User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 9 May 2007, 01:01   #1
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Angel Delight

There was a thread on here recently in which people debated furiously whether Angels are the most self-destructive alliance in the history of the game. But that's old news now for another chapter of the epic saga has just concluded. What follows below is a mail from Assassin (Angels HC) to the membership which details a few "internal difficulties."

Quote:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen

Well tonite i sat in the private channel and i have saw a lot of ranting, a lot of raving, and a lot of players threatening to quit and leave this round. To me i see that as an obvious failure. I joined this alliance as a HC becuase i beleived Angels can win this round. And to be honest i still can, or at least cause alliances such as CT/Wolfpack so much torment for the last 22 days that they will be falling asleep in rl with exustation.

Now when you came to Angels im sure you had the same feeling/thoughts/beleif as me. You want to be part of a winning alliance. And we want to provide you with the winning alliance of round 21. But we need your help! We can setup the raids, set up the pollitical connections and try to organise the defence. But unless you, the players/members of this alliance, come online, attack and defend daily we cant achive that win.

I know its been a hard week for us morale wise. You have lost roids and thought 'whats the point?' I know i have been there many times before. But ive learned instead of just giving up, its more rewarding to fight back with everything you have got. When a rat is cornered by a cat, even though it knows its most likely going to die, its not going to die without a fight now is it? And thats what i want from you guys to turn this around. get on irc, join in on the attacks. A few days ago we had over 60+ on irc. I want to see those numbers back and in force within the next 2 days at least. I want to see you guys pming defbot with your ships EVERYDAY! So the DC'S can see who has what to cover.

So, ill make a promise to you. The HC/officer team want to win this round or will at least fight these last 22 days. Now ill ask you a question.. what do you want? Do you want to stand up proud knowing you faught and gave it all you got in this round? Or do you want to remmeber this round for one you just 'gave up' after a few days of been roided? Join me. Fight back. I refuse to let this alliance die. Even if i have to bribe PA team to give me addresses and i come to your front door and drag you to your PC. All i ask is, if you REALLY want this win, then fight for it. Show me. We cant login to your accounts and launch defence/attacks fleets for you. We can provide you with targets, then the rest is upto you.

The motto in the public topic is: 'We will strive till the end of days' my motto is 'Against all odds, i pull myself up. Look the enemy in the eye, grab my sword, and use every strengh i have left in my body to charge toward my enemies. Against all odds ill know full well, if i do die, i died fighting'

Care to join me and the rest of the command? Lets show them what Angels is made of.

Assassin

Angels HC
My first reaction upon reading this was to actually laugh out loud, which is unusual for a jaded internet cynic such as myself. Upon brief reflection I also decided that Assassin is a hopeless optimist (but you have to respect him for trying) and to have an Indian for dinner before I explored the circumstances closer.

Closer examination proved even easier than I thought. I imagine this to be largely due to Angels members having more experience with relaying than most Olympic class sprinters. In any case, it turned out to be a little more interesting that the usual internal bitching about roids/def/attacks from the "hold my hand or I can't play brigade." Elviz, mactanzu, raitanaama, lizardking and nippe_r have all been closed simultaneously.

Make of that what you will though I will save time and start the screams of "cheating scum" immediately. Of course I have no evidence of that though I have personal knowledge of a few of those people, shall we say "cutting corners" in the past. In any case I throw the floor open to you, lady (I assume there can't possibly be more than one) and gentlemen of AD and look forward to the usual thoughtful and indepth commentary I'm sure you'll once more provide.

Last edited by Achilles; 9 May 2007 at 01:07.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 01:12   #2
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Angel Delight

I thought angryduck wrote that
Unread 9 May 2007, 01:19   #3
Proxi
Ron Burgundy

Proxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant futureProxi has a brilliant future

Benneh to win the round.

That is all.
Unread 9 May 2007, 01:51   #4
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by assassins braveheart speech
We cant login to your accounts and launch defence/attacks fleets for you. We can provide you with targets, then the rest is upto you.
BNC anyone?
Unread 9 May 2007, 07:48   #5
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

so did exilition ever really win a round??

or was it all due to cheating?

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 09:13   #6
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin's pa mail
We can setup the raids, set up the pollitical connections
I laughed about the political connections bit...

Sorry
Unread 9 May 2007, 09:37   #7
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Angels have always been about their loyal core. And by loyal I mean they show up for the first half of every round.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 09:39   #8
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Angels have always been about their loyal core. And by loyal I mean they show up for the first half of every round.
The core stay there. What you mean is that Angels have no recruitment standards.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 09:44   #9
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBA
so did exilition ever really win a round??

or was it all due to cheating?
it was all due to every single other alliance being completely useless actually
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 11:39   #10
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

now 1up was useless.
Unread 9 May 2007, 12:22   #11
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
Then you obviously dont know the Angels "Core"!
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 12:31   #12
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
snippety snip snip
ive read you post and reread it several times over and yet i still fail to see. what exactly is the overall point/goal of this post?

does this have a point or is it a thinly veiled snipe/troll at angels?

also upon rereadin the replies to this thread ive realised that its the same old faces with the "omg angels are teh nubz lololz". your like a stuck record sometimes so cut the crap

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 9 May 2007 at 12:38.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 12:56   #13
hinchles

hinchles is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
There was a thread on here recently in which people debated furiously whether Angels are the most self-destructive alliance in the history of the game
not commenting on the rest as it doesn't involve me but this line quoted made me laugh.

Be it incarnation 1 in round 1 as Furious Angels through to incarnation 2 as FAnG through to incarnation 3 as Angels it appears to be a trait of the name to be self destructive.

This tradition of being capable of so much yet always imploding has been a down fall of all Furious Angels divisions through the 20+ games we've always participated. I can't believe that after 6-7 years (can't remember when r1 was now) of FA in pa people still find this a shock
Unread 9 May 2007, 13:22   #14
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Angels are cute. They're like a little kitten who strives to make its first steps, but keeps falling on its ass every time. This isn't a normal kitten though. Normal kittens would fall on its ass a few times and then learn how to walk properly. This kitten just never learns, so we feel sorry for it and at the same time think it's cute as it never gives up.
Unread 9 May 2007, 13:36   #15
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

worst analogy ever
Unread 9 May 2007, 13:55   #16
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, i can't see anything wrong with the mail. If anything, it proves that angels (core) won't run from the fight.
About taking the exilition bg in, it was a risk they took in order to challenge for the round. Mactanzu has been closed so many times, it is really disappointing to see alliances that give him shelter every round.
Angels should stick to the core, rebuild. You guys have nothing to prove to anyone. The core are awesome players, and i would be proud to play with just the core once again, no matter what others think.
Unread 9 May 2007, 15:20   #17
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
stuff
What about Conspiracy Theory support planets?
Or Wolfpack's whooping membercount?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mek
ive read you post and reread it several times over and yet i still fail to see. what exactly is the overall point/goal of this post?

does this have a point or is it a thinly veiled snipe/troll at angels?
Yeah, and probably the nicks mentioned in the post too.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 15:36   #18
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Im more of a custard and peaches man tbh
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 15:57   #19
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Or Wolfpack's whooping membercount?
What about your crap intel?
Or some people in your bg being closed?
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:02   #20
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

if we got support planets I'd sure like to know where the hell they are, we could use the extra fleets :/
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:48   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Considering some of the loltastic fleets I saw defending fenix the other day I really wouldn't go too far down that road.
Unread 9 May 2007, 16:48   #22
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

People and their newbiethreads

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 17:34   #23
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
if we got support planets I'd sure like to know where the hell they are, we could use the extra fleets :/
really? surely it's been nice and swell sailing so far for you homes
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:22   #24
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Considering some of the loltastic fleets I saw defending fenix the other day I really wouldn't go too far down that road.
That would be so r8, wouldnt it.
<Almeida> well i like to grow fat myself too, and when i have enough ships then i can engage in big battles
<Nantoz> Zhukov for Lord Protector!
<Jakiri> (Windows)XP was fine on release
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:32   #25
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
Sorry, i can't see anything wrong with the mail. If anything, it proves that angels (core) won't run from the fight.
About taking the exilition bg in, it was a risk they took in order to challenge for the round. Mactanzu has been closed so many times, it is really disappointing to see alliances that give him shelter every round.
Angels should stick to the core, rebuild. You guys have nothing to prove to anyone. The core are awesome players, and i would be proud to play with just the core once again, no matter what others think.
I 100% agree with this above.

But what is wrong with that mail? Forgive me for not seeing that email showing Ass or Angels as 'noobs' I see mails like that from alliance HCs every day. Its done by HCs to keep morale high and for members to keep following them.

Now. Ffrom the intel i gathered i heard Pack tried to attack angels hard last nite? But according to sandmans Pack are the one in the red on roids and Angels are still standing in green. So they cant be doing that badly. Seems Ass speech did the trick.

Plus, well done. Youve just of course made it more clear they obviously have a spy in the alliance. Although all alliances have spies ofc, but your making it hell of a lot easier to track via posting in public boards like this. Next time keep spying intel in your own alliance. Thats usally more useful.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 18:39   #26
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
I don't know, I never paid much attention, but there was one closed already. I think I mentioned it to alexis, he would have the detail. Also, if you feel like it, you may contact me on IRC for details. You know who I am. I can point you out the exact member of Conspiracy whose "relative" the planet in question was controlled by, and you can double check for strangely covered defence calls on given planets from your defence feeds.
¨
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
What about your crap intel?
It's not crap. If you mean the out of tag Conspiracy support planet I was refering to, I can provide with evidence (although, the scans are probably purged already, and the planet possibly deleted, but there's still logs around).

I'm not the only one saying Wolfpack has more than 70 members, but also, if enquiried, I'm sure Conspiracy High command would have further evidence. Of course, I have too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Or some people in your bg being closed?
I'm not talking as a representative of my battlegroup.
My account isn't closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
Again, I'm not talking as a representative of Angels either, so I wouldn't know. I merely pointed out, that if breaking of rules has happened on the Angels side (as according to current incidents), it's not the only side. Wolfpack planets have also been closed (Daz, and whoever the other guy was), a planet that was consistently defending Ct has been closed (a cousin of a Conspiracy member). These are facts. If you want me to back up my claims, please contact me on IRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov
That would be so r8, wouldnt it.
Or perhaps so r9.5 *cough* LDK *cough* corsair?

Again, I'm not a representative of my battlegroup, nor the alliance I'm a member of. I'm merely stating that both Wolfpack and Conspiracy have had their planets (so far) closed for cheating too.
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:00   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Again, I'm not talking as a representative of Angels either, so I wouldn't know. I merely pointed out, that if breaking of rules has happened on the Angels side (as according to current incidents), it's not the only side. Wolfpack planets have also been closed (Daz, and whoever the other guy was), a planet that was consistently defending Ct has been closed (a cousin of a Conspiracy member). These are facts. If you want me to back up my claims, please contact me on IRC.
I'd be honestly amazed if you didn't actually know considering your level of knowledge concerning the affairs of other alliances. And to be honest it sounds like more angels planets, and certainly more prominent ones, have been closed. I'm quite sure everyone has cheaters in their alliance, although I'd be very entertained if I found out someone in ascendancy was cheating, but the weight of evidence rather leans against angels in this matter. Although it's going to be hilarious if people like elviz get reopened with 3 of 4 days income on 1600 roids, can I get closed for a while please?
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:22   #28
Tietäjä
Good Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'd be honestly amazed if you didn't actually know considering your level of knowledge concerning the affairs of other alliances.
Wasn't I just slagged for having shit intel? (edit. If you are refering to the Fenix incident, I actually haven't paid much attention. I've never been silent about how I feel about activities of certain groups of players, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
And to be honest it sounds like more angels planets, and certainly more prominent ones, have been closed.
True, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
I'm quite sure everyone has cheaters in their alliance
Of course, there are "bigger names" involved in a case given, but you can't exactly claim that if an alliance is knowingly recruiting beyond given limits, that people leading the alliance (prominent names too, such as NitinA), who should be by the head multihunter's announcements well aware of the rules, aren't responsible for arranging a scale of cheating too. Especially if they have organized plans on how to use the excess planets. I'd define it as organized cheating coming from prominent members of the community, too.

Again, I'm only basing this on various sources. If required, I can talk more in private, but this isn't a place to spam with details.

Down to it, though, a cheating planet is a cheating planet, and is a member of an alliance, no matter what his/her nick is. The position in the alliance obviously makes difference, and the scale of the cheating (organizing an alliance level cheating, planetary level cheating, organizing against the rules support planets, be it whatever).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBG
Although it's going to be hilarious if people like elviz get reopened with 3 of 4 days income on 1600 roids, can I get closed for a while please?
Indeed! Remains to be seen, eh.
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:38   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Wasn't I just slagged for having shit intel? (edit. If you are refering to the Fenix incident, I actually haven't paid much attention. I've never been silent about how I feel about activities of certain groups of players, though.)
Not by me.

Quote:
Of course, there are "bigger names" involved in a case given, but you can't exactly claim that if an alliance is knowingly recruiting beyond given limits, that people leading the alliance (prominent names too, such as NitinA), who should be by the head multihunter's announcements well aware of the rules, aren't responsible for arranging a scale of cheating too. Especially if they have organized plans on how to use the excess planets. I'd define it as organized cheating coming from prominent members of the community, too.
Nah, the support planets rule was hazy and unclarified at the start of the round.

Quote:
Again, I'm only basing this on various sources. If required, I can talk more in private, but this isn't a place to spam with details.
Well, do you have 5 definite closed planets from either wolfpack or ct?

Quote:
Down to it, though, a cheating planet is a cheating planet, and is a member of an alliance, no matter what his/her nick is. The position in the alliance obviously makes difference, and the scale of the cheating (organizing an alliance level cheating, planetary level cheating, organizing against the rules support planets, be it whatever).
Your second sentence here does rather contradict the general gist of your post.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 9 May 2007 at 19:54.
JonnyBGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 May 2007, 19:41   #30
Tietäjä
Good Son

Maybe I was being unclear. What I tried to say, is, that a planet, or five planets, getting closed is players cheating. Once you organize a score of support players for an alliance, come up with plans on how you're able to bend the rules and avoid getting punished for it, that reaches a different level. A poor allegory would compare a pickpocket or street thief to a mafia. (to make it clear: both, given that they are against the rules, should lead to closure of the people in question. I just find the second particularily dire.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
Nah, the support planets rule was hazy and unclarified at the start of the round.
It's not the first time rules are changed or clarified midround. They're now very clear. And breaking them is against the rules.
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:03   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Maybe I was being unclear. What I tried to say, is, that a planet, or five planets, getting closed is players cheating. Once you organize a score of support players for an alliance, come up with plans on how you're able to bend the rules and avoid getting punished for it, that reaches a different level. A poor allegory would compare a pickpocket or street thief to a mafia. (to make it clear: both, given that they are against the rules, should lead to closure of the people in question. I just find the second particularily dire.)
Working out how to get around the rules isn't cheating, it's good strategy. Obviously when the rules are then changed mid-round it becomes awkward, what were they changed to, are x,y and z now prohibited? This wasn't exactly made very clear, as we can see by people asking what was allowed on PD. And again I haven't seen much difference between angels and wolfpack. However I'm pming you on irc now for details!

Quote:
It's not the first time rules are changed or clarified midround. They're now very clear. And breaking them is against the rules.
Yeah but as I said if both alliances have planets doing this and then one of the alliances has other forms of cheating going on the other alliance is obviously the bigger alliance in terms of cheating.
Unread 9 May 2007, 20:37   #32
TheSaint

TheSaint is an unknown quantity at this point

Angels! Into the sky to win or die!
Unread 9 May 2007, 23:08   #33
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

The point I think we're looking to grasp here is that a rule as uncertain as the support planets rule means that it moves, which means its subject to influence and having the goalposts moved and basically can be used as a nice strategy to get your opponents deleted if you can wangle your own brilliantly thought of interpretation. Likewise you can get out of it by giving your own brilliantly thought of interpretation. I'm not sure why we even call it a rule considering how ridiculously wide and flexible it is.
Unread 10 May 2007, 08:37   #34
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

On topic of Angels. Angels are influencing this round more than any other alliance. Because WolfPack released Angels coords, Angels have a bloodthirst for WolfPack and will keep hitting them 'till the end. This makes sure CT can slowly outgrow WolfPack by roiding WolfPack heavy galaxies etc. Angels says that once WolfPack is down, they'll switch to Conspiracy, but who are they kidding?
I mean seriously, three days ago Conspiracy fleetcaught an ND planet, when i asked drillmaster sgt. duck he said it was because this ND planet was the 2nd hostile planet against CT. Now, for those of you not watching the rankings, ND is way down there doing random gal raids (up until 2 days ago) and we hadn't talked to ANY alliances at all 'till then. So HOW ON EARTH can a member of an alliance that's doing random galraids become the 2nd hostile planet? The only way I can see that happening is:
1) A whole lot of coincidence.
AND
2) CT has had a pisseasy round incomewise.
OR
3) Sgt. duck is a liar
This round is just as politically screwed up as every round which Angels plays.
Outcome: Conspiracy wins, WolfPack, Angels and all other alliances lose. Who can we thank for this? Angels.

Last edited by cura; 10 May 2007 at 08:42.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 08:50   #35
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by cura
On topic of Angels. Angels are influencing this round more than any other alliance. Because WolfPack released Angels coords, Angels have a bloodthirst for WolfPack and will keep hitting them 'till the end. This makes sure CT can slowly outgrow WolfPack by roiding WolfPack heavy galaxies etc. Angels says that once WolfPack is down, they'll switch to Conspiracy, but who are they kidding?
I mean seriously, three days ago Conspiracy fleetcaught an ND planet, when i asked drillmaster sgt. duck he said it was because this ND planet was the 2nd hostile planet against CT. Now, for those of you not watching the rankings, ND is way down there doing random gal raids (up until 2 days ago) and we hadn't talked to ANY alliances at all 'till then. So HOW ON EARTH can a member of an alliance that's doing random galraids become the 2nd hostile planet? The only way I can see that happening is:
1) A whole lot of coincidence.
AND
2) CT has had a pisseasy round incomewise.
OR
3) Sgt. duck is a liar
This round is just as politically screwed up as every round which Angels plays.
Outcome: Conspiracy wins, WolfPack, Angels and all other alliances lose. Who can we thank for this? Angels.

Problem though, ND has never played for themselves this round, they've been in the pockets of WP since day 1.
Unread 10 May 2007, 08:54   #36
cura
Pro. Elbow Licker

cura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to beholdcura is a splendid one to behold

Because they took our members and made sure we had to play YET ANOTHER rebuild relaxed round? Yeah I can see how that would cause good relations.
No, we hadn't talked to WP untill 3 days ago.
cura is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 09:19   #37
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
On topic of Angels. Angels are influencing this round more than any other alliance. Because WolfPack released Angels coords, Angels have a bloodthirst for WolfPack and will keep hitting them 'till the end.
snip
we have angels to thank for WP releasing their co-ords and all other alliances loosing? i can see how they played a blinder there. gg superfly and the angels command

but then again i guess its easy to name a scapegoat for it, and round after round you all blame angels.

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....

Last edited by Mek; 10 May 2007 at 09:25.
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 09:48   #38
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

I think he means that because Angels can't look past something that happened and because of this refuses to work together with other alliances, just like it was in the past, Conspiracy will be able to win. It is history repeating every single round for Angels.
That's what I think he means anyway..
Sharur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 10:04   #39
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who's been noticing AD for any time will also notice that cura is just filled with nothing but hate for duck, because apparently it was his fault that ND lost r19. Seriously cura, shut up.

[16:10:34] <[lfc]stif|afk> "dont be the worst in your alliance, join CT. We have Arfy!"
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 10:14   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Because they took our members and made sure we had to play YET ANOTHER rebuild relaxed round? Yeah I can see how that would cause good relations.
No, we hadn't talked to WP untill 3 days ago.
So it was boohoo for 3 weeks then best buddies again.
Unread 10 May 2007, 10:38   #41
Bane
Shadows and Dust

Bane is on a distinguished road

I would like to jump on this 'we hate Duck' bandwagon so that I can add blame to him on being an 'angry' duck instead of being a 'happy' duck.

But seriously, Angels should not get involved in the CT/WP thing and just go ftw themselves!

R3 or so - Cell/Elysium
Looong break
R20 - Orbit
R21 - Subh (Finished rank 58)
8 year break
R60 - ND -> Ultores (Finished rank 48)
R61 - Rogues

14:05 <Swing> I wear a cape and a burger king paper crown when i play pa
14:10 <Zwanstic> u also talk alot of shit
14:14 <Blue_Esper> you're a weird unit
12:33 <hone> oddr is where we send all the semi retarded and gay bashing ult has beens LOL
12:34 <hone> thats where u should be swing lol
Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:04   #42
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

first of all Cura is a punk, and he's using ND (putting their members in the shit, this means that he is using ND's members, who will eventually pay for his pushing the aggression with their rounds being screwed because of constant retaliation and not enough fleets to cover anything, Simply so Cura can settle his own personal agenda.) CT did fleetcatch an ND planet who HAD been hostile to us numerous times and WAS hostile to us on the night in question. So we're supposed to give him a free pass because he's ND?...wrong answer.(keep in mind, I have friends in ND, long time friends, and I probably would have ordered the recall if it had been handled diplomatically instead of his just acting like he's a big deal and threatening CT.. we had no intel on the planet, so didn't know it was ND until he told us) HE Attacked CT, and didn't jgp himself before landing, thats on him. We responded to his attack, and it wouldn't matter if he attacked CT once or a hundred times, he attacked CT, so we are perfectly within our right to go after him and make sure that particular fleet doesn't show up on our radar for a while.

Second, as stated above, if Cura (or any ND HC/Officer) had pm'd me, and said "your fleetcatching a ND member", I would have seen this as "well no reason to worry about an alliance that's not in the top 10, we have bigger fish to fry" and I would have ordered it recalled. What sealed the deal was when punk boy threatened me... he chose to be a moron, as opposed to being civil, so we didn't pull. Apparently Cura is under the impression that being ND gives them a free pass to roid whoever they want, without being subject to retaliation, in which case, he is sadly mistaken.

If ND want's to fight Cura's little fight, his personal axe to grind, for him....more power to them, they have nothing to do with the fight for #1, they are not even close, so ALL they are is WP flak. What makes me laugh is, they always say, "we're no one's puppets" well don't look now......

edit: spelling

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 May 2007 at 11:13.
aNgRyDuCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:14   #43
Sharur
..yet opinionated

Sharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant futureSharur has a brilliant future

Was Cura the planet that was fleetcaught? If it is then duck is right. If it isn't, then how is Cura NOT defending his members by hitting CT in retalliation? I'd like to think that the alliance I'm in wouldn't just ignore me getting fleetcaught and losing all my ships, leaving me with a ruined round with no revenge.
Also, if Cura wasn't the planet that got fleetcaught, then it looks to me that your (duck) little rant is mainly trying to rally up the ND members against Cura, you know as well as I do that most people won't recall a fleetcatch where your alliance can win ships if they ask nicely. So don't try to feed us that bullcrap because I don't think any of the readers here are stupid enough to fall for it.

Last edited by Sharur; 10 May 2007 at 11:20.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:15   #44
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

On the bright side, at least ppl are fighting this round!
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:21   #45
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharur
Was Cura the planet that was fleetcaught? If it is then duck is right. If it isn't, then how is Cura NOT defending his members by hitting CT in retalliation? I'd like to think that the alliance I'm in wouldn't just ignore me getting fleetcaught and losing all my ships, leaving me with a ruined round with no revenge.
it was his bp member (atleast his galaxy), not his planet... I'm not saying ND shouldn't hit us.. it's not my place to decide what they hit, but they are in fact fighting Cura's little crusade for him, and when it's time to pay the bills, they are who will suffer for him attacking CT, not him. He can just sit back like usual and blame it all on everyone but hiself... or maybe he'll get hax0red again and send a phantom alliance wide mail to their members (basically he was caught in a bold face lie in round 19, sent a mail to the members of ND, then denied sending it in our HC channel. Ofcourse the alliance log showed him as the sender, so he claimed he "must have been hacked") Others can verify that, Assassin for example was there.

the point is, Cura has a personal axe to grind, his members shouldn't have to fight and get targetted because of his personal agenda, no HC should ever put their membership in that position. I'm certainly not trying to rally ND's members to do anything. Those who wanted to leave before round 20 did leave, those who wanted to stay stayed, no big deal. I'm simply pointing out the root of Cura's anger and how he is using ND's members to support his personal agenda

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 May 2007 at 11:42.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:22   #46
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Its a definition question really. If someone fleetcatches one of your members, i would try to get him rebuilt and happy roiding elsewhere. Having a grudge against an ally because one of your members are fleetcaught is rather silly especially when cura apperantly acted like a dick when asking to get ct to recall.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:31   #47
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
Its a definition question really. If someone fleetcatches one of your members, i would try to get him rebuilt and happy roiding elsewhere. Having a grudge against an ally because one of your members are fleetcaught is rather silly especially when cura apperantly acted like a dick when asking to get ct to recall.
Cura's grudge isn't about an ND planet being fleetcaught, it's Cura using it as an excuse to bitch moan and complain about me, and CT... end of the day, it's his agenda, and ND is going to have to tow the load for his hostility. You would think that as HC of an alliance, you would do what you can to put your members in the best possible position to have good planets, especially if your small and know your not fighting for #1, You certainly wouldn't start crap with an alliance twice your size knowing they'd eventually get sick of your crap and blast your planets into parking lots. He didn't "ask" me to get a recall, he threatened me, and after the threat, why the hell would I even consider cutting the planet in question a break... There are about 50 different scenario's that would had resulted in my ordering a recall, Cura chose the one that didn't. You would think that after all these rounds he would have been smart enough to know he wasn't going to get anywhere with me, let alone threatening me and CT, there are plenty of ppl in ND that I consider a friend, and any one of them would have gotten a completely different result. By the way, this isn't a rant, simply explaining the view from my side of the table. If ND continues to hit CT, that's certainly their choice, and this is a war game, but you better damn well believe that every roid they take, we are going to take back plus interest.

With that in mind, this thread wasn't created to discuss Cura's hard on for me, and CT. I've made my point ,feel free to pm me on IRC if you have questions...

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 May 2007 at 11:46.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:32   #48
Sharur
..yet opinionated

I don't know, it looks to me that Cura is just doing his best to protect his members, if I was the person that got fleetcaught I'd be happy that my HC is doing what they can to make sure I feel like I got my revenge, if it means an alliance with twice as many members to target me then so be it. Atleast I got their attention and they know they can't just bully me around by fleetcatching me without consequences.
I also can't know if Cura is infact not doing anything at all, if he isn't doing anything then shame on him. I'm sure his members will let him know what they feel about him when the time comes.

But just for the record, ND (ranked 15 with 30ish members) is targetting CT (ranked 2 with max members) and no of the other alliances get involved? The fact if Cura screwed up totally besides the question, but it looks to me that ND atleast has the balls to fight this round, unlike most other alliances.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:50   #49
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

Quote:
I don't know, it looks to me that Cura is just doing his best to protect his members, if I was the person that got fleetcaught I'd be happy that my HC is doing what they can to make sure I feel like I got my revenge, if it means an alliance with twice as many members to target me then so be it. Atleast I got their attention and they know they can't just bully me around by fleetcatching me without consequences.
I also can't know if Cura is infact not doing anything at all, if he isn't doing anything then shame on him. I'm sure his members will let him know what they feel about him when the time comes.

But just for the record, ND (ranked 15 with 30ish members) is targetting CT (ranked 2 with max members) and no of the other alliances get involved? The fact if Cura screwed up totally besides the question, but it looks to me that ND atleast has the balls to fight this round, unlike most other alliances.
you don't have to be intelligent to off yourself, you simply have to know how to make the cut. Remember that their planet Attacked CT, and as a RESULT, was fleetcaught. Getting your entire alliance involved in an unneccesary fire fight with an alliance twice your size isn't protecting your members, it's throwing them under the bus to cover your own personal agenda. Thier planet attacked CT, CT responded, it should have, and could have stopped there.

Like I said above, this isn't about an ND planet being fleetcaught, it's about Cura looking for an excuse to start crap with me and CT, and he's going to get his members fragged for it.. Nice work

Last edited by aNgRyDuCk; 10 May 2007 at 11:59.
Unread 10 May 2007, 11:56   #50
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts

CT grew tired of hitting their own members galaxies?

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote