User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 May 2003, 11:44   #1
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Worthy addition to scan parsers

Would it be possible to add a tick by tick analysis on the scan parsers.

ie.
Code:
Tick 1 - xxxxx hostile ships (xx million score), xxxxx friendly ships (xx million score)
Tick 2 - xxxxx hostile ships (xx million score), xxxxx friendly shiips (xx million score)
So for each tick the attackers and defenders can see how many ships are landing and what fleet score the planets are involved.

If not, then just overall score for incoming hostile fleets and incoming friendly fleets would be nice.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 11:46   #2
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts
[don't understand]

[/don't understand]
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 11:49   #3
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by Zword
[don't understand]

[/don't understand]
it's not complicated to follow ;p

nice idea scouse

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 12:00   #4
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

I realise the information given in scans might change for round 10, but it would be nice for rd 9.5.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Unread 16 May 2003, 12:28   #5
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
I realise the information given in scans might change for round 10, but it would be nice for rd 9.5.
Agreed it would be very nice 2 have it
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 12:59   #6
Bashar
Idle Git

Bashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet societyBashar is a pillar of this Internet society
It would be an excellent thing to have, and I am just amazed that it hasn't been done yet (for both ideas).
Unread 16 May 2003, 13:02   #7
Pyrowired
UItjuh's secret lover

Pyrowired is an unknown quantity at this point
nice for funny stats but verry tricky to use as analysis cos xan's mess the results up on ammount of units and planets with high scores who send a small fleet mess the total planet score up
R6 22:1 TFD [OuZo]
R7 12:6 TFD [OuZo]
R8 31:6:4 TFD [OuZo]
R9 10:4:9 TFD [OuZo]
R9.5 15:8:7 TFD [OuZo]
Pyrowired is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 13:03   #8
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
What about the problem of not knowing how long defenders are going to defend for?

Only really applicable for multi-wave attacks, but still.
Unread 16 May 2003, 13:07   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Supernova9
What about the problem of not knowing how long defenders are going to defend for?

Only really applicable for multi-wave attacks, but still.
6 hours. Certainly that's SOP for VGN and I can't imagine many reasons to NOT send for 6 hours.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 13:10   #10
SPQR

SPQR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
It would be an excellent thing to have, and I am just amazed that it hasn't been done yet (for both ideas).
It has been done already. The news parser on the Xanadu webby in r7 had such an option if i remember right. Unfortunatly only for members.
SPQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 14:37   #11
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
hard to implement imho scouse.

The actual fleet score would be hard to ascertain unless you linked mil scans to fleets. Then you are reliant on the fact that you are selecting teh right fleets (not so easy in the current mil scan situation).

Would be nice to see a current parsers set up with a tick by tick analysis of fleets landing though (didn't it used to be like that?) as that will let you see the lay of the land.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 15:11   #12
Sokar

Sokar is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm quite sure Sandman's site had that, but that's long gone, sadly. :\

:: R4: 163:22:13 :: R5: 2:14:20 :: R6: 21:5:15 :: R7: 29:19:3 :: R8: 41:7:8 :: R9: 36:7:2 :: R9.5: 2:4:2 ::

The Web brings people together because no matter what kind of a twisted sexual mutant you happen to be, you've got millions of pals out there. Type in "Find people that have sex with goats that are on fire" and the computer will ask, "Specify type of goat."

Jason Alexander
Sokar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 16:06   #13
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Either way: bcalc has the option to add ETA's on fleets.. so why just not calc the entire thing there?

wouldn't be too tricky to improve the logs there so its show the results with whatever method you prefer either
Unread 16 May 2003, 17:23   #14
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Quote:
Originally posted by Rumad
hard to implement imho scouse.

The actual fleet score would be hard to ascertain unless you linked mil scans to fleets.
Well the idea was just add up all planets score, whether they sent 1 or 3 fleets, or all their fleet or 1 ship.

Would be nice to just glance over. Some battles on scan parsers atm look like the attackers may win, simply because theres 75 attacking fleets and 25 defence fleets. But when you look at the score of attacking ships and defending ships it's obvious enough to see that the defence have the upper hand.

And to solve the 'how long do planets stay attacking/defending' problem you could either assume 3 hrs attacks and 6 hrs defence, as a rule, for all fleets, or just have 'Number of ships landing tick 1', 'Number of ships landing tick 2' etc, and not how many all together.

Unread 16 May 2003, 18:11   #15
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about
Re: Worthy addition to scan parsers

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouse
Would it be possible to add a tick by tick analysis on the scan parsers.

ie.
Code:
Tick 1 - xxxxx hostile ships (xx million score), xxxxx friendly ships (xx million score)
Tick 2 - xxxxx hostile ships (xx million score), xxxxx friendly shiips (xx million score)
So for each tick the attackers and defenders can see how many ships are landing and what fleet score the planets are involved.

If not, then just overall score for incoming hostile fleets and incoming friendly fleets would be nice.

Like this but then more elaborate?

GRRRR /me kicks the ev0l board admins [who have placed the censor thingie in for good reasons. -Leshy]
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though

Last edited by Leshy; 17 May 2003 at 10:12.
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 May 2003, 21:34   #16
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Re: Re: Worthy addition to scan parsers

Quote:
Originally posted by General Martok
Like this but then more elaborate?

GRRRR /me kicks the ev0l board admins [who have placed in the censor thingie for good reasons. -Leshy]
Yes.

Last edited by Leshy; 17 May 2003 at 10:13.
Unread 16 May 2003, 21:46   #17
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
i Bleive both Pilkara and Sandmans used to be this way back in r7 ish time, cant remember for sure but there was a thing like this where it told you the known total fleet counts for each tick.
Unread 17 May 2003, 07:28   #18
hAl
ensign forever

hAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these partshAl is infamous around these parts
It probably became useless in a universe where Xan's ruled a while ago.

hAl
Unread 18 May 2003, 15:11   #19
kaos
peon

kaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
i Bleive both Pilkara and Sandmans used to be this way back in r7 ish time, cant remember for sure but there was a thing like this where it told you the known total fleet counts for each tick.
sandman had it, pilkara didn't.
maybe you will see such things soon, maybe not
Unread 18 May 2003, 23:10   #20
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Bashar
I remember there was a parser for overview in round 2 and 3 that gave a tick by tick analysis of incoming fleets hostile and friendly.

There was also a different one for newsscansm that did the same thing.

So it has been done, although out of use due to gal status and likely not working any more.