User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Oct 2006, 16:24   #1
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Alliance scanning

I like the new scans page for alliance scanners - no problems there. However I would like to add some suggestions.

If I am an ally scanner, I can choose to take the cost out of the ally fund. But if a gal mate asks for a scan I would rather not hit my aliance for that cost (or at least have the option where the cost comes from). The current option of taking funds from the alliance or your own fund could be expanded.

If you an official alliance scanner
1. Scans from the Waves page come out of your own resources (for friends and gal mates) unless specified that they some out of the ally funds

But

2. When adding a target in the Attacks page - allow the targets to be scanned from that page (and the cost comes out of ally funds), by the official scanners.
3. Allow official alliance scanners to scan JPG's from the Attacks page without having to send a fleet out (and the cost comes out of ally funds)

I'm fully aware that some ally's don't use the Attacks page, so you could possibly add a section in the Alliance Scans page that allows offical ally scanners to run scans from that page and cost is taken from the ally funds - this would help split alliance scans and personal scans.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 18:35   #2
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold
Re: Alliance scanning

The option of not using alliance funds is already available.

When scanning for galmates - it's a simple case of ticking the "No Fund" checkbox on the waves page - then you pay for the scans not your ally.

Also afaik, scans performed from the galaxy & overview screens are funded by you not your alliance.

Having 2 scan pages would just complicate things - when a scan is needed quickly - I'd rather only have one location to go to - as I regularly scan for both my alliance & galmates.
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 21:45   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thex
3. Allow official alliance scanners to scan JPG's from the Attacks page without having to send a fleet out (and the cost comes out of ally funds)

I was going to make a suggestion similar to this just now.

For pete's sake, if we have JGP's and an open fleet slot, we shouldn't have to launch it in order to do the scan.

This would streamline the whole thing, and make my life (and other scanners) much easier

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 21:58   #4
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Having 2 scan pages would just complicate things - when a scan is needed quickly - I'd rather only have one location to go to - as I regularly scan for both my alliance & galmates.
But that's the point.

If you know that the scan is for a gal mate you click on the waves screen - then you know you are paying.

If the scan is for the alliance, you go to the alliance scans page, then you know the alliance is paying.

Surely that's a lot more intuitive and hardly is complicated to understand and afterall only requires just the same amount of clicks.

And
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsure
Also afaik, scans performed from the galaxy & overview screens are funded by you not your alliance
kinda proves that you don't quite know either - so having two seperate areas surely makes it clearer?

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 23:11   #5
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I like the new scans page for alliance scanners - no problems there. However I would like to add some suggestions.

If I am an ally scanner, I can choose to take the cost out of the ally fund. But if a gal mate asks for a scan I would rather not hit my aliance for that cost (or at least have the option where the cost comes from). The current option of taking funds from the alliance or your own fund could be expanded.
If you are an alliance scanner, then 95% of your scans should be for the alliance, so the default setting should be to use the fund (and remember you can click the 'never use fund' box). It makes perfect sense that if you want to scan for a friend or gal mate you can click the individual box next to the scan coords to not use the fund on these rare occasions should you be a conscientions little soul.

Quote:
If you an official alliance scanner
1. Scans from the Waves page come out of your own resources (for friends and gal mates) unless specified that they some out of the ally funds

But

2. When adding a target in the Attacks page - allow the targets to be scanned from that page (and the cost comes out of ally funds), by the official scanners.

I'm fully aware that some ally's don't use the Attacks page, so you could possibly add a section in the Alliance Scans page that allows offical ally scanners to run scans from that page and cost is taken from the ally funds - this would help split alliance scans and personal scans.
A few problems with this:

1) It's not some alliances that don't use the attacks page, it's pretty much most alliances.

2) Having a default not to take from the fund on the waves page would mean an extra click for the scanner on each scan in order to use the fund and also result in them accidentally scanning from their own funds if in a rush/tired etc.

3) Having a second 'waves' section under the alliance section would be another click AND an extra page to load.

For gods sake, the last thing a scanner wants is to spend more clicks and time doing the same highly repetitive process. The idea is/should be to make scans quicker and simpler to perform, and for the scanner not to have to worry about where the funds are coming from on every scan.
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 23:44   #6
Dom32

Dom32 will become famous soon enoughDom32 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
I was going to make a suggestion similar to this just now.

For pete's sake, if we have JGP's and an open fleet slot, we shouldn't have to launch it in order to do the scan.

This would streamline the whole thing, and make my life (and other scanners) much easier
Well said why hasnt this been done yet?
Dom32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Oct 2006, 23:47   #7
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
But that's the point.

If you know that the scan is for a gal mate you click on the waves screen - then you know you are paying.

If the scan is for the alliance, you go to the alliance scans page, then you know the alliance is paying.

Surely that's a lot more intuitive and hardly is complicated to understand and afterall only requires just the same amount of clicks.
What is wrong with just clicking the check box if you know the scan is not for your ally - it's right next to the co-ord entry box....on top of which tbh - if the scanners in my alliance occassionally scan for a galmate or friend out of the alliance fund - who cares --- after all the resources they use building amps more than covers the occassional scan. If a scanner is finding that more often than not they are doing non-alliance scans - they have the option to set all the checkboxes as ticked by default. Why go to all the trouble of creating a new page - when what you are after already exists, in what is a far less complicated fashion.

Quote:
kinda proves that you don't quite know either - so having two seperate areas surely makes it clearer?
Actually no - it just proves I didn't feel like finding the source of my information - and so stated it as my opinion rather than fact - in case I had misinterpretted it...and since I hardly ever scan from the galaxy or overview screens, I can't say I paid much attention to where the funds for those scans comes from....or to be honest even cared....

But just for the sake of this thread - I went and checked....here are the results.

My Overview Page -- My Funds
Galaxy Page -- Alliance Funds
Galaxy Status -- Alliance Funds

As it turns out I was wrong about the galaxy page - I suspect that I may have misread Appocomaster's comments in this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
After thinking through all the possiblities, it's not possible to take resources from the alliance fund to scan via the galaxy page if it has less than the minimum amount of each resource in the fund, but it is still possible on the waves page to do it in an "emergency".
I probably misread the bit about not being able to use alliance funds on the galaxy page if it has less than the minimum amount of each resource in the fund but then as I said it wasn't really a great concern for me.

The easiest way to solve any confusion - rather than code a new page - would just be to make sure it's mentioned in the manual on the waves page.
Unread 25 Oct 2006, 12:55   #8
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for jerome to tell us that the whole scan system needs revamping so we don't depend on people for scanning, so that I can agree with him.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 2006, 13:17   #9
Laffen

Laffen is on a distinguished road

It would be better if it was like this

My Overview Page -- Alliance Funds
Galaxy Page -- Alliance Funds
Wave Page -- Alliance Funds
Galaxy Status -- My Funds

From Overview Page u scan ur own inc and targets (most likely ally inc and ally target)

When u scan from galaxy page it's inc to gal....and that has nothing to do with ur ally.
Laffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 09:35   #10
zokka

zokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura aboutzokka has a spectacular aura about

How about three buttons for a scan
button 1= taken from own fund
button 2= taken from ally fund
button 3= taken from gal fund
zokka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Oct 2006, 16:17   #11
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zokka
How about three buttons for a scan
button 1= taken from own fund
button 2= taken from ally fund
button 3= taken from gal fund
because that would totally **** up typing in the coords and just hitting enter. where does the find come from then?

furthermore, on the gal page and overview should you have a letter for each resource source, so it would look like:

Beta 1:1:1 P Pa Pg S Sa Sg T Ta Tg U Ua Ug N Na Ng J Ja Jg M Ma Mg 1:1:1 10 Return 500

lol!
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 18:25   #12
frostbeule

frostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura aboutfrostbeule has a spectacular aura about

while you are at it, could you possibly add a feature "Scan entire gal" and then click the boxes of required scans. The output should be just all scans below each other...

This would save a lot of time (and clicking)
Unread 31 Oct 2006, 18:39   #13
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furyous
because that would totally **** up typing in the coords and just hitting enter. where does the find come from then?

furthermore, on the gal page and overview should you have a letter for each resource source, so it would look like:

Beta 1:1:1 P Pa Pg S Sa Sg T Ta Tg U Ua Ug N Na Ng J Ja Jg M Ma Mg 1:1:1 10 Return 500

lol!
Firstly, scanners are usually typing the coords (except for jgp, I agree).

A couple of lines of javascript would allow you to use enter/a keys for the scan to be charged from alliance fund, and the p key for personal funds.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote