User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:44   #1
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
I foresee someone posting a ridicilous request in some minutes
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:51   #2
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
Spinner, Pa Team and all players. Bring back round 3

Round 3 Bringing Back the Old Pa:

I have played pa since round 2 officially, and all I here how the best round in pa was #3 being ships, alliances, what ever the consensus of the majority of pa players is that round 3 was the best round ever. So my question would be mainly to the Pa Team and Spinner himself.

I know as time go’s on and the money pit keeps growing as you try to improve a game to make it better why focus so much on change as much as giving people back what they love.

If you go to a Dinner place who serve your #1 meal and they take that away why would they come back to eat ? If you lost 1000’s of dollars for not serving it would you not bring it back before you go broke ? This is not a dig at the new game as much as over time how pa has lost it popularity and what can be done to regain it back.

I for one would buy credits now to play round 3 again. With the same stats, ships classes just as it was. How many of you would as well ?

For everyone who post please keep it serious thank you.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:54   #3
Master
Time Lord

Master is an unknown quantity at this point
I would, well put QD
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:54   #4
das_experiment

das_experiment is an unknown quantity at this point
Doubt i would.

Quite simply since r3 wouldnt be fun with only 3-4k players max,
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 22:54   #5
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Spinner, Pa Team and all players. Bring back round 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Queen DAX
Round 3 Bringing Back the Old Pa:

I have played pa since round 2 officially, and all I here how the best round in pa was #3 being ships, alliances, what ever the consensus of the majority of pa players is that round 3 was the best round ever. So my question would be mainly to the Pa Team and Spinner himself.

I know as time go’s on and the money pit keeps growing as you try to improve a game to make it better why focus so much on change as much as giving people back what they love.

If you go to a Dinner place who serve your #1 meal and they take that away why would they come back to eat ? If you lost 1000’s of dollars for not serving it would you not bring it back before you go broke ? This is not a dig at the new game as much as over time how pa has lost it popularity and what can be done to regain it back.

I for one would buy credits now to play round 3 again. With the same stats, ships classes just as it was. How many of you would as well ?

For everyone who post please keep it serious thank you.
Unfortunately PATeam on seperate occassions have let it be known that the code for r3 has been lost. No backup was made for it as all they did seemed to have been to write upon existing code.

So no round 3 ever. It wouldn't be the same anyway - it was the size of the game that made r3 what it was.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 23:40   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
soon mikay will be here to talk some sense
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 23:48   #7
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point
R3 was the most horrible experience ever unless you were furgion. Anyway if you want what made the earlier rounds magical you have it right now - naievete of the game mechanics.

I can't see why R3 ship stats were special anyway. It's the same as almost any round, certainly prior to 6, where there was 1 default best ship and no reason to make anything else.

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:01   #8
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by mikay
Nice bit of editing your post there SS you sneaky little bum.
I am not editing anything!

ps
check the first post of this thread
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:08   #9
mikay

Cool but I wish I knew how you did that

Last edited by mikay; 20 Sep 2003 at 00:35.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:18   #10
Guard
Elysium Battle Commando

Guard is an unknown quantity at this point
"I want r4 back"

"I want r5 back"

"I want r6 back"

"I want r7 back"

"I want r8 back"

"I want r9 back"

don´t you think topics like this are a waste of your time and just as pointless as trying to write a letter with a banana? And yes i am serious here

everyone probably has a favorite round and its kinda stupid to ask pa team to bring it back as it is never gonna happen (atleast... i hope not) If you so desperatly want to play the old pa find a clone some where. If you still want to play PaX and atleast try to like it (cuz i doubt u have given it a decent shot) then do it, if not don´t ur loss really (or not but depends on your view)

grtz [VsN]Wandows
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:42   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

a notorious whiner will arrive in about 6 minutes and rant along with the everything in the past was better crew
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:48   #12
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
r2 please

Beats all the other rounds hands down.

straight 10% roidcap
possibility to grow even if you lost roids
possible to hover fleets
visible alliance tags
incentive to defend strangers
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:55   #13
Intrepid00

Intrepid00 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want my huge armada of theives and pirates back damit. You know the one that would cost well over 3 million Fuel to launch in galaxy:/
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 01:42   #14
mikay

I love PAX, I think it's cool. Maybe some rough edges, yeah it would be nice with more diversity of ship types as before but this is Planetarion:Genesis - it's a new game if you like, and it has to keep some things simple and evolve.

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 01:56   #15
Queen DAX

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
I foresee someone posting a ridicilous request in some minutes

I for see somone abuseing there job

As for the rest...

This is not a whine post, but more so for the people who been here for many rounds who did nothing but complaine about each round on how they would change it. Now we are to round 10 and what do we have ?
Less then 2k players ? when all the freebie accounts go away ?
a game no one really likes, and if they do they arnt really speaking up about it. On a daily basis we have people quitting ( which ofc people get board) but even after beta and all the promis of better game advertising the game has not got back 1/2 the people it lost over the rounds.

The worst you can say about previouse rounds is allince blocking runin them, The best you can say is the ship races were fun but needed a lil tweak. So based on that theroy why not go back to best round of pa permote it, add in game allince tools to limit if nessacary. Downfal is if what zhil say is true then this theroy is a waste, but im sure if people can spend time creating something with this much coad and headachs round 3 would be a cake walk
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 02:10   #16
mikay

Quote:

a game no one really likes, and if they do they arnt really speaking up about it.
My post was only 2 lines and wasn't too complicated.

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 02:13   #17
Queen DAX

Quote:
My post was only 2 lines and wasn't too complicated.

you are one in how many ?
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 03:13   #18
mikay

Quote:
you are one in how many ?
50000 ppl in R3, 2000 ppl left. The people who are left playing are the ones who liked it and the ones who make the most noise. The 48000 who didn't like it left along the way.

PAX isn't about pleasing some hardcore fanatics who are willing to go without sleep for competitiveness. Lets face it PA wasn't a game, it was a vehicle to be competitive. Beyond a level skill came a poor second place to hours online. People who had little or no skill could be competitive merely by putting more effort in. Do you honestly expect that is going to have a widescale appeal?

PAX is about making a version of planetarion that a casual gamer can play. He can log in a couple of times a day and really he's unlikely to find his planet has disappeared. If the roids go it's relatively easy to recover and there are other ways to get fun.

To answer yor question several of my old galmates who had quit for good have rejoined and without exception we are enjoying it but apart from myself I don't think any of the others use forum (more casual players often don't) so no posts from them - yet.

Then again look at C20/21. Seems to be mostly new players and filling up quite fast. They are bviosly enjoying it.

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 09:58   #19
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
At the end of the day PA is a game that cannot survive without masses of noobs who login once or twice a day to produce more roids for the universe, only problem is the active players roid them to death and the cycle of life dies.

Food Chain:
Noobs > Mediocre > Hardcore

Kill all the noobs and the Mediocre quit when they get killed leaving only the hardcore left, Sound familiar?

And to be honest I dont think many new players would pay to play and older version of Pa, not nearly enough to compensate and make the game playable.

Also most people overlook a very important thing about all these PA spinoff type games, the memberbase has dramatically cut due to boredom with the mechanics, its not like people quit pa and went to another game when it went p2p, they quit this type of game.

So even if pa was free i doubt it would get over 50k players again, the main reason it got them before was because it was new and fresh, these days its been toppled by the new online games that use full 3D and are from mainstream games developers.

Conclusion:

This type of game's time is over and wont come back again, putting a new face on an old game doesnt make a new game, It'd have probably been more successful for them to build that football game, or scrap the PA idea and move onto the next step.

