User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 23 Jan 2004, 01:54   #51
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Re: Reveal all formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_r
While the 'select group' is indeed a nice idea, the group would have to consist of people that the whole of PA could trust not to leak them to their respective alliances. Good luck finding anyone at all who fits that description, let alone enough to put together a reasonably sized beta test team.
I would be able to keep quiet about the formulas, but there are a couple of problems.

1. I would not want to play the game if I knew the formulas and noone else in my galaxy or alliance did. I like to share, teach and enlighten and if what I'm allowed to say once the real round starts is limited the game loses it's appeal. (betas so far I've shut up about until round starts, and then the stuff is public already)

2. I don't like the game with hidden stats. This is a game of numbers and community. Removre the numbers and half is gone. PAX sure didn't float my boat.

3. Would people trust me too keep quiet? I don't think the community would trust anyone, not even the Creators, crew, team, gang whatever theyr'e called nowadays. And that is one of the problems with hidden stats, can we trust anyone?
Unread 23 Jan 2004, 06:00   #52
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reveal all formulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
2. I don't like the game with hidden stats. This is a game of numbers and community. Removre the numbers and half is gone. PAX sure didn't float my boat.

Agreed 100%.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote