User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 03:31   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

I think i had this debate in R7, and the general response was a lot of personal abuse from Keystroke. However , let me explain what i mean here on a logical basis.
  • Every alliance reaches a point where it cannot evolve further , and at that point, splinters or dies.
  • Good alliances which run on a non social basis , recognise this and disband/splinter.
  • all the top alliances from the early rounds , save Fury , have since splintered/Disbanded whilst at the top of their game
  • IPC has not, and still sees itself as a "top" alliance, which statistically , theyve never been.

This debate will i accept , stand and fall on whether or not IPC considers itself a "Social" alliance. Id genuinely like this one answered without flaming or personal abuse.

Thanks
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:07   #2
Viprex

Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima
This debate will i accept , stand and fall on whether or not IPC considers itself a "Social" alliance. Id genuinely like this one answered without flaming or personal abuse.
Well consider it this way, IPC never had any goals to dominate the universe, hence making them different from other alliances. IPC aren't a pacifist alliance either tho, they just never declare war, or take sides in the wars; but they do attack, but purely for roiding purposes, and for not taking out their enemies (except maybe the occasional f-crew )

Yes IPC has never been a top alliance, and doesn't really consider itself as one.

I think IPC is a social alliance, as it really is, or used to be a 'community' rather than alliance. but now, it has spread over many games, hence starting to make impacts upon them, gradually turning itself into an alliance, and not so much a community anymore. They still are very social tho, so i'd say they still are a social alliance, but for how long...

[edit] deleted nasty stuff about people - i'm in a very bad mood this week [/edit]
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:08   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think IPC has ever (in recent rounds anyways) considered itself to be a "top" alliance, so I don't quite understand the point of this discussion...

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:18   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road
I Still think many alliances shouldnt of disbanded

but i am whats known as the "akillies heel" (sp?) of planetarion alliances

unluckilly enough for them
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:26   #5
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

KeyStroke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Kurashima

Thanks

I dont get it... About each round there is someone or several who start pick on us for one reason or the other on these forums. I mean does you guys get off on flame us or something?

We never regarded us as "all that", however in the terms on longest standing "continous" alliance we top the list with F-Crew right behind. Neither of us have really gunned for the #1 place in this game, and frankly we aint after it either. We play just for the reason of having fun, wether it goes bad or good.

As with previous rounds it seems people are interested in bringing us over on "their" side, we had offers, we declined. We hold our pride in stand and fall on our own. Crawling the backs of others and ganging up like sheeps isnt our thing.

Around new year we changed webbie, we did turn into a open gaming community open for everyone who want to join. Its just to sign up at our forums. However, access to game spesific forums and tools is restricted to members playing under our banners. As Viprex said we spread to several games, and we gained new members from all over the place. Common for all of these is that we have fun, fun together.

So Kurashima, do you have so little fun these days that you have to pick on others just to have something to do or? I frankly dont get it. Thanks for the free advertisement though
<Zhil> hmm
<Hicks> Dreadnought II theyd call me
KeyStroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 04:31   #6
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Smokeh will become famous soon enoughSmokeh will become famous soon enough
Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Viprex
Yes IPC has never been a top alliance, and doesn't really consider itself as one (Smokeh might think it is but he's just a ... no i can't say it twice in an hour or so to him, but, you know what i mean).
I am fully aware of the position of IPC in the grand order of things. To think I have dillusions of grandeur is an opinion that you will never be able to pass, you don't know me and you shouldn't claim to know what I think. And insulting me publicly or privately on forums isn't nice, thankyou

As for the argument itself, just because we value friendship and loyalty higher than the "l33tness" of each player, doesn't necessarily mean that we're a "social" alliance or whatever you want to call it.

I'm very proud of the alliance I've spent 2 years with, and I wouldn't change it's ideals for the world. If you don't like it, I'm sorry, but we do

To suggest that IPC should disband is quite frankly a ludicrous suggestion, and one that serves no purpose. Players join Planetarion for fun, not as a way to win the various prizes for winning the round, and alliances that emphasise the fun part over all other are hard to come by, IPC and F-Crew being two of which.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 06:16   #7
Xearz

Xearz is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you assume that the only goal an alliance can have is to perform as agood as possible (high scoring players etc.), this however has never been a goal of IPC.

IPC's goal is to provide a place for the casual online gamer who wants to have fun playing a game without having to spend 24 hours a day on it.

Why would an alliance disband if it manages to achieves its goal in full every round?

Why does the airforce need new expensive bombers? Have the people we've been bombing all these years been complaining about the old ones?

#ipc-alliance
www.ipc-alliance.com
Xearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 07:36   #8
PuppetS
Master Of Puppets

PuppetS is an unknown quantity at this point
I was in IPC for over a round but I wanted to be a bigger player and I found it very hard in IPC to get big. So I went looking for an alliance that could.

IPC isnt about being the best it is just about having fun I think, altho getting your roids stolen isnt much fun for me :-).

GL to IPC hope they stay around for a long time.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 08:27   #9
Maddix
Imposter?

Maddix is an unknown quantity at this point
Out of interest have IPC ever considered "getting serious" and attempting to step up from being a fun alliance to one willing to make allies and attempt to influence a round in some way?

If so, when was this...in previous rounds did you actually do this or meerly discuss it, what were your reasons for not going serious?

This isn't a flame, I genuinely am curious

R2: XXV
R3: Æternals
R4: Fx9/Wolfpack
R5: Legion
R6: Legion BC
R7: Legion BC
R8: RaH BC
R9: RaH HC
Maddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 08:56   #10
Not_RIT

Not_RIT is an unknown quantity at this point
I think IPC have done a splendid job, it is not easy to be basicly a 'stepping stone' for people to use when they are not quite good enough for the bigger alliances. And they still retain some qualitity players if albeit ones whom are not taking the game all that seriously. I think the fact that IPC has been going 9 rounds now is quite a tribute to its HC, officers and members; it is not easy to run an alliance.
Not_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 09:24   #11
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

WST is on a distinguished road
I've been in IPC for about 2/3 rounds i think now, and i've had more fun in IPC than any other alliance. Not, obviously, because of planetarion (or **********), but because in IPC i've made more friends, and met more people than in any other alliance i've been in. They always send defence, particularly if you yourself help out a fair bit, and the nightly attacks almost always go off well.
Just because IPC doesn't declare war doesn't mean it's weak, it's an alliance that focuses on fun, and at the same time, has a good playerbase, who help each other etc
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 10:46   #12
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Telhilion is an unknown quantity at this point
Well all the good points seem to be taken

The only people that seem to have a problem with IPC and F-Crew are the same individuals that would sell their own mother for a place up in the rankings. There is only so far alliance hopping and boasting can get someone in PA.

Any D********* players out there will have spotted those IPC and F-Crew tags in the top100 (even if IPC are slipping on behalf of WoE lo key )

If you want some quick community fun should get into some of the F-Crew evening speedgames, its damn cut throat. Sh33p are coming back against the breakaway faction Jessica, with the HCs in Hamstah watching on. Five rounds so far

-Ravont_lee
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:19   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
IPC would probably be given loads if they did try and step up and seems they are now too, when they don't try and step up. If they do consider themselves a main player then they are wrong. If they don't consider themselves to be a main player and are, in fact, just a casual alliance then all the best to them. If they are aiming to one day step up to the big leagues, then I would recommend that they get their acts together and do it because they've taken long enough already.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:32   #14
Meth
Me

Meth is an unknown quantity at this point
Slow and steady wins the race.

Good thing there's no finish line in PA, else we'd all be in trouble.
Meth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:45   #15
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
I can never quite understand this mentality that because an alliance steadily exists through every round of PA without breaking up or getting involved in powerblock wars (F-Crew, IPC, any others?), why some people seem to always have a problem with them. While a large number of players will certainly play this game to push for the top, there is still a lot who just want to have some fun with their mates, who do see this only as a game and not an occupation.

The kind of people you'll find in these alliances will generally fall into the latter. That doesn't mean these alliances still aren't trying to do well within in the game, just that it isn't a goal. If we find ourselves in a good in-game position, thats great, if we don't, we've still had fun playing.

From my own point of view, I could have pushed myself into a much better position than where I am now (HC of F-Crew), but I have never attempted to, despite having oppurtunities to move into the larger alliances a number of times. It always amuses me that the people offering always seem shocked when I say no, particularly when it's on the grounds that I'm happy where I am. This usually elicits a "But you'll never win", which in turn leads to an "I don't care", which leads to me dialing 999 when the person than suffers heart failure :/

I've spent a small amount of time in IPC over previous rounds and have always held close ties with them, and they always put in a decent performance from round to round while never getting involved in the major politics. Above all though, they have fun, which is what us, and more of the alliances should have a try at, rather than obsessively pushing for the top. It's a great testiment to IPC, FC, and anyone else who has lasted this long can still be here, still play and still have fun, despite the overwhealming odds they are constantly facing.
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 12:53   #16
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough
Well the existance of IPC means you always have a target that wont hit you back very hard

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:04   #17
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie7SF
I can never quite understand this mentality that because an alliance steadily exists through every round of PA without breaking up or getting involved in powerblock wars (F-Crew, IPC, any others?)
TFD if you forget about XETA r6 (part of our members want to forget all about it at least.. can't see why, it was nice to be on the winning side for a while)

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:18   #18
Eddie
Slacker

Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by HRS
TFD if you forget about XETA r6 (part of our members want to forget all about it at least.. can't see why, it was nice to be on the winning side for a while)
Ah, yes, good ol' TFD XETA? Winning? Didn't FoS kick their asses?

Were you still with us in R6? I tend to remember us having a XETA tag and taking a good smashing because of it even though most of us were in neutral alliances :/
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:24   #19
HRS
TFD forever

HRS is an unknown quantity at this point
well.. xeta was winning at the start of the round.. i already got bored of it when fos/fltv allied against xeta (yes, yes, i admit.. i was feeling bad when our gal got bashed from 27 to 120 or so:P)

and i wasn't with you in R6, joined a gal with 11 TFD players

<mpr0733> never underestimate the speed of a fryingdutch thread spammer

<Zapman> ja ik wil hrs stalken, natuurlijk, logisch
HRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:26   #20
Dreadnought!

IPC is the Queen Mother of PA, nobody wants to see her die.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 13:27   #21
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Maddix
Out of interest have IPC ever considered "getting serious" and attempting to step up from being a fun alliance to one willing to make allies and attempt to influence a round in some way?

If so, when was this...in previous rounds did you actually do this or meerly discuss it, what were your reasons for not going serious?

It was considered at various points, but never really happened. A number of reasons were put forward, but the main one comes down to the fact that the majority of IPC members don't get up at 3am or whenever to launch attack/defence fleets, which really cripples any such notion of "getting serious" immediately.

That's what it boils down to in the end, and it's why we do see the vast majority of players in IPC who are "serious" etc. leaving for bigger alliances. Apart from a few core, and they're idealists so will never leave.
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:13   #22
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I have to agree with Key and Smokeh on this one. F-Crew have had strong ties with IPC for much of our existance and while the links have become strained over the last few rounds it certainly had nothing to do with them being above themselves.

Not once have i ever experianced IPC as a whole havingdelusions of grandeur. As with most groups of people you will always get some people who do think they are better than they actually are and of course IPC have some of these in their ranks BUT you dont judge the whole group on the views of the minority. Of their HC there is perhaps only one who might fall into this group and for certain the focus points of their HC (Key and Smokeh) dont. They are approachable, friendly people who know the alliance isnt great but arent bothered as long as the community is good.

As for your point

Quote:
IPC has not, and still sees itself as a "top" alliance, which statistically , theyve never been
I dont know if i actually fully agree with the fact that you feel they have never been a 'top' alliance. I guess it depends on your definition of top but I personally consider IPC to have been a top alliance in r1 and r2. They werent a WaC or BT but they were certainly in the small group of 5-10 who just behind these alliances (The likes of New Dawn, SK, UXF, RE, hirr, Fury (included them here and not at the top becuase it wasnt till close to the end that they established themselves as the dominant force) or even us).

At F-crew we could have stayed in that position or even done better if we had sold out on our beliefs and taken up the powerblock invites we got but we didnt and I'm sure its the same for IPC. We both resigned ourselves to having less power to have a good community and to not comprimise our gaming beliefs. So before attacking IPC and showing them a lack of respect for their previous achivements and the way they stuck to their beliefs, actually investigate the facts first. If more alliances were like IPC and F-crew perhaps we wouldnt have ended up with the mess we have now due to powerblock.

Oh and also you seem to think being a top alliance today is an achivement. Any half baked alliance can get to the top today by piggybacking on the powerful ones via the powerblocks, hey it has happened every round since the powerblocks became popular with one or more alliances going from being nothing to a top player just becuase of their links. As soon as this link is lost they dissapear into the void again. The real achivement is either being one of the alliances that gets to the top through hard graft or being one of the none powerblock alliances that continue even though the odds are stacked against them. Again this is where IPC have succeed and deserve some respect for.

Viprex : This attitude that a few at IPC have that F-Crew are your enemy really annoys me. Yes our links were strained due to a personality clash between two of our HC at the time (Dou and BrOwS) and two of yours (Key and Yaret) but this idea that we are your enemy is just getting riduclous. IPC were just as much to blame for the problems and while we at F-crew and Key were able to relise this and try and put it behind us Yaret wasnt and started to spurt out lots of rubbish and even authorised the IPC members who belived the rubbish he was spouting to attack the F-Crew members in their galaxies. So please stop aiding his cause from a few rounds back and do what the rest of us have and put the troubles behind us (hey we even granted Smokeh access to our channels and forums which shows how much we consider IPC our enemy)
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:20   #23
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
I remember this thread from last round as well

I had 2 IPC peeps in gal R8 and 1 in BoV (dominant c44 R7 alliance) and they got covered fast every time they needed it.

IPC are still around, surely that's testament enough
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 14:57   #24
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Quote:
Originally posted by wakey
Viprex : This attitude that a few at IPC have that F-Crew are your enemy really annoys me. Yes our links were strained due to a personality clash between two of our HC at the time (Dou and BrOwS) and two of yours (Key and Yaret) but this idea that we are your enemy is just getting riduclous. IPC were just as much to blame for the problems and while we at F-crew and Key were able to relise this and try and put it behind us Yaret wasnt and started to spurt out lots of rubbish and even authorised the IPC members who belived the rubbish he was spouting to attack the F-Crew members in their galaxies. So please stop aiding his cause from a few rounds back and do what the rest of us have and put the troubles behind us (hey we even granted Smokeh access to our channels and forums which shows how much we consider IPC our enemy)
Personally I consider F-Crew to be the best friends I have in PA outside of IPC, entwined inbetween hehe F-Crew have a fantastic community and I have not and would not ever consider F-Crew as an enemy (as I've gone at great length as peacemaker in the above situation to try and prove)

IPC, of course, wishes F-Crew luck in the coming round
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:52   #25
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Hehe.. I think the issues was more on a personal level between a few members and not really a big deal. We invited Eddie over for community access at our place last night too, you are more than welcome to follow for tea and cookies (hehe).

I think both IPC and FC can be summed up by these words;

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he who shed his blood with me shall be my brother" - William Shakespeare

hf & gl to all the comming round.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:55   #26
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
Uhmm, omg Dread, I dont know what to say

Even we had our clashes in the past you to are as well more than welcome to our community these days... hehe
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 15:58   #27
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Timmy
Well the existance of IPC means you always have a target that wont hit you back very hard
You can always voulenteer as target

Tags doesnt limit us to who we hit either.
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:13   #28
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Oh and also you seem to think being a top alliance today is an achivement. Any half baked alliance can get to the top today by piggybacking on the powerful ones via the powerblocks, hey it has happened every round since the powerblocks became popular with one or more alliances going from being nothing to a top player just becuase of their links. As soon as this link is lost they dissapear into the void again.
For example?
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:31   #29
Xearz

Xearz is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Well the only real attempt we ever made at changing the course of a round I can think of is back in round 3 when we tried to attack Synthetic Sid's galaxy, can't say that turned out to well though (although I still say it's all the fault of the evhul spyor Zhil!)

Why does the airforce need new expensive bombers? Have the people we've been bombing all these years been complaining about the old ones?

#ipc-alliance
www.ipc-alliance.com
Xearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:31   #30
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KeyStroke
You can always voulenteer as target

Tags doesnt limit us to who we hit either.
You actually attacked Prestel (Little Timmy) once already, in R6 when you had half the cluster launch on us remember

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:37   #31
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Fifth_teletubbie
You actually attacked Prestel (Little Timmy) once already, in R6 when you had half the cluster launch on us remember
You want me to remember that long back? You are crazy, I have a hard time remember if I put on clean underwear or not ;-)

We had half a cluster launch on someone? /me scratches his head.... sorry I dont recall.... honest... but nm
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:40   #32
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Xearz
Well the only real attempt we ever made at changing the course of a round I can think of is back in round 3 when we tried to attack Synthetic Sid's galaxy, can't say that turned out to well though (although I still say it's all the fault of the evhul spyor Zhil!)
I remember that... lol, I think it was one of the first and last times we did actually agree on hit someone with other alliances. It was nice to the hc's of various alliances sacrified a lot of their peons and didnt really take part themselves, and then eventually gave recall orders but didnt really tell anyone. I have to say that was one of the most ACE (heavy sarcasme) attacks ever
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:48   #33
Smokeh
Kitty handler

Quote:
We put a seriously inactive player in a Lego gal in Round 6, don't know how that turned out though :eek:

Lo Maddie

Quote:
I remember that... lol, I think it was one of the first and last times we did actually agree on hit someone with other alliances. It was nice to the hc's of various alliances sacrified a lot of their peons and didnt really take part themselves, and then eventually gave recall orders but didnt really tell anyone. I have to say that was one of the most ACE (heavy sarcasme) attacks ever
ReVolt anyone?

ReVolt: Wanna join a leet attack on all the top playing noob!?!?!
IPC: ...No, not particularly.

IPC didnt join in the ReVolt thing...

Unread 10 Mar 2003, 16:52   #34
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokeh
ReVolt anyone?
"Wanna join a leet attack on all the top playing noob!?!?!"
"...No, not particularly."

Hehe. at least we didnt take part on that venture... I know a few members did though, poor sods
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 10 Mar 2003, 21:47   #35
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Starbucks
I Still think many alliances shouldnt of disbanded

but i am whats known as the "akillies heel" (sp?) of planetarion alliances

unluckilly enough for them
'achilles' hehe
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 13:14   #36
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You want me to remember that long back? You are crazy, I have a hard time remember if I put on clean underwear or not ;-)

We had half a cluster launch on someone? /me scratches his head.... sorry I dont recall.... honest... but nm
It wasnt an IPC attack as I recall, but an attack by the 'rival' C-alliance on our gal.

And have you tried getting around the clean underwear problem by not wearing any at all? It is rumored to be most stimulating. And cheap too.
Ask any Scot.

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:17   #37
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie
Ah, yes, good ol' TFD XETA? Winning? Didn't FoS kick their asses?

Were you still with us in R6? I tend to remember us having a XETA tag and taking a good smashing because of it even though most of us were in neutral alliances :/
had a Silver player in round 6
poor sod
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:20   #38
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by Eddie

i seem to remember that

as for the f-crew ipc thing. a few rounds ago i moved from f-crew to ipc for no real reason, just wanted a change of scene, more people in my gal were ipc etc. but #f-crew is still one of my favorite channels, and you find a lot of f-crew peons in #ipc-alliance. there's no malcontent feelings between the two alliances, and they go on today as two of the only alliances unafraid to have fun

for me domination in pa is about all of the members, rather than the top few gals. in ipc, i've almost always recieved defence, and the attacks i've gone on have usually been successful. for those who think that for an alliance to do well they have to be at the top of the universe, i pity you getting up at 4am :P
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:22   #39
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold
Re: Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right"

Quote:
Originally posted by Smokeh
I am fully aware of the position of IPC in the grand order of things. To think I have dillusions of grandeur is an opinion that you will never be able to pass, you don't know me and you shouldn't claim to know what I think. And insulting me publicly or privately on forums isn't nice, thankyou
your GC is da man though, and your galaxy rocks
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 18:28   #40
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

Re: Re: Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right&

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
i have to agree with that
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 21:40   #41
Telhilion
NOT scottish

Telhilion is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Re: Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Right&

Quote:
Originally posted by Neferti
scabby FC speedgame backstabbing Jessies :P

sh33p will get ya in the next round.
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 22:15   #42
WST
A Big Pile of Awesome

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: After 9 Rounds , are the utterly ineffective IPC still trying to "Get it Ri

Quote:
Originally posted by Telhilion
scabby FC speedgame backstabbing Jessies :P

sh33p will get ya in the next round.
we'll see about that
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 22:18   #43
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Xearz
Phwoar!

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Mar 2003, 23:03   #44
Valon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Phwoar!

Shoo!! back into your cage you evul bagder spy you!

-Valon
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 00:06   #45
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Phwoar!

Wasnt so much of a "Phwoar"... people (me included) was more pissed about the betrayl than actual damage done. As the attack was like carried out fubar anyhow
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 00:49   #46
AlbinoSquirrel
power of evil

AlbinoSquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Zhil is teh win :\

IPC was a high level alliance in R1, but as R2 wore on, there was um...a rapid downgrade.

I think Sid once said "the inclusion of IPC into any major attack plan automatically dooms it to failure" or something along those lines...hehehe...still, it's nice to know one of the grand old ladies of PA is still huffing and puffing along

&Omega;
AlbinoSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 01:00   #47
KeyStroke
Certified Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by AlbinoSquirrel
Zhil is teh win :\

IPC was a high level alliance in R1, but as R2 wore on, there was um...a rapid downgrade.

I think Sid once said "the inclusion of IPC into any major attack plan automatically dooms it to failure" or something along those lines...hehehe...still, it's nice to know one of the grand old ladies of PA is still huffing and puffing along

Uhm, that attack back then, we got asked to take part with other alliances on quite short notice. We did, and well no secret it all went fubar, but that was not just because of us. I think the majority of ships that died that night was ours. Many did recall and dont give recall orders, there was HC's of alliances that sent their members but didnt take part themselves etc... So fubar, maybe why we say NO when people ask about such joint ventures hehe....

One thing about IPC in round 1 and 2.. Planetarion was much different back then. Most alliances seemed to be proud of their alliance and its achievements. Today most crawl the back of each other pursuing safety. IPC is proud of have remained true to its ideals and values. Maybe that doesnt count for much in peoples eyes, but we value what and who we are.

Also, to destroy a myth about being in IPC is dull and we never fight... we usally end up fight back against the wall tooth and nail with anything and anyone. At least we fight as an alliance, on our own, and being proud of what we are. So if it doesnt give us all much glory, score, or roids, but if you keep look at the last rounds results IPC havent been exactly bottom feeders either. And most of our members isnt in pre-made galaxies that consist of several alliances or whatnot. We carry out attacks each night as most other alliances, we defend our members. And every bit of success and achievements we have, we can credit ourselves, IPC for. Not all the alliances we are naped with, allied with, and crawling the back of. As we got none.

Being IPC 3 years running and proud of it ;-)
<Zhil> hmm
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 01:49   #48
Loekie
Amnesiac

Loekie is an unknown quantity at this point
I remember coming in IPC way back in R3-R4 something ... I was in a crappy gal, and those guys defended me in every possible way. Never let me down. ... That gave at least some joy in that round. And I wanna do the same to others in the same situation.

So I thinks it's more about giving friends/alliance mates/newer players a fair chance. Giving eachother a good time while playing. Giving peeps that wouldn't get in the major alliances a place where they actually did get a chance of surviving.

It's not about getting the number 1 spot, but I can garantee U all that we wanna do well, and we go for it. It may B Interplanetary Peace Corps, but we ain't that peacefull ... at least I aint

Loekie
Loekie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:28   #49
DeadLink

DeadLink is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadnought!
it's so true that it almost hurts

as a matter of fact IPC is the only alliance i've ever been in where ppl actually said 'thank you' to ppl that risked their ships every night to def them

IPC is the way it is and i hope it never changes, 'cos it's just the perfect place for me to be

... and what the hell happened to my old nick?
DeadLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Mar 2003, 02:45   #50
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
What has always struck me as being a unique quality is that up until this point, IPC was rarely, if ever, spoken of on AD. There was hardly an effort to change that, at least among IPC representatives. That may not have helped them politically, but it surely didn't harm them either.

Where I saw IPC reps most active (particularly KeyStroke) was on AR. There their presence was made to those who frequented or merely made a brief visit - the results were usually positive. IPC individuals made efforts to help both players and fledgling alliances take their next steps into the larger realm of Planetarion's political arena.

Whereas an alliance such as VanX played a significant role in individual player-development, many using it as a "stepping-stone" into a different alliance, IPC's membership remained intact for all that it was worth; in Legion's case, I don't know of anyone who previously been in IPC.

I measure the "success" of an alliance based on more factors beyond 'ranking' - we all should. In some respects, I would consider IPC to be more successful than the likes of FAnG, Wolfpack, NoS, ReBorn, or even BlueTuba.