PA is still far too basic to compete with the other games on the market, with a bit of coperate funding and development it might be possible to make it more dynamic but I cant see that happening.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 11:05   #20
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I have to agree with others on this thread who have said there was nothing really special with r3, in fact the additions to the game coupled with Legion/Fury/RB starting the first block actually signalled the downturn of the game imho. The one saving grace was the rising player numbers.

If we were to try replaying any of the earlier rounds with the way alliances have advanced and with the the smaller playerbase which wouldnt grow due to the payment factor I think we would all be very dissapointed with the results.

Previous rounds we enjoyed are better left alone as opposed to soring our experiance by trying to revive them
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 12:59   #21
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

In about 9 minutes General will be here to supply us with another boring BORING reply :/
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 13:08   #22
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Then again look at C20/21. Seems to be mostly new players and filling up quite fast. They are bviosly enjoying it.
I have the joy of being in there. My galaxy contains NO NEW PLAYERS, only players who played this game for many years
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 13:13   #23
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Silver, you ****ing rock.
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 13:13   #24
kyrealean
Crimson Dragon

kyrealean is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
At the end of the day PA is a game that cannot survive without masses of noobs who login once or twice a day to produce more roids for the universe, only problem is the active players roid them to death and the cycle of life dies.

Food Chain:
Noobs > Mediocre > Hardcore

Kill all the noobs and the Mediocre quit when they get killed leaving only the hardcore left, Sound familiar?

And to be honest I dont think many new players would pay to play and older version of Pa, not nearly enough to compensate and make the game playable.

Also most people overlook a very important thing about all these PA spinoff type games, the memberbase has dramatically cut due to boredom with the mechanics, its not like people quit pa and went to another game when it went p2p, they quit this type of game.

So even if pa was free i doubt it would get over 50k players again, the main reason it got them before was because it was new and fresh, these days its been toppled by the new online games that use full 3D and are from mainstream games developers.

Conclusion:

This type of game's time is over and wont come back again, putting a new face on an old game doesnt make a new game, It'd have probably been more successful for them to build that football game, or scrap the PA idea and move onto the next step.

PA is still far too basic to compete with the other games on the market, with a bit of coperate funding and development it might be possible to make it more dynamic but I cant see that happening.

best post of the lot here. entirely true as well.

PA lost its magic long long ago, and nothing they try to do will ever reclaim it. best to let the old dog die in peace than to try and pump it full of meds and have it suffer for a few days before it dies anyway.

ofc i consider anything after Rd4 the pumping it full of meds and truly the dog is on its last legs.

/me waves to morden
Rd 4 267.2.10 D'tartagnan of DesertWinds_Fortress (Fury)
Rd 5 25.16.13 Xavier of Sanctified_Realm (Fury)
Rd 6 1.16 gave planet away (Fury)
Rd 7 23.23.13 Mikey of Goondocks (RaH)
Rd 8 C2 quit (RaH)
Rd 9 24.6.1 Prof_Xavier of School_for_Gifted_Youngsters (Eclipse)
Rd 9.5 9.8.3 Starbuck of Galactica (RaH)
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 13:48   #25
mikay

Quote:
Originally posted by General1
I have the joy of being in there. My galaxy contains NO NEW PLAYERS, only players who played this game for many years
OK so why did they start late? Certainly not something many hordcore players would do.

Unread 20 Sep 2003, 14:32   #26
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
OK so why did they start late? Certainly not something many hordcore players would do.
THINK.

Maybe they did start at tick 1 but chose to wait with upgrading? Or they had no choice due the upgrade problems?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 14:52   #27
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
THINK.

Maybe they did start at tick 1 but chose to wait with upgrading? Or they had no choice due the upgrade problems?
option 2 would be "in europe its summerbreak for a couple of unis and ppl went into vacation and came back late"

happend to me and a couple of others (i payed beforehand tho)

option 3 would be "i payed but the payment problems keep me from beeing activated" happend to a friend of mine who waits now about 1 week on his upgrade and is still unpaid (local paycenters are superslow)

option 4 would be "im not rich enough to waste 15 euros so i tried to play abit before i made my mind"

option 5 would be "i had to wait to get money or on someone else to pay for me"

you can make this list endless.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:01   #28
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I foresee Silversmoke sucking copiously in this thread.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:08   #29
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
Round 3 and 4 were total crap to play off course. But having large gals was nice. It made for a lot of good friendships.

hAl
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:13   #30
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
I hear they were better than PA X though.

I foresee one of SilverSmoke's "mates" telling him how funny he is 3 minutes.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:15   #31
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

they removed my powers!
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:17   #32
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Re: r2 please

Quote:
Originally posted by Chax
Beats all the other rounds hands down.

straight 10% roidcap
possibility to grow even if you lost roids
possible to hover fleets
visible alliance tags
incentive to defend strangers
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:18   #33
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrealean
best post of the lot here. entirely true as well.

PA lost its magic long long ago, and nothing they try to do will ever reclaim it. best to let the old dog die in peace than to try and pump it full of meds and have it suffer for a few days before it dies anyway.

ofc i consider anything after Rd4 the pumping it full of meds and truly the dog is on its last legs.

/me waves to morden
hey arent u that relentless weasel we (T8R) roided to pieces last round ?

Silver r0cks (and hes psychic too so queue up ppl) :eek:
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:23   #34
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Aren't you ? errm actually who are you ? judging by your sig a no one hence zip it no one cares what your lame R9.5 parrallel alliance did.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:25   #35
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by Hicks
Aren't you ? errm actually who are you ? judging by your sig a no one hence zip it no one cares what your lame R9.5 parrallel alliance did.

you sound so bitter lately
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:26   #36
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Quote:
Must be something in the water

It's more kyreal is a good guy and made a decent post I don't see why people who were skilled enough to get in Legion for Round 7 (pld skills) feel the need to call him a weasel because their elite Round 9.5 (The most important round ever) parrallel alliance killed him.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:32   #37
Queen DAX

Quote:
they removed my powers!

Good i was going to fearyou reading allmy board pm's before i typed them
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:34   #38
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Good i was going to fearyou reading allmy board pm's before i typed them

I would never do such an evil thing!
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:35   #39
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:

It's because I haven't been on MSN lately so he hasn't been able to chat to me ;(

Christopher <3
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:36   #40
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hmmm actually after reading an AD I see what SilverSmoke has done, that's rather amusing earlier comment retracted.

Haha Tom how witty, load MSN like innit.
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:40   #41
Mikee
Furious Angel

Mikee is on a distinguished road
Quote:

It's more kyreal is a good guy and made a decent post I don't see why people who were skilled enough to get in Legion for Round 7 (pld skills) feel the need to call him a weasel because their elite Round 9.5 (The most important round ever) parrallel alliance killed him.
pld u know me too u just dont remember so stop acting liek a tit i was messing with the guy
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 18:39   #42
Alas
Celestial

Alas is an unknown quantity at this point
I was such a n00b in round 3, but it was still the best round.
Even a newbie could manage to play the game without getting completely killed, and I didn't even log in every day
R3: 24:16 (n00b, ViruS)
R4: 162:23 (ViruS)
R5: 6:1 (Nothing)
R6: 16:1 (Xanadu)
R7: 25:12 (Xanadu)
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 20:16   #43
Tomkat

Quote:

Haha Tom how witty, load MSN like innit.

I can't, this computer doesn't like it
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:02   #44
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
That analogy doesn't work.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:36   #45
RexDrax
Knightly Protector

RexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of lightRexDrax is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm.. tbh what the game is lacking and why so many folks are quiting/leaving is not because the game dynamics have changed radically or new ways to play the game, its because the universe has shrunk so drastically. There is more interaction and everyone knows everyone (to a certain degree of course and via other people). Some have suggested that the game is stale and past its prime and should go away, I tend to agree. So far PA hasnt given much in terms of game dynamics to separate it from other games that have a bigger player base and/or are free. I have an account but I hardly play it, and help out friends primarily because I know I cant succeed unless I dump RL to play the game AND join a decent alliance and meet all of their recruitment requirements which means more PA and less RL.

Est Sularus oth Mithas
My Honour is My Life, My Life is My Honour
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 00:59   #46
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Quote:
round 10 and what do we have ?
a game no one really likes, and if they do they arnt really speaking up about it.
People have very rarely spoken up about anytihng good in PA at the time it occured. During R3 everyone moaned about the blocking, but afterwards it was great, In R4 people moaned about the lack of strategy (ship stats), but in later rounds it was looked back on as a politically fun round. And so on.
If PA ever does make it to r11 you can bet people will look back and say this round was better than the one they are playing.

Personally I'm going to speak up and say I like PaX. While I was skeptical in the beta (particularly from the ingame alliance point of view), it has grown on me as a game, and barring the flawed scoring system they have a nice game for new and old players alike. It's just a pity PA was killed by the simple fact that no one will pay money for a browser game without being well into it first. The 2 weeks free trial will barely bring anyone to the stage of wanting to spend hours a day on IRC, feeling 'involved' in an alliance group, or being motivated to get up at 4am to roid/defend. And the bottom of the food chain newbies who provide those players certainly have to reason to borrow mummys credit card for the pleasure of clicking around in a browser for a few minutes a day and never coming close to winning.
As long as P2P is run like this PA has no chance of becoming great again, and tbh I think its past the point of no return.

Quote:
Just ignore Mikee. He only comes on here to post abuse at others. It's a side-effect of being 12.
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 01:37   #47
Not Starbucks

well, this could be of help to there being no code

Code:
Name	Cl	T1	T2	In	Ag	WPSP	Guns	Pwr	Arm	Res	Metal	Crystal	Fuel	T
Interceptor	FI	FR	CO	11	25	20	1	1	2	5	1 000	0	10	2
Torpedo	CO	CR	DE	10	20	10	1	10	8	10	2 000	1 000	30	3
War Frigate 	FR	FI	CO	9	18	20	5	2	20	15	5 500	1 500	100	4
Destroyer	DE	BA	CR	8	15	5	3	20	40	25	12 000	4 000	300	4
War Cruiser	CR	FR	DE	7	10	20	15	4	100	30	18 000	8 000	1 000	5
Battleship	BA	FI	CO	6	5	25	80	2	200	75	64 000	10 000	2 000	5
Spider	FI	**	**	3	22	-	1	-	2	65	0	1 500	10	2
Tarantula	DE	**	**	5	13	-	3	-	40	75	2 500	16 000	300	4
Phantom	FI	CO	FR	1	25	20	1	1	2	50	1 000	500	10	2
Ghost	FR	DE	CR	2	16	15	2	10	20	75	4 000	4 000	100	3
Dagger	FI	CO	FI	4	25	25	1	1	4	99	1 000	750	10	2
Cargo Ship	FR	*	*	12	18	-	-	-	15	15	1 500	500	30	3
Astro Pod	CO	*	*	13	15	-	-	-	15	15	2 000	1 000	30	4

Unread 11 Nov 2003, 02:53   #48
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thread bumping is bad

(Also Ship Stats != Game code)
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 07:33   #49
I am Idler
This is bat country

I am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himI am Idler is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

planetarion is no fun without thief, the kind that's massivly over powered

I have been saying this since they decided to remove them and still nobody listens
Unread 11 Nov 2003, 10:40   #50
hook
I'm who you want me to be

hook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of lighthook is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicks

Be it it's kind of lame to put up post like 'we killed you bla bla bla' here. It's bullshit to base someone's skill on what alliance they've been able to join. There are plenty of good players out there who are happy being where they are, though they might be skilled enough to make it to a 'better place' (Score/play-wise).

I'm not saying past alliances can't give you an indication of a player's skill, I'm just saying there's more than meets the eye sometimes.