User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 May 2007, 21:47   #1
steeeb

steeeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Galaxy Status - Reported?

A feature for trusted planets.

They see incoming on the galaxy status,

x:x:x x:x:x Beta Cat 1100 Attack 10 Reported?

You click Reported? once you have reported it, when its reported it changes to:

x:x:x x:x:x Beta Cat 1100 Attack 10 Reported by PlanetName (hover over to see the tick or something).

Easy
steeeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 22:04   #2
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice
Re: Galaxy Status - Reported?

Would be better if incomings of alliances members were visible in their tag and from there officers/HC deal with them.

Saves the hassle for fake chans / relay bots / etc.
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 22:34   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
Would be better if incomings of alliances members were visible in their tag and from there officers/HC deal with them.

Saves the hassle for fake chans / relay bots / etc.
But that doesnt reward activity; there still needs to be a reason for people to hop on IRC or check their planets during the long nights; seeing whether you have incoming is generally a good enough motivation for many to come online, and once online they provide the fleets to defend against those reported incs.

Having said that, a more automated system would be nice; eg, the button that stoom was talking about reported the incs in-game, rather than just a checkbox for people to declare to everyone else that its been manually done.

And hopefully the fact that its a "trusted only" feature means it shouldnt be abused (as much) by in-galaxy "spies".
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 22:52   #4
Shoshuro

Shoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really niceShoshuro is just really nice

True UN, but its not like there are many of us left playing PA

So lets make things simpler so we enjoy the game? There have been numerous times that P splits, relay bot goes down or other events and people wake up with uncovered incs because none was able to report them.
Shoshuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 May 2007, 23:56   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshuro
True UN, but its not like there are many of us left playing PA

So lets make things simpler so we enjoy the game? There have been numerous times that P splits, relay bot goes down or other events and people wake up with uncovered incs because none was able to report them.
There will be even fewer if those that do play never login

What's the point of reporting def if no-one is online to send it?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 13:33   #6
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Shoshuro is right, but I think we have to acknowledge that this won't happen unless the big 5 or so alliances at least agree to participate.

As for the feature - I think it is a good idea regardless.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 May 2007, 14:31   #7
viC
Carnivorous Flamingo

viC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to beholdviC is a splendid one to behold

I don't remember PA being made to play on IRC or P being an integral part to it.

As for the original suggestion: I personally feel it takes the game one more step towards becoming a completely automated spreadsheet where actually playing it, let alone playing well, becomes irrelevant. I have already stated my views on moving towards such a direction.
Unread 22 May 2007, 10:10   #8
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

who plays planetarion just for the game? I play for the banter on irc

I've tried a number of online games but quit soon after as I couldn't find any real ppl and there was no simple universal system like netgamers.

Most the people who stop playing dnt seem to have a irc nick or alliance.

I mean would you play wow if no one else did?
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote