User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Closed Thread
Unread 18 May 2016, 11:03   #151
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R67 Shipstats proposals

Possibly, but many of the fleets based on cr or bs have big ally def problems which is most damaging to just those "mid" and "low" those alliances that benefited most from ally def improvements last round or else have very spread out fleets. If anything I would be more concerned about what you are presumably calling the "upper" tier of alliances who are good at regularly prelaunching defence who should benefit most from such a stats set. That is of course not to say that you won't be correct but there is certainly a downside for them.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 18 May 2016, 11:23   #152
Shhhhhhh

Shhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to allShhhhhhh is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoXiouS View Post
Only thing disturbing me a bit more than anything else in Pats set is the targeting being a tad unfair towards the lower hulls... FI and CO targeted by each other and FRDE, FRDE targeted by each other and FICO + CR on FR, BS on DE, CR targeted by FR and BS, BS targeted by DE and CR. I can live with that ofc, but kinda makes me feel that (borrowing BBs words) the "mid" and "low" tier alliances will mass hulls 3.
I dont really understand that comment, targetting looks symetric.

Fi - Co , FR
Co - Fi , FR, DE
FR - Fi , Co, DE, CR
DE - Co , FR, CR, BS
CR - FR , DE, BS
BS - DE , CR

2-3-4-4-3-2.
Unread 18 May 2016, 13:44   #153
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I am hoping that this is just because SKs are always left until last but at the moment their cost seems really weird compared to other ships and each other. For example the Termite is really cheap for a battleship, while on the other hand the Liquidator, a cruiser, is much much more expensive than it and is more expensive than all the other etd cr ships.

This of course affects the calcs too; the termite is frozen long before everything else in a cat bs fleet while the Liquidator is merrily going on its demolishing structures while everything else around it is out of action. http://xmas.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=xmrfuxjtbfku3e6

Thanks to Drew for pointing this out.

Otterly an Otter.
Unread 18 May 2016, 15:02   #154
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
the termite is frozen long before everything else in a cat bs fleet while the Liquidator is merrily going on its demolishing structures while everything else around it is out of action
This is entirely due to the ERes of the respective ships. Cost has nothing to do with it, except indirectly: stats makers are naturally more inclined to give expensive ships higher ERes. The bcalc doesn't look at ship cost, though.

This does not affect the validity of the rest of your post, though, it's just a small nitpick.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 18 May 2016, 15:03   #155
Patrikc

Patrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant futurePatrikc has a brilliant future

[re: booji] This is because my draft did not have them in attack classes and Jintao has moved them there recently, as I made them before SKs could only be used in wars (and because I never bother with SKs until the rest is balanced).

Thanks Drew, we'll get on that soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
This is entirely due to the ERes of the respective ships. Cost has nothing to do with it, except indirectly: stats makers are naturally more inclined to give expensive ships higher ERes. The bcalc doesn't look at ship cost, though.

This does not affect the validity of the rest of your post, though, it's just a small nitpick.
It's an important distinction though, because I like using cost differentials to amplify a ship's strengths like the Mantis vs Bs. It's cheap, therefore very good flak, but actually has the highest ERes out of all Cruisers.
Unread 18 May 2016, 16:51   #156
ReaperSix
Anti-Paperboy

ReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really niceReaperSix is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Rogues is Krypton/reapersix, pretty aggresive posters.
TheoDD is a a seasoned turnip, wich used to come into the discussion with comments like what i described.
My points still remains the same, im not runningg for a popular guy vote.
By real sources, this is how it stands:

5% chance of being run: http://beta.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats
30% chance of being run : http://xmas.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats
30% chance of being run: http://speedgame.planetarion.com/manual.pl?page=stats
25% chance of being https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...iXk/edit#gid=0

I dont like to keep people in the dark, but the set in beta.planetarion is NOT being ran.
Leave me out of your lunacy this is my first post on this thread so clearly i have been influencing the discussion.
Unread 20 May 2016, 18:14   #157
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Congradulations patrikc, your set will be run for R67. Appoco will announce it officially soon.

Thanks to all those who helped and submitted sets. I look forward to seeing what sets are offered for R68.
Unread 20 May 2016, 18:25   #158
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Closing this as ship stats now final