgy is the gambling man?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 20:44   #32
Dace
so f*cking zen

Belgy Bets.

Belgy loses.

Belgy eats lots to take the pain away.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 21:37   #33
Belgarath The Sorcerer
First Disciple of Aldur

Belgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud ofBelgarath The Sorcerer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffeh
So i like the odd flutter.

And when i say the odd flutter i mean im hideously in debt.

But when i say im hideously in debt im not really but i seem to be cursed with atrocious luck whilst gambling.
Just let me say right now, don't gamble because you need the money. That's a deep, dark, black hole, don't go there. Bet for a bit of fun.

Quote:
But anyway, i dont know how to do trebles - obviously i know what buttons to press etc, but i dont know what odds as a three im going to get, what option i should take (two from three, doubles, or whatever) and i dont know what sort of semi certain odds i should be looking at to get myself somewhere in the region of 15-20 to 1 for the treble.
A treble is made up of 3 selections. For you to be successful all three selections must be correct. I usually just do three aways on a saturday afternoon. EG: £5 onLiverpool @ 5/1, Man U at 1/2 and Villa at 15/8. A treble like this is just an accumulatr. That bet would return £129.37.
You could though do a Patent, which is: singles, 3 doubles and 1 treble. With this bet only one selection has to win for you to receive a return.
Or a Trixie, which is: 3 selections in different events(read: matches). A Trixie is made up of 4 bets - 3 doubles and 1 treble. To get a return, a minimum of 2 selections have to win.
Or you could do Doubles from Three, which are all the possible doubles (ie win, lose, draw) of you selections
There are a lot more ways you can bet on Footy, depends on how many matches you want to cover. Obviously the more matches you bet on, the higher the return is going to be, but also the higher the "IF" factor, of "If your predictions come true".
You can win good money for a £5 treble. Highest I've won for one of those ever, was £215.50, about three years ago. I bet on some long odds games, and they won. I was lucky.

If you want any help/advice, you have my MSN - myself and Kura chat quite regular about such things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Belgy is the gambling man?
Yes, I have been known to have a flutter every so often

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Belgy Bets.

Belgy loses.

Belgy eats lots to take the pain away.
Still playing that same record Dace? You'd make a shit standup comedian.
Unread 12 Apr 2004, 21:58   #34
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath The Sorcerer
Still playing that same record Dace? You'd make a shit standup comedian.
I can confirm his delivery "In Person" isnt a vast improvement on recent board commentaries.