User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 31 May 2003, 08:07   #1
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Para-Alliances Forming

All though this is all going to be pointless if there is a Shuffle, what do you think the para-alliance situation is going to be now that there won't be any powerblocs lumbering around. I have seen [Twice] already established in parallel 2 (wasn't it [TWO] last round?) and a word or two from friends in other parallels, but will they last or will it be [5th] all over again? Anyways feel free to fill in the list:

Parallel 1 -
Parallel 2 - Twice
Parallel 3 -
Parallel 4 -
Parallel 5 -
Parallel 6 -
Parallel 7 -
Parallel 8 -
Parallel 9 -
Parallel 10 -

Also it seems Cluster Nine has tagged itself with [NINE] which might conflict with P9's choice of name...
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 08:12   #2
Dreadnought!

is this some odd weird ploy to get intel by finding out what para people are in?

If so its pretty poor and i see no discussion in it really
Unread 31 May 2003, 08:22   #3
Makain
Macintosh Defender

Makain is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah thats exactly it .

Last round I had a bit of an issue with Cluster Alliances which basically led to my galaxy's ass being raped by both vvomm and weet because no one honored [5th]. I just want to know if there is going to be another issue this round and if you dont see a point in discussing it, then don't. However, if I was looking to get intel I would have to know who you all are and what alliances you are in and what the political situation is in the first place, and since no credible alliance will touch me that seems increasingly unlikely.
Makain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 09:06   #4
PiaZava
Pip the magic pe0n

PiaZava is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Makain
Last round I had a bit of an issue with Cluster Alliances which basically led to my galaxy's ass being raped by both vvomm and weet because no one honored [5th
Clusteralliances is about divide and conquer. You team up in the beginning, and the first gal which feels it has enough strenght and backup will try singling out and killing off its main enemies in the cluster. Might be harder this round if the alliances really go solo.

~P

Ω
PiaZava is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 10:09   #5
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

p11 is my p-alliance
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 10:24   #6
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: Para-Alliances Forming

Quote:

Parallel 2 - Twice
hehe, GC are bored these day, you know

-Lupin

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 10:24   #7
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Gerbie
p11 is my p-alliance
Then we are in the same para
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 13:02   #8
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
f4p is P4's tag
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 May 2003, 13:25   #9
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
No parallel/cluster alliance will finish the game exactly how it starts off. To do so would be worse than any powerblock-induced stagnation.
Unread 31 May 2003, 13:40   #10
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Right now cluster and parallel alliances are about keeping everyone who can hit you with low etas off your back until you can hit them with no worries of effective retaliation. Even during the early days of PA cluster/parallel alliances still evolved from the massed ranks at the start of each round. It'll be interesting in a round with random galaxies however. With 25 planets per gal you're almost guaranteed a few good targets of opportunity. With most gals organised at approximately the same initial skill level the little differences could make the round.
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:00   #11
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
There's a p5a, dunno abbout a '5th' yet
Unread 31 May 2003, 17:30   #12
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
p6 = 666
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 02:08   #13
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by PiaZava
Clusteralliances is about divide and conquer. You team up in the beginning, and the first gal which feels it has enough strenght and backup will try singling out and killing off its main enemies in the cluster. Might be harder this round if the alliances really go solo.

~P
You don't have to screw people over to be #1.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 02:12   #14
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold
Re: Para-Alliances Forming

Quote:
I have seen [Twice] already established in parallel 2 (wasn't it [TWO] last round?)

Yep, it was [TWO] last rnd
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 02:50   #15
Ahriman
Mr Sexable

Ahriman is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
You'd have to be bloody lucky not to need to screw people over.
Unread 1 Jun 2003, 04:34   #16
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahriman
You'd have to be bloody lucky not to need to screw people over.
Or really good.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 18:38   #17
TheShadowMan
Choice of Whacker sir?

TheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud ofTheShadowMan has much to be proud of
or bored lets hope that doesn't happen this rd
Unread 2 Jun 2003, 21:52   #18
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
I want some of what you are having.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote