User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 17 Aug 2004, 10:24   #1
Poppa

Poppa is an unknown quantity at this point
Killing Singularity (Round 4 stuff)

While cleaning up on my old computer, I found some funny stuff from my PA time. The following is a document I made in mid round 4 to end Singularity (the winner of round 3) and his galaxy.

Killing Singu ffs!

First off some facts:
· Having scanned his gal for some time I have noticed that they are very vulnerable around 4-5 in the morning on weekdays (no one on at times).
· I spoke with a guy from the other (smaller) p1 alliance (not [ONE]), and he ensured me that he would get them to join in a strike against Singu.
· There a 2 groups of defenders: Fury/wp + friends and [ONE]. How do we get rid of the defenders?

Here is what we are going to do:

Pacifying [ONE]:
We launch a "fake" at a fury galaxy in [ONE] (not Singus) making sure that Khar is there to organise defense. He will then organise too much defense, and thereby use all the available defense (maybe even including guys from Singus gal), we will keep updated and send enough ships to get all the defense. After this is done, Khar and the boys go "offline" so they cant be blamed for not defending later on. This launch will be around 23.00. This attack could be done by Dominion, Nos, Ely or maybe TSU (who is 100% legion).

Pacifying Fury/WP+ friends:
Then to take care of Fury/WP/Friends. We launch another "fake" one at 104:6, which will be drawing all the Fury/Wp + friends there (maybe even from Singus gal). Information about this attack can be leaked out (optional) to ensure that it will get a h0ge defense. The attack must be big enough to draw a lot of shit out. This attack will be around 01.00. Maybe Xanadu should do this one. The trick is to make them believe that this is the real strike!

The Strike:
Now we are ready for the real launch. We will be launching at the entire gal at 05.00. Important is to cover all the planets with a lot of corvette class ships supplied with wfs. Here is the twist: Dominion, Nos or Ely (doesn’t matter which alliance, as long as it isnt known players, like HC or top 100 players etc) launches defense at the planets. Believe me no one knows which defense is real and which is fake until its too late (people will be too busy with getting defense and only happy with the defense that is there). Attacking with ETA 6 will be p1a, depending on how co-ordinated we can get them. WE DON’T WANT THEM IF THEY ARE NOT 100 % trusted. The tick before we land the defense is to be pulled, and on planets with almost 0 defense some of the attacking fleets should be pulled so the roiding feast is ensured. Legion could do this launch.

At 05.00 latest the wave on the [ONE] should be pulled and around 07.00 the wave on 104:6 should be pulled unless ofcourse some of them can go through.
One or two of the alliances: Nos, Ely, Dominion will serve as def against counters (though I doubt there will be one as they will be very busy deffing all night). Also if we have attack fleets consisting of wfs/corvette we can have the spider/ints as defense fleets incase they are countering.

After this we should get a new wave of attacks at his entire galaxy going every 4 hours. This will kill them!

The most important thing is that only a handful knows what the real plans are, so that every wave appears to be a genuine attack on Fury. Don’t tell anyone about this, not even your closest friends!

Summary:
23.00 First fake wave at a Fury [ONE] gal
01.00 Second fake wave at 104:6 or a gal like that one
05.00 The real wave at 253:1
05.00 First fake pulls if defense is present
05.30 Fake defense at every planet in 253:1 (Not known planets no top 100 etc)
07.00 Second fake wave pulls if defense is present
09.00 Second real wave at 253:1
13.00 Third wave

BCs present at all times on this one!

/Poppa

There was some great moments back then hehe

Cheers
Poppa
Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:33   #2
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road
Re: Killing Singularity (Round 4 stuff)

Did it work?
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 11:41   #3
Poppa

Yes, his galaxy was the nr 1 [FURY] galaxy at that time, and after that there wasnt much left. Although they fought very well, there wasnt really much they could do in the end. Singu's galaxy was at that time the best working galaxy in the game, so it was a turning point in r4

/Poppa
Poppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 12:14   #4
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

They were shot down as bunny's!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 12:29   #5
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

bring those days back!

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 12:30   #6
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

I rememebr that

Lo poppa

Long time no see

How are you buddy?
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 13:07   #7
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

[One] Attacker's Graveyard, innit.

Ah, the good old times
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 14:16   #8
suss

suss is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets do the same to 1up then
suss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 16:59   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

hi Poppa, you old danish dude

Hows the marrige going?
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 22:33   #10
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

Some people could learn from this, barely any of the new alliances know how to run a proper attack.
Unread 17 Aug 2004, 23:41   #11
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Go ! Go ! Fury defence ! (Don't think you guys ran into any War Frigates, we were having to defend with our attack fleets) I seem to remember you only actually got through on two waves of something like twelve ? It was still one of the most impressive battles ever in Planetarion, you guys were pretty impressive at wave attacks back then
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 01:48   #12
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Fury/WP/Tuba didnt have much success on waving 20:9 the same round Hicks
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 07:09   #13
Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumad
I rememebr that

Lo poppa

Long time no see

How are you buddy?
Hi Rumad

Im doing very well. Mostly rl stuff now

Might be bhecking out WoW though.

Are you still playing PA?

/Poppa
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 07:14   #14
Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.K Zhukov
hi Poppa, you old danish dude

Hows the marrige going?

Haha Hi Zhukov!

The marriage is going very well! It actually brought me a daughter last year

http://www.stepone.dk/hattrick-logoer/1199.jpg

Are you still playing PA? Which alliances pwn now?

/Poppa
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 08:32   #15
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa
Hi Rumad

Im doing very well. Mostly rl stuff now

Might be bhecking out WoW though.

Are you still playing PA?

/Poppa
I still have an account (though not serious playing anymore)

I am glad your ok, yep real life has a tendency to do that doesn't it?

Btw yur daugter is cute - i am expecting my first one in december (if the docs are right it will be a boy)
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 18 Aug 2004 at 14:56.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 14:18   #16
Lord_Thunderball
Playing Speedrounds

Lord_Thunderball is on a distinguished road

I love to plot those kinda attacks. To bad there ain't any speedrounds left where I could plot evol attacks..

R4 was my first round, so I never experienced this stuff like most of you oldies do.... This should be done more often
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 15:07   #17
Gunn3r

Gunn3r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks
Go ! Go ! Fury defence ! (Don't think you guys ran into any War Frigates, we were having to defend with our attack fleets) I seem to remember you only actually got through on two waves of something like twelve ? It was still one of the most impressive battles ever in Planetarion, you guys were pretty impressive at wave attacks back then
Of course, with all the salvage and the defensive round r4 was.. !
Gunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 2004, 19:29   #18
Game'

Game' is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Actually Fury sent next to no defence to them, with the majority of roids saved in galaxy by the farms attacking the big planets in galaxy, due to the way the capping formula was made up the farm got 90 per cent of the roids back in galaxy, was quite amusing actually, all they had to do was defend the farms
Game' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 07:04   #19
Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
Actually Fury sent next to no defence to them, with the majority of roids saved in galaxy by the farms attacking the big planets in galaxy, due to the way the capping formula was made up the farm got 90 per cent of the roids back in galaxy, was quite amusing actually, all they had to do was defend the farms
Well they got alot of defense...from somewhere

They lost alot of roids and score, as they went from the nr 1 FURY galaxy and all they way out of top 100. If we hadnt done this attack he would have ended top 5, maybe even nr 1.

I had tons of roids, but the juiciest ones came from 253:1

/Poppa
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 08:22   #20
Game'

Quote:
Well they got alot of defense...from somewhere

They lost alot of roids and score, as they went from the nr 1 FURY galaxy and all they way out of top 100. If we hadnt done this attack he would have ended top 5, maybe even nr 1.

I had tons of roids, but the juiciest ones came from 253:1

/Poppa
The first few waves maybe, but then Wolfpack refused to defend them anymore which led to the in-gal farms saving the roids.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 12:10   #21
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Fury/WP/Tuba didnt have much success on waving 20:9 the same round Hicks
As I recall we got through quite early in the round and the only reason Poppa's galaxy didn't go down was the lame capping/salvage rules which Spanner later changed mid round when you guys started to batter us. I can remember the night we did that attack #fury-9 was the clearing channel.

Game the was certainly a **** load of Fury defence there on quite a few of the waves. I certainly remember having ships there as did a lot of my galaxy.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 14:26   #22
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
Haha Hi Zhukov!

The marriage is going very well! It actually brought me a daughter last year

http://www.stepone.dk/hattrick-logoer/1199.jpg

Are you still playing PA? Which alliances pwn now?

/Poppa
Have you learned her to scream "Legio Victor" and use a battlecalc yet?

Im not playing anymore, I tried out a clone but stopped playing that too.
1up (aka Fury III), LCH, Vision and MISTU are the main players, with HR and ND coming next.
www.pilkara.com

Last edited by G.K Zhukov; 19 Aug 2004 at 18:06.
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 17:31   #23
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

i vaguely remember that hit on 253:1. my galaxy joined [ONE] shortly after it i think, right before [ONE] booted all the Fury galaxies...
Unread 19 Aug 2004, 18:10   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

Quote:
As I recall we got through quite early in the round and the only reason Poppa's galaxy didn't go down was the lame capping/salvage rules which Spanner later changed mid round when you guys started to batter us. I can remember the night we did that attack #fury-9 was the clearing channel.

Game the was certainly a **** load of Fury defence there on quite a few of the waves. I certainly remember having ships there as did a lot of my galaxy.
As I remember, beeing in that galaxy, we got 3 waves after Quinn stole the BT-memberlist and 8 waves or so later in the round. During the 8 waver in the middle of the round, we lost 300-500 roids, couse we got loads of defence.
Earlier in the round I seem to remember we were more in the open, ie some attacks got partly trough. Maybe Poppa can fill me in here.
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 07:32   #25
Poppa

Quote:
As I remember, beeing in that galaxy, we got 3 waves after Quinn stole the BT-memberlist and 8 waves or so later in the round. During the 8 waver in the middle of the round, we lost 300-500 roids, couse we got loads of defence.
Earlier in the round I seem to remember we were more in the open, ie some attacks got partly trough. Maybe Poppa can fill me in here.
Due to excellent spying on my gal we got discovered very soon, and we had heavy incoming almost every other day the first 3-4 weeks. I think most attacks were easilly defended, but 1 or 2 were heavy, and at that time after discussing it with Legion HC we decided not to draw out too much Legion/Xanadu/Ely/Nos defense this early on. So we lost a few roids on the smaller planets. Most in my galaxy never lost a single roid though

I remember one attack FURY did on us in the beginning, which almost was a disaster for us. After 3-5 attacks, FURY made a larger attack, but this time there were no pods, only WFs to kill our spider defense. I found this out too late, so we lost alot of spiders. But as Hicks pointed out, we got alot of salvage due to the rules at that time. Had it not been for the salvage rules it would have been a tremendous blow to our defense fleet. :eek:

I remember sitting 3 hours straight calculating losses vs salvage, and decided in the end that the defense should stay.

/Poppa
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 10:52   #26
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

heh those days rocked
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 15:41   #27
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

As far as I remember it, the Legion members in our gal never lost a roid, atleast not me
(Legion members, Poppa, Quinn, Lantador, Jalhria, Zhukov ?)

About spies.. Funny when you killed Bellopheron. Not so funny was the prescense of the biggest lamer in this community, "Malos".
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 17:08   #28
randal
boring

randal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to allrandal is a name known to all

sadly i don't have much of those battles saved..
but at least a few news show how the cross-attacking of attacked planets ingalaxy worked in that round, really was quite a joke.. sending a bunch of pods and getting crazy capping

the galnews sure aren't of suuch a big attack, this one was mainly defended i guess.. my attack on :22 at least..

http://www.randal.de/pa/253-galnews.html
http://www.randal.de/pa/253-1-1-news.html
http://www.randal.de/pa/253-1-1-news2.html

and i dunno when or how Poppa and his galmates were attacked there.. a few lost i guess, not many tho..

http://www.randal.de/pa/poppagalnews1.html
http://www.randal.de/pa/poppagalnews2.html
http://www.randal.de/pa/poppainc.html
randal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 19:19   #29
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Really Poppa, 253:1 were #1 at a point in time with Pepsi as #2. Then they launched an attack on us and in return we set up an 8 waver with 6h intervals on them and they lost their #1 spot with us taking it instead. Indeed we lost #1 shortly thereafter due to the rest of the top 10 farming but singus gal never regained #1

Indeed Legion did play a large part in this 8 waver, handling Singu himself in 6 or 7 of the waves, but either you're trying to claim the fame for something you didn't do or you're trying to claim to have been a forerunner of something when you were just a copycat.

Last edited by Chax; 20 Aug 2004 at 19:28.
Chax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Aug 2004, 19:25   #30
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal
sadly i don't have much of those battles saved..
but at least a few news show how the cross-attacking of attacked planets ingalaxy worked in that round, really was quite a joke.. sending a bunch of pods and getting crazy capping...

http://www.randal.de/pa/253-galnews.html
Wheee, I'm in those newses

253:1:10 chris- 13000/11136
- The Dolls (285:19:1) 7 13000 <-me
- That thing (309:1:10) 7 11136

I dare say that we got very few roids due to the piggyback rules. After realising that the round got rather dull.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 21:05   #31
Poppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
Really Poppa, 253:1 were #1 at a point in time with Pepsi as #2. Then they launched an attack on us and in return we set up an 8 waver with 6h intervals on them and they lost their #1 spot with us taking it instead. Indeed we lost #1 shortly thereafter due to the rest of the top 10 farming but singus gal never regained #1

Indeed Legion did play a large part in this 8 waver, handling Singu himself in 6 or 7 of the waves, but either you're trying to claim the fame for something you didn't do or you're trying to claim to have been a forerunner of something when you were just a copycat.
Copycat, heh...

Here is how it is:
In round 3 one planet came from outside the top 100 and speeded past everyone else to end with more than twice the score of nr2. That planet was Singu's. Seeing as round 3 endend with Fury backstabbing Legion, I knew that I had to stop Singu from doing the same in r4.

So pretty early in the round I started watching his gal closely. They were doing excellent with 5-6 farming planets and the rest growing big. There were also very active both with being online, but also in the para-alliance [ONE]. It was rather obvious that having strong para-alliances was a must. [ONE] was very strong.

So I found out exactly who was in charge of [ONE], and after some time, I found out that 3 of them could be persuaded to backstabbing 253:1. Khar was my main contact in [ONE]. And we talked about how we could perform an attack on 253:1 without having [ONE] defend them. And he told me that there was no way he could persuade [ONE] to not help defend. So the plan was to direct the defense elsewhere, and thoroughly overdoing it. That way we had [ONE] out of the picture.

The fake defense idea came a little before that: In the start of the round we had tons of incoming (also in waves), and after a 10 hour defense, Quinn (my MoW) and I had talked about how we actually had no idea who most of the defending planets were (cause there were so many) and how nasty it would be if some of the defense pulled right before the battle. So I thought, well lets try and be that nasty

The fake launch at the WP HC gal is a standard strategy to pull out much defense. And the waves were also something that had been done before. That I dont take credit for...

I showed this to ViPi (and some other BC from Xan whos name I cant remember), explaining to him that I wanted to do a 4h waver on Singu's gal, with as many waves as it took.

The hit on Pepsi started this, or something very similar to that. Its true that Xanadu was running the show, and I was directing the Legion side along with another BC from Legion.

As I've said many times before, Xanadu was very impressive in r4. They were probably the best working alliance in r4, but they had an extremely strong, albeit rusty, Legion machine with them...

But that note above (one of many), was something I made early-mid round 4 and something I showed some of the BCs from our alliances, which they (apparently) found very interesting. The attack on 253:1 was planned to take place much ealier than the attack on Pepsi!

There's much more to tell, but I dont have the time now.

/Poppa
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 21:12   #32
Poppa

Quote:
Wheee, I'm in those newses

253:1:10 chris- 13000/11136
- The Dolls (285:19:1) 7 13000 <-me
- That thing (309:1:10) 7 11136

I dare say that we got very few roids due to the piggyback rules. After realising that the round got rather dull.
Just one more thing before I go...

I also claim to have invented [PIGPACK], which I had most of the Legion gals put on as tag, due to the massive piggybacking there was from some of the WP/Fury gals we had attacked at that time. People apparently found it a funny joke, so at one time you could see many of the top 100 gals with this tag for quite some time.

Copycat is something Im not! I have my heroes of PA, and I know many people that consider me a hero, mostly because of the things I did in r4.

/Poppa
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 22:02   #33
Game'

Yes but Singu, the person who had nothing to do with running Fury was certainly the "key" to winnning the round wasn't it. How the hell did Legion do anything with you running anything? The key to any battle in the early rounds was to take out the support galaxies/planets, ranked outside of top40, as these were usually the planets which defended the most.
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 23:31   #34
DrunkenViking
Retard0r

DrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud ofDrunkenViking has much to be proud of

all this nostalgia........
p10dn pwnd [one]
i miss the old days sending my fleet for suicide def to 68:10 knowing i'd loose whatever chance of holding a descent score.

* We do not exist *

* G-II * NoS * VsN * Ascendancy * Osiris * xVx * Ultores *

DrunkenViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 12:09   #35
GoLdEnEyE

GoLdEnEyE has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game'
Yes but Singu, the person who had nothing to do with running Fury was certainly the "key" to winnning the round wasn't it. How the hell did Legion do anything with you running anything? The key to any battle in the early rounds was to take out the support galaxies/planets, ranked outside of top40, as these were usually the planets which defended the most.

Gah your not still playing Game.............?

I'd of thought someone would of squished you underfoot ages ago

/me wonders where he'll put Games fleet today

'It is often better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt'
GoLdEnEyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 03:48   #36
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

sigh the turning point in Rd4 was indeed when the salvage rules got changed. early on Fury and comp were quite dictating how things were going, but due to the salvage, the defenders actually would get stronger after the raids. then they go and change the rules, and xan/legion etc got the upperhand. was 1 of the most lame changes to ever go thru PA, ranked right up where with the torpedo and thief changes of Rd2 :/

but fury survived it in the end and grew stronger because of it. really showed who the true players were and who were the freeloaders heh.
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
kyrealean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Sep 2004, 12:35   #37
Prince
Free!

Prince is an unknown quantity at this point

the fun of the old huge battles, those were the days
Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Sep 2004, 15:24   #38
Leinad
DrFlame

Leinad is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Some people could learn from this, barely any of the new alliances know how to run a proper attack.
thats because since r5 PA stats alliances dont need to create such complex plans.
With the a lot more aggressive and complex stats (compared to r4) its rarely needed to use such big plans, its most times better to keep things simple and have a better activity in attacks then working a whole day on an attack plan which has in the end MAYBE a bit better result.
We would need really defensive ship stats (strong emp ships for defence, weak attacking ships like the Phoenix and just a expensive warfrigate to kill stuff) to bring back those times.
This would for sure make wars a lot longer but well i am sure ppl would complain about the "simple" ship stats though i personally wouldnt mind em, they might be very simply but open also some options.
Not to forget that the gal size of r4 and parallels played also a major role in it.
Leinad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2004, 14:16   #39
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

It had nothing at all to do with any Legion plans.

I remember you rushing into IRC quite angry. You said something had to be done against 253:1 as they attacked you, I believe for the second time.. A channel was quickly set up on netgamers and some Xanadu's were invited along with some friends. There were only a few in the channel, but the attack was already going. (Your gal had already launched.) All waves were organized from this channel, launchtimes, targetpicking etc. I've hardly seen any Legion in there.

Xanadu and friends (note: not allies) were the main force there. We didn't attack any other galaxies during the waves, only some sporadic counters.
At first some friendlies in [ONE] were a bit upset that they weren't informed about the attack. Later on friendly forces were in charge of [ONE].

There.

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 11:08   #40
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

The fact that I placed a spy in Singularitys gal who fed me and thus us with constant gal news made the whole ordeal all that much easier. Thanks Kovenant
I was actually let directly into VtS wivout going thru lameass recruitment wing just cuz I had placed a spy in Singus gal.. Oh the days
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 12:14   #41
Scorpio
Inflate My Ego

Scorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to beholdScorpio is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesla
The fact that I placed a spy in Singularitys gal who fed me and thus us with constant gal news made the whole ordeal all that much easier. Thanks Kovenant
I was actually let directly into VtS wivout going thru lameass recruitment wing just cuz I had placed a spy in Singus gal.. Oh the days
A spy in Singu's gal was nothing special. Login details were all around

Who keeps an arrow in his bow,
And if you prod him, lets it go?

A fervent friend, a subtle foe –
— Scorpio
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 12:22   #42
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
A spy in Singu's gal was nothing special. Login details were all around
Didnt say it was special.. Was helpful that's all. And was special enuff to releave me of ever having to be under the command of that newb Kurashima
Unread 23 Sep 2004, 16:23   #43
Fernando
Lieutenant Colonel

Fernando is an unknown quantity at this point

/me wants a round of good old R4

Community for community - join #PA
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote