User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Jan 2003, 21:18   #1
Definity

Question should i join

i was wondering if i should join this could any one tell me whats new since this used to be free but now you have to pay but i used to have a free account so could some one tell me whats new in the games of planertarion since you had to pay if any thing cool i will consider joining
thanks
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 21:23   #2
Chax
Pepsi bottle

Chax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the roughChax is a jewel in the rough
Did you have fun when it was free?
then pay and play and have fun again.
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 21:25   #3
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough
new races etc...new and very improved ship stats...however..

R9 is coming up that will be the same as old round...but R10 is going to be a completly re coded brand new shiny PA...so watch out for that....thats about all i can remember..lol...

Some one help me out.....

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 21:38   #4
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
There are 4 races, each with 12 different ships.

Each race has a "different" ability...Terran ships are plain warships, Cathaar ships freeze other ships, Xandathrii ships are cloaked, and Zikonian ships steal other ships.

Otherwise, the game is basically the same...launch fleets, nick roids, repeat.

Round 10 will be very different, so if you decide not to play this round, come back in a few months and check out round 10

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2003, 22:22   #5
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all
indeed
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jan 2003, 07:21   #6
[Cymru]
Lord of the Sheep

[Cymru] is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: should i join

Quote:
Originally posted by Definity
i was wondering if i should join this could any one tell me whats new since this used to be free but now you have to pay but i used to have a free account so could some one tell me whats new in the games of planertarion since you had to pay if any thing cool i will consider joining
thanks
The game itself is still as good as its ever been (in theory).

In reality atm theres waay too little people playing. The so-called big guns arent willing to help out newbies or struggling players, and theres this thing called overburn which means unless you got loadsa friends with scan farms willing to news scan you every tick then theres no point paying to play (as overburn attacks arent visible on gal status).
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 01:04   #7
Varangian
Proscribed Citizen 3141

Varangian is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Only one way to find out

The only way to find out how good the game will be is :PLAY!.
Per haps you could pro-rate your planet for sale on ebay if you don't liek it
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 09:11   #8
zenopus
Xenoc

zenopus is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Only one way to find out

Quote:
Originally posted by Varangian
Per haps you could pro-rate your planet for sale on ebay if you don't liek it
Erm, next time you sign up to play PA, try reading the user agreement...
zenopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 09:30   #9
Zword
more then you can ever be

Zword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these partsZword is infamous around these parts

Quote:
if i should join
Nahh you are just another irritating player with his same lame question should I join. For this I knight you king of the irritating should I join questions.
(20:55:52) (@w2k) if registrations are disabled how did spinner sign up :\
(20:56:29) (@w2k) spinner isnt cool anymore

(06:41:50) (Shai-gar) Add meaple to Your Ignore List
(06:42:00) (Ghosteh) why?
(06:42:24) (Shai-gar) i dislike the ****
(06:42:37) (Ghosteh) heh

/me likes meaple <3
Zword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jan 2003, 19:08   #10
-QS-
nub since 2002

-QS- is an unknown quantity at this point
Join it, different places and pod classes rock, community is smaller ofc, but pretty challenging!
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 01:51   #11
Ainara
its zeke fs

Ainara is infamous around these partsAinara is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: should i join

Quote:
Originally posted by Zword
Nahh you are just another irritating player with his same lame question should I join. For this I knight you king of the irritating should I join questions.
retard

aka zeke
#spacehamsters

btw Folköl rockar stenhårt!!!!!12
Ainara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 08:34   #12
RooKie
Boy without a toy

RooKie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
thanks
Start with getting an alliance and let them tell u all that is new and exciting...

WC 2 Winners "TiG's Terrific Tribe" 3:21

Quicknet Webdesign & Neteffects Søkemotoroptimalisering
RooKie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 09:54   #13
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Quote:
If you were deciding whether or not to play by asking members of the community of the forums, is that the kind of responce you'd want. Stop being a troble maker and help out the new people. You do want the community to get bigger again don't you?
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 10:41   #14
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: should i join

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloopy
If you were deciding whether or not to play by asking members of the community of the forums, is that the kind of responce you'd want. Stop being a troble maker and help out the new people. You do want the community to get bigger again don't you?
We all do, but most of us are very pessimistic. You do know the playerbase has been doing down ever since P2P, and no sign of growth has been in sight for four rounds, and obviously the numbers will be going down round 9 too. We'll see if the 'changes' you guys are implanting for round 9 will make the game any more attractive (well, I think the main thing that would make the game attractive would be eradicating the current playerbase, wich is happening all the time - the question is, will there be new players willing to pay to play a new game when you've gotten rid of the current even most hardcore base, good adverts might manage?).

Oh.
Fuzz.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 10:47   #15
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of
You're right. It has been going down since P2P, but that doesnt mean new players dont arrive, wanting to play. Even if fresh blood coming in means the playerbase decreases slower, surely thats a good thing.

And besides, a lot of people have been saying that since round 9 is the last of 'old style' PA, they want to play it, the end of an era sort of thing. But be prepared for round 10 to blow your mind. It's going to be fantastic, even if everyones gone and its just me playing!

Matt
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Jan 2003, 14:07   #16
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Well, very many earlier rounds were supposed to blow my mind too, but I think round 2 was the only one that actually did.

But we'll see, with the new squad and fresh blood in the creators my hopes of getting a nice new version of PA (eventually) are quite high.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Jan 2003, 03:18   #17
MelAn
Condenación

MelAn is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...teen

Definity: You are welcome, so don't ask..just try it
R4: 55:8:23 Selenia the Dark Angel of Urborg of Dominaria ( NoS)
R5: 24:12:5 MelAncholic Angel of Condemnation (NoS)
R6: 21:5:10 Cursed Visionary of True Faith (NoS)
R7: 9:19:9 Fragrance of Your Skin (NoS/Bunnies)
R8: 3:5:4 Cursed Hands of Devotion (Fury/Bunnies)
R9: 18:2:4 Infernal Memories of Humiliation (Eclipse/Bunnies)
--------------------
MelAncholic
...criticism is the root of all progress
MelAn is offline   Reply With Quote