User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

View Poll Results: PAX features I didn't like...
Alliance Integration 54 20.53%
Race Changes 175 66.54%
Travel Time 115 43.73%
Scan Changes 115 43.73%
Engineering 29 11.03%
Covert-Ops 81 30.80%
Combat 128 48.67%
Randon Galaxies 86 32.70%
Networth System 71 27.00%
Pre-launch 52 19.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 263. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:34   #1
MrBrick
Gone

MrBrick is an unknown quantity at this point
PAX Opinions 2 - Dislikes

Which PAX features did you not like?
MrBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:38   #2
Deviant

Deviant has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: PAX Opinions 2 - Dislikes

Seeing i'm not too keen on PaX, because i generally miss the old PA, i had to vote for all of them except Random Galaxies. I just prefer how the old PA worked, in all the aspects.

Deviant initiative - join #Deviant
Deviant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:38   #3
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviant
Seeing i'm not too keen on PaX, because i generally miss the old PA, i had to vote for all of them except Random Galaxies. I just prefer how the old PA worked, in all the aspects.
Same here.... again
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:41   #4
Deviant

We're like clones or something Bashar :P

Unread 29 Oct 2003, 13:44   #5
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society

Must be

Poor you.
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 14:23   #6
Dreadnought

there should be a box called "all"
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 15:17   #7
Castigated

Castigated is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadnought
there should be a box called "all"
Predictable as always, eh?
"The further the spiritual evolution of mankind advances, the more certain it seems to me that the path to genuine religiosity does not lie through the fear of life, and the fear of death, and blind faith, but through striving after rational knowledge."
Castigated is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 17:41   #8
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

I have to agree with Bashar and Deviant tbh, although i would like to see private rounds at some time, not just random all the time, but thats just my opinion
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 18:20   #9
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Race Changes, Travel Time, Combat

The Alliance Integration could have gone better.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 18:22   #10
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt
I have to agree with Bashar and Deviant tbh, although i would like to see private rounds at some time, not just random all the time, but thats just my opinion

mayb as in the other thread says do 'private packs' in some form rather then private gals

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 19:23   #11
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Myself, I more or less like all the features, think its more fun now.
The change I like the least is the race change, thats the one they should keep as it used to work. Hmm, was it a poll option to keep stats public? that would also be good
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Oct 2003, 19:38   #12
Deviant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad
Myself, I more or less like all the features, think its more fun now.
The change I like the least is the race change, thats the one they should keep as it used to work. Hmm, was it a poll option to keep stats public? that would also be good
When did you start playing Planetarion?

Unread 29 Oct 2003, 20:49   #13
Forest
Don't make me declare war

Forest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet societyForest is a pillar of this Internet society

I voted for things i liked by accident :/
Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 12:52   #14
n4m3l355
Mista JZ

n4m3l355 can only hope to improve

maybe make it if you pay you can get into a private gall? like in R5 with a certain number of free slots so like 5 payed 10 free
further indeed go back to basics & start rebuilding imo :P
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 15:09   #15
Browolf
Veteran

Browolf is an unknown quantity at this point

i like most of the features, except covert ops.

people are always saying how they want stuff to change, then pax comes along with lots of changes and then ppl are saying they want it how it used to be. the phrase 'cant win' comes to mind.

Embrace the wind with both arms, Stop the clouds dead in sky, Hang your head no more,
And beg no more, Brother Wolf and Sister Moon
Browolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Oct 2003, 19:01   #16
DukePaul
Retired VGN

DukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really niceDukePaul is just really nice

Quote:
When did you start playing Planetarion?
13th December 2000, somewhere between 17:00 and 17:30 CEST

and you?
DukePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 04:43   #17
Dr_Evil

Dr_Evil is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't dislike pax, though I dislike the race changes in ships. The travel times also seems to have a missing link, since we're in random gals wich are mostly inactive it's impossible to get defence without an alliance, and there's no benefits for being in the same cluster - that removes a very important aspect of the game.

The alliance should be the most important resource for offence, while the cluster is for defence.
Dr_Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 14:48   #18
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Evil
The alliance should be the most important resource for offence, while the cluster is for defence.
Lol, that last part is funny. You have never had any real chance of getting adequate defence in cluster. Cluster alliances really are nothing more than an extension of your alliance/block and as such defence from the cluster was always dependant on what alliance your from.

Anyway as I keep saying I really think the travel times are a great addition to the game simply because it reduces the ability for alliances to group up for defensive purposes. Just a shame we cant have something in place to prevent them ganging up on attacks also imho so that the game becomes less about which alliance can get the most people in their 'block' and instead about whos the most skilled on their own
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 14:52   #19
MOS

MOS is an unknown quantity at this point

It wasnt really an option but one of the things i really disliked is the multiple waves of attacks on gals tick after tick. and defence only being able to stay 1 tick so with each new wave you have to have a new lot of defence. this is almost imposible for a gal to def planets with no or poor alliances. add to this that its eta 5 in gal so it takes 10 ticks for a round trip is useless.

Also with people being able to set prelaunch attacks means its easier for people to all launch their attacks during europe night yet def can only be arrabged after the attack and there is not enough people around to def. Atleast in old pa the attackers had stay up as well to attack which reduced the amount of attacks.

as too other matters - there r much less strategic options in attacking and defending due to the ship stats. all the ships and races r too similar and with all the same eta means there r alot less things u can do.

The main thing i liked (most will probebly disagree) is the heavy transfer research thing. it slowed the lead planets from running away and becoming unbeatable. Made me and many others feel we were still in the game for alot longer
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 14:57   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I guess the main reason removing the ability to defend for more than 1 tick was the ability to pre launch defence so you didnt have the need to arrive early, although tbh I dont see a problem in maybe having a defence option that kept ships defending for two ticks rather than 1 (Double the attackers time like old pa)
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 15:01   #21
MOS

MOS is an unknown quantity at this point

yes thats fine ealier on when everyone has varying eta's but now everyone has eta 8univ, eta alliance and so u arnt ever prelaunching every must be around yet the attackers could have prelaunched several hours before to launch when its least posible to get def.
Unread 1 Nov 2003, 19:43   #22
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

i'm not playing PaX, but i can tell you that stuff like pre-launch is one of the major reasons why i'm not playing...

it just takes away too much of an advantage that people had who actually worked for their accounts...

besides that... in the times i logged in to other accounts (twice sadly enough) i saw it being way too complicated. it just lacks the lovely simplicity pa had and all the other reasons why i used to play it

i can't even imagine how annoying this will be for someone that hasn't even played normal pa..

if you want a real playerbase again... old style pa is the way to go

p.s. random is good tho keep that forever
then you get players making a difference to a gal.. instead of needing 10 'pro' players...
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Nov 2003, 22:44   #23
Dr_Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Anyway as I keep saying I really think the travel times are a great addition to the game simply because it reduces the ability for alliances to group up for defensive purposes. Just a shame we cant have something in place to prevent them ganging up on attacks also imho so that the game becomes less about which alliance can get the most people in their 'block' and instead about whos the most skilled on their own
If you reduce the ability for alliances to group up for defensive purposes, you doom all the newbies in the newbie alliances, who are dependent on their small alliancem8s to group up to match the size of the attacker! It simply isn't a fun game to play if you lose your roids even though you stayed up all night crying for defence.
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 03:49   #24
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

The part of PAX I dislike the most isn't in the poll.

the secret stats and formulas
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 11:35   #25
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
If you reduce the ability for alliances to group up for defensive purposes, you doom all the newbies in the newbie alliances, who are dependent on their small alliancem8s to group up to match the size of the attacker! It simply isn't a fun game to play if you lose your roids even though you stayed up all night crying for defence.
Its this kind of thinking that got us in the private galaxy situation Yes certain changes can have a direct effect on small alliances be it either positive or be it negative but you need to look at the wider picture on such issues. With keeping the current travels times for example, yes it might be bad for small alliances initially as it might reduce defense they can call upon, however in the long run its actually good for the game because the big alliances suddenly become much more vunrealble as they also dont have the defence to call upon. This means they are more likly to attack each other than before and gives no benifit of joining up in defensive blocks which stagnate the game. In turn if they are being attacked more and arent as resyricted on who they can attack it takes a little bit of flak off the small players.

Its a positive step for the game and needs kept if the game is ever to expand its playing base. With this and a couple of changes to stablise the small alliances a little more we can provide a fun enviorment for new players to enter into rather than one that scares most of them off and results in bad word of mouth for the game
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:35   #26
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

i've seen blocked alliances defend each other once, and that was back in round 6 or so. have i just been in lame blocks?

i was under the impression that the whole point of blocking is that you don't attack each other, hence leaving each other *requiring* less defence. hence it doesn't matter what the eta from one block alliance to the next is.

if you're feeling really cooperative, you might coordinate attacks, hitting different enemy galaxies at the same time, but again the travel time doesn't make a lot of difference to that.

please explain how the travel time affects blocks

-mist
mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:48   #27
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
The part of PAX I dislike the most isn't in the poll.

the secret stats and formulas
110% agree.

imo this only hurts the smaller players, who don't have the resources/techies to work them out for them. if you want battles to be less calculator based and predictable then more tactical options (preferably simple ones) so that we don't know exactly what we're facing, rather than removing tactical elements by making us guess what stuff does
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 15:51   #28
mist
Jolt's best friend

another dislike (yes, i know this is turning in to a rant) is the way that you have to read the manual to be able to play, rather than picking it up as you go along. imo it makes the game less attractive to newbies.

also, i feel the little "?" from the top right no longer existing is sad :/
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 22:05   #29
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

whats the point of 2 polls, with almsot the same options, where one you vote for what you like, and one you vote for what you dont like??
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2003, 23:29   #30
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: PAX Opinions 2 - Dislikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventh
whats the point of 2 polls, with almsot the same options, where one you vote for what you like, and one you vote for what you dont like??
Because there are features towards which you might be neutral. Given the primative state of vBulletin polls, there's no other easy way to distinguish between the features that players like, the ones they dislike, and the ones they don't care about either way.

It's still not a proper survey, and the lists aren't complete, but hey--it's better than nothing (barely).
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 08:13   #31
Dr_Evil

Quote:
Its this kind of thinking that got us in the private galaxy situation Yes certain changes can have a direct effect on small alliances be it either positive or be it negative but you need to look at the wider picture on such issues. With keeping the current travels times for example, yes it might be bad for small alliances initially as it might reduce defense they can call upon, however in the long run its actually good for the game because the big alliances suddenly become much more vunrealble as they also dont have the defence to call upon. This means they are more likly to attack each other than before and gives no benifit of joining up in defensive blocks which stagnate the game. In turn if they are being attacked more and arent as resyricted on who they can attack it takes a little bit of flak off the small players.
In other words: the more impossible to get defence the better for the game, u say.

Well I disagree. If u look from a different point of view: the new player view (the view of the new player - who we want to keep), u will see that he doesn't care about what happens between the top alliances, at all. What he cares about is his own planet. And when his own planet gets attacked, he wants defence. If he doesn't get defence, he will not enjoy playing planetarion. Who pays for a game they don't enjoy playing?
Unread 4 Nov 2003, 11:03   #32
wakey
Hamster

Quote:
In other words: the more impossible to get defence the better for the game, u say.

Well I disagree. If u look from a different point of view: the new player view (the view of the new player - who we want to keep), u will see that he doesn't care about what happens between the top alliances, at all. What he cares about is his own planet. And when his own planet gets attacked, he wants defence. If he doesn't get defence, he will not enjoy playing planetarion. Who pays for a game they don't enjoy playing?
What I'm actually saying is restricting the efficiency of the top alliances is good for the small players. If we take my point over private galaxies as an example, when Zeus announced the idea all the small players instantly thought "finally we can get in galaxies that will let us compete" while being totally shortsighted to the fact that by doing so the same advantages were being given to the bigger players who would be able to take advanatage of it more. If anything private galaxies made it impossible for the small players as it instantly made them easy targets.

Its the same things here, while alliances at the top are allowed to run amok like they are it doesnt matter how much defence you can call upon becuase your going to get destroyed. Quite simply by bringing back the old travel times your making the big alliances more powerful thus increasing their ability to bash the small players thus quickly removing ANY potiential defence advantage that the old system gave over the new one.
The Farnborough Crew
Unread 5 Nov 2003, 02:14   #33
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The stats suck, to be perfectly honest.

I don't know whos bright idea it was to simply them like that, but combined with the combat style now, it sucks.

No big attacks. A bit of defence covers an entire attack.

I can't think of anything good to say about them.
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 18:35   #34
themast
Punk

themast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these partsthemast is infamous around these parts

Quote:

same here
Rd6&7 4D (20:8:6) & (20:2:10) Rd14 ND (2:5:4)
Rd8 Did not play Rd15 Did not play
Rd9 4D/SWaRM (13:4:10) Rd16 ND (14:1:6)
Rd9.5 SWaRM (42:7:4) Rd17 ND (13:10:8)
Rd10 SWaRM (21:4:7) Rd18 ND (13:6:8)
Rd10.5 SWaRM (5:5:10) Rd19 ND - HC (1:9:3)
Rd11 ND (32:2:10) Rd36 ND 7:9:7
Rd12 ND (30:10:1)
themast is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 2003, 18:48   #35
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst thing about PAX is lack of launch cost - it just opens it up too much to launch/recall abuse.

Covert ops stealing is too abusive, it should probably be capped about 10-20x, other covert ops are possibly too weak.

1 tick attack is fine but defence should be 2-3 ticks to cut down on the stupid 10 wave attacks ppl have to suffer now - that's not fun by anyone's standards. Launch cost would help this ofc.

Lack of Cluster-defence bonus is a big negative to the social aspects of the game. Never before have I known so many of my alliance mates and so few other people.

Scans are bang on and the unknown stats too - fog of war and judgement over empirical data is way more fun.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 2003, 12:30   #36
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

The worst part about PAX (and rnd 1-9.5) is that it encourages bashing for cheap roids. Once you are killed and can't recover fast enough you are done for. If you end up beneath the upper half of the universe in score and value you may as well quit because it will all go downhill from there. If you are lucky you might be able to get into a decent galaxy with exile, but shouldnt small targets be unattractive to big planets no matte what galaxy they are in? I think they should be.
Unread 9 Nov 2003, 11:32   #37
Dr_Evil

Quote:
Quite simply by bringing back the old travel times your making the big alliances more powerful thus increasing their ability to bash the small players thus quickly removing ANY potiential defence advantage that the old system gave over the new one.
Yes, you will make the big alliances more powerful, but you will also make the small alliances more powerful and more efficient in defence wich decreases the big planets' abilities to bash the small players, because the small players can get defence if their active enough (without the defence restrictions). In pax small players get bashed no matter how active they are, and that is unfair.
Unread 10 Nov 2003, 15:10   #38
mist
Jolt's best friend

Quote:
Yes, you will make the big alliances more powerful, but you will also make the small alliances more powerful and more efficient in defence wich decreases the big planets' abilities to bash the small players, because the small players can get defence if their active enough (without the defence restrictions). In pax small players get bashed no matter how active they are, and that is unfair.
anything that increases power increases it linerly. if you make it twice as easy to defend then you make it twice as easy to defend for both the big and small players. this assumes that defence is a available.

if you make it twice as easy for big and small players to defend, but small players run out of defence by about 3am then the big players who still have defence available gain for longer than the small players do.

ergo making defence easier is a bigger advantage to big than small.

ergo, leave the travel times as they are and look for another way, such as cluster alliances, to help small players.
Unread 10 Nov 2003, 17:48   #39
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Launch cost and E shortage did help to curtail the bigger players and they certainly wouldn't do the current launch/recall tactics that amount to more fleets launched a day and more people being unable to defend.

Finance centres are great - but they tend to make the large/small difference even more significant.

The bug with building destruction means anyone who gets hit constantly loses their structures - if this actually worked and you never lost buildings unless stry were specifically targetted that would be a slight advantage to the smaller guys.

Bottom line is being at the bottom of teh PA foodchain sucks ass and that is the key thing that needs fixing.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2003, 19:28   #40
schizoid

There will always be big players and small players, with the latter being bashed more often than not (which is one of the reasons they are small, in the first place). No matter how the rules are changed, this will not , someone will always be winning and someone else losing the game. Good players will always have an advantage, no matter the rules.

I don't particularly like the prelaunch feature and the ETA system, too, since in all the times I've played I always received defence from friends outside my alliance more often than within. It also makes the need for a good (meaning fairly large and organized) alliance imperative for someone who wants to do well in the game. The prelaunch feature just allows inactive gits to be able to mount early morning offensives without waking up for it. True it limits defence capablities for big alliances, but if three or four strong alliances agree not to attack each other for a time, then they can gain an edge anyway.

I don't think the cost for tlaunching a fleet was so big a disadvantage for a big player since big means more resources and you could always build a few more eonium mines in the beginning to stock up on fuel. I don't like that ships all have the same eta, imo heavier ships should be slower, as before.

I liked the old combat system better since it was more realistic, but I have to admit that it was a bit difficult for a new player to take in (I know I had a lot of trouble with it at first - but hey, no pain, no gain). The new, arcade style, combat is simpler and new players only have to worry about what targets what, not the order of fire, the order of targets, etc, etc. I also don't like the race changes, the original races were more fun to play with and added replayability to a game that could otherwise be boring after a couple of rounds - each race required a whole different approach to play.

Finally, the thing i hated most of all in PA-X is not in the list: THE OVERVIEW SCREEN
C'mon people, what was wrong with the old galstatus (except that it was easy to read and contained a lot more info than this overview)?
Unread 13 Nov 2003, 11:15   #41
Hurragutten

Hurragutten is an unknown quantity at this point

I like them all. I think PaX rocks. Didn't think so at the start, but it gets better and better
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 08:31   #42
Seelenquell

Seelenquell is an unknown quantity at this point

Launch Scan oh def Recall, Relaunch Scan oh def Recall relaunch scan oh no def ...

Im tired to defend against it. When it would cost you Ressources to launch a Fleet this Tactiks wouldnt so Polular.

And i dont like the Totally Random Shit. At least you should be able to build groups of 3 - 4 Persons who move into a Gal of 10. Exiling need also to Reworked.

And WHEN MY SHIPS HAVE ETA 8 WHY THE **** THEY FIRST VISIBLE TO ME WHEN THEY HAVE ETA 7 ?! Give the Planets 1 Tick the Chance to get Def from everywhere 1 extra Tick for Alliance Def and Eta 5 Def ingal.

I know for sure i wont Play PaXI when i have to go totally Random again. Dont Think just about new Player. Think about the Players you allready have too and how to convince them to Stay.
Seelenquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 2003, 11:00   #43
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm very happy with PaX, I do miss the different races, but they have to be thought out VERY well before you implement them to avoid inbalance.

the way waves are done is good IMO... Also, the priorities are very clever, the fact that base fleets are refined to mixed/mixed stimulates more combat, always a good thing. Prelaunch is also a good thing IMO, I can ONLY play at certain times, and this allows me to play more seriously, thus increasing my interest in it and keeping me in the game.

Only thing I have worries about it FCs simply increasing the gap between top and bottom, and immoral bashing type stuff, which isn't PaX's fault...
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2003, 07:00   #44
wakka
commander

wakka can only hope to improve

the new planetarion stinks I'm going over to ******** to relive the old glory days when planetarion was the best game out there barr none.whoever thought up this mess should be horsewhipped for being an idiot if you agree go to signup and play a real game and best of all ITS FREE

Last edited by wakey; 14 Dec 2003 at 19:37.
wakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Nov 2003, 22:28   #45
RoachKing
Lil_Timmy

RoachKing is an unknown quantity at this point

When the ship changes came along i thought PANTS.
I almost voted there here to, then i thought about it, and thought about the one target for ships thing and i have come to the conclusion it aint really that bad.

True you cant steal all ships, you cant make blind attacks and you cant freeze, but overall the attack system is ok. It may need touching a bit, i dont like the fact that all ships shoot same time but everyone has this disadvantage. But i do like the fact ships only target one class.
If you bring races back, maybe you would want to include this one target part.
RoachKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Nov 2003, 23:31   #46
BLACK_OPPS
Comrade LENIN

BLACK_OPPS is on a distinguished road

Alliance Intergration

Worst Idear Ever!
it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger.
Herman Goering
BLACK_OPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Dec 2003, 23:07   #47
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill say what I like about it and I'll finish first

ok, let me start:

-----------------

yup, thats pretty much about it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Community for community - join #PA