User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Closed Thread
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 23:17   #1
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice
[Declined] Structure Armour

I today got roided .
I then found out I have lost structures. I am a alliance Scanner, I did have 94 amps, and 104 structures. So I guess that I hadd lost some amps wich wouldn't be so bad. I then looked at the breport and found out that I hadd lost 2 FACTORIES, and 2 sec centers.

They was in the 6% wich was not amps. I joined support and asked how that could happend. I was in the beliving that Struct killers should attack randomly at the Structures. and I got told that to. So I then started to think.

Factories are the structures that make's it possible to defend your own planet. Without them, your nothing.

So I suggest there should be different Armour on different structures.
Factories should have high armour. amps/disorters/res labs/sec centers/ etc wich is not so important for your planet running, should have lower armour.

It still need to be that the struct killers attack randomly , or attacking the struct who there is most of. Like other ships do. ( they say its random now, but most likly you will lose a factory anyways )

What does everyone think ?
Unread 2 Jun 2005, 23:30   #2
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough
Re: Structure Armour

yes i notice this despite having 20+ amps and 15+ sec center and 20+ fin center, my 3 factories got destroyed, in a coupla landings :/, is there some bias toward destroying factorys or am i just damn unlucky :/
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 00:46   #3
noah02
The Original Terran

noah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond reputenoah02 has a reputation beyond repute

i think it kinda works down the list :/
Coz no matter how much i got of everything else if i lose one structure it would always be the light factory first and so on.
always seems to hit amps etc... last.

Written by Kloopy Wed Mar 16 22:06:43 2005

Retired just for a bit....

Proud to have been 1up, SiN, Wolfpack, Bluetuba and the leader of ARK.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 07:12   #4
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by noah02
i think it kinda works down the list :/
No. It works by finding out how many structures are killed (damage done / 500) then randomly