User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 12:15   #1
waassaa
unknown to all

waassaa is an unknown quantity at this point
More Roids Here

I know this is mentioned in other threads, but I want to draw attention to the saddest part in beta stage.
With the crappy scanning and amp situation, roids are hard to find.
More roids = more fun, pls inprove the situation before round 9 start, make roids easier to find, cheaper to initiate and give less score, that way they will change hands more often.

Big guys get lots, small guys can make them, lose them and make some more (as long as they save thier fleet they will be ok)

I see no reason why there shouldn't be alot more roids in the game, it has to be more fun for all.

waassaa

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
waassaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 12:26   #2
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
nice idea would help ppl rebuild quicker if bashed or roided intothe ground

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 12:31   #3
PeacEz

Id have to agree,makes the game better.
More roids =More Ships =More Attacks
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 12:53   #4
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all
= quicker stagnation?
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 14:07   #5
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future
well if 1 side is winning and its easier for the other side to grow back up then stagnation will take longer.
btw the game does not always revolve around the bigger alliances or their wars, the whole community should be considered when making changes

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 14:45   #6
ComradeRob
wasted

ComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriendComradeRob needs a job and a girlfriend
Making roids give more score per roid would be a better way of encouraging attacks.
“They were totally confused,” said the birdman, whose flying suit gives him a passing resemblance to Buzz Lightyear in Toy Story. “The authorities said that I was an unregistered aircraft and to fly, you need a licence. I told them, ‘No. To fly, you need wings’.”
ComradeRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 15:07   #7
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by ComradeRob
Making roids give more score per roid would be a better way of encouraging attacks.
Maybe in the last couple of weeks of the round; but for the rest of the time, roids generate far more score through income than score per roid.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:23   #8
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I don't think so, really. Most people don't attack to get roids so their score will rise, since they lose ships in attacking anyway, meaning usually they lose score. People attack for roids for the extra resources it provides you for however long you manage to keep them.

I agree that scanning should be more successful, so more roids appear as early as possible.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 16:35   #9
jornx

jornx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I don't think so, really. Most people don't attack to get roids so their score will rise, since they lose ships in attacking anyway, meaning usually they lose score. People attack for roids for the extra resources it provides you for however long you manage to keep them.

I agree that scanning should be more successful, so more roids appear as early as possible.
If roid give more score, like 3k a roid as it was in r7 if I recall correctly, then the attacks will go on longer till the end of the round.
Now wise ppl stop attacking 1 week before the end of the round because you will lose more score then the roids will ever give u back (there are exceptions ofcourse).
r3 jornx of Vegeta III (83:14:19)
r4 Kah'less of Klingon Home World (47:7:1) [Ely]
r5 Talak'Talan of Jem'Hadar (30:4:1) [RYB] [Ely]
r6 Odo of the Founders (33:17:2) [RYB] [VtS]
r7 Steve Orenstein of Wicked Pictures (20:20:1) [RYB] [VtS]
r8 The unbearable lightness of being (31:3:3) [RYB] [Titans]
r9 The beauty of silence (40:5:1) [RYB]
r9.5 ruler_27_3_9 of planet_27_3_9 (27:9:3) [RYB]

[RYB] forever
jornx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:01   #10
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
roids giving more score means it's easier to roid small fat targets.

ie roids giving less score is good for the newbies and the people that have been bashed and need to rebuild.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 17:22   #11
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
roids giving more score means it's easier to roid small fat targets.

ie roids giving less score is good for the newbies and the people that have been bashed and need to rebuild.
People who are roidfat deserve to be roided. Needing to rebuild after being bashed is an entirely different problem: bashing should be made impossible (I for one like the thing where there will be an automatic flee when offline and attacked by one or more bigger players). I also like the fact in StS that fleet catching is impossible.

Newbies should not be roidfat. If they are not roidfat, then it will be even less attractive to roid them, because they will have a lot more ships then someone who is similar in size, but more roidfat.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 18:19   #12
DarthDaddy

More roids is more fun, not that i mean we should go back to round 3 with kevin´s insane ammount,but a place between then and "now". Any tweak that could make the game more fun for the new players,should be welcome, but keeping things harder to get you will make new players go away again,and keep old bitter ladies like scouse happy.

And high points on roids is not needed,keep it on a moderate level.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 19:36   #13
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by DarthDaddy
but keeping things harder to get you will make new players go away again,and keep old bitter ladies like scouse happy.
Go you. I said I think we should have more roids earlier in the game. No wonder you and Rumad get on so well, you're almost the exact same person.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 22 Feb 2003, 20:15   #14
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Poofing amps = crap

Roidscan formula = needs to be "fixed"

Make amps back to 'normal', make the roidscan formula less "random" (and add a better % chance of success), and drop the cost of initiation again (the r2 style rocks, but should be cheaper still).

More roids = more fun

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 21:00   #15
waassaa
unknown to all

Quote:
Originally posted by Cochese
Poofing amps = crap

Make amps back to 'normal', make the roidscan formula less "random" (and add a better % chance of success), and drop the cost of initiation again (the r2 style rocks, but should be cheaper still).

More roids = more fun
omfg, we agree !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not in any alliance, but to be found in the #LCH channel amongst others. Just wanted that cleared up.
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 21:26   #16
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Poofing amps = crap

More roids = more fun
i dont know what the r2 style is.... but sounds good
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 22:09   #17
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by isildurx
i dont know what the r2 style is.... but sounds good

It's the style we currently use, where all three roid types have seperate initiation costs, as compared to it being based on total initiated roids, as it was r3-r7.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2003, 22:33   #18
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
Quote:
Poofing amps = crap

More roids = more fun
indeed
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 01:39   #19
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Poofing amps = crap

I'm not so sure. Amps blowing up was intended to curb farming - probably made no difference...
OTOH it increased the value of raw rocks significantly, which, coupled with pods not going poof makes uninitiated roids almost worthless as a defensive strategy - a good thing in my book.
I will give you that raw roids might be a little too expensive as it is, but that can be adjusted.
Personally I would like to see;
the price of amps halved,
the 1k Metal base cost to initiate dropped,
maybe even score for raw rocks? (not full score obviously).
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 02:13   #20
SpazMonster
No, really...

SpazMonster is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
This will just compound the already nasty exponential growth problem.
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 12:10   #21
Gerbie
pe0n

Gerbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpazMonster
This will just compound the already nasty exponential growth problem.
Nah, if a lot of this growth is found in roids, then it might seem like they are growing faster in score, but it will not be more difficult to attack and roid the larger planets. So it will not matter for that problem.
Though it might make it more difficult for them to find suitable targets (due to their score difference, 20% rule). Making it harder for those planets to continue their exponential growth.
round 7 noob: rank 6.198 25:20:25 - VoC member
round 8 noob: rank 4.112 7:2:3 - TFD member
round 9 rank 941 23:1:9 - TFD HC
round 9.5 rank 860 22:7:3 - TFD HC
round 10: rank unknown (was #1 for a while) 5:2:5 - Vengeance pe0n
round 10.5: rank 683 19:10:2 - VGN member
round 11: rank 138 8:8:4 - VsN member
round 12: rank 515 - VGN 'special attack officer' -> jumped ship to Rock
round 13: rank 85: NoS
Gerbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2003, 12:50   #22
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
I think roids were easy to get hold off Cathaar rox!
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 17:16   #23
SpaceLegend
(-: :-)

SpaceLegend is on a distinguished road
well, i gave up suggesting anything but it came over me to do it once more:

roid scans should be a tech you should have when you start the planet, should have 100% success rate and no amps should be needed. the only way to have it fair for all and a lot of roids after protection ends, the difference for everyone would only be how to initiate them
R2 35:16 | R3 16:15 | R4 234:11 | R5 32:5 | R6 14:4 | R7 20:11 | R8 18:6
R9 27:10 | R9.5 11:4 | R10 10:1 | R10.5 1:6 | R11 6:5 | R12 28:3 | R13 3:9
R14 13:5 | R15 5:6 | R16 20:3 | R17 8:4 | R18 13:7 | R19 10:8 | R20 3:4
R21 15:4 | R22 4:4 | R23 7:5 | R24 12:8 | R25 11:5 | R26 11:9 | R27 1:9
R28 9:2 | R29 5:5 | R30 3:7 | R31 10:7 | R32 6:2 | R33 3:6 | R34 2:1 | R35 6:2
R36 9:2 | R37 5:6 | R38 12:1 | R39 14:8 | R40 10:6 | R41+ retired
SpaceLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 18:48   #24
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by SpaceLegend
roid scans should be a tech you should have when you start the planet, should have 100% success rate and no amps should be needed.
Would that not be a bit boring? What other techs should you have from the start?
The amps going poof was introduced in an attempt to reduce farming.
Quote:
... the only way to have it fair for all and a lot of roids after protection ends, the difference for everyone would only be how to initiate them
Could someone explain how the current situation is "not fair for all"? Or am I missing the point?

There is another obvious way to get more roids in the universe - extend protection.
Unfortunately that suffers from the same flaw (boring).
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 19:30   #25
waassaa
unknown to all

atm it is ofc fair for all, the only factor is luck, which imo is ok.
would just be nice if there were more roids around

as for tech ready and 100%. no thx, if ppl fall behind cause they mess r and c up or don't catch the ticks, thats thier problem.

Unread 24 Feb 2003, 20:19   #26
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse

you should let others think for you
Knight Theamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Feb 2003, 23:16   #27
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Knight Theamion
you should let others think for you
What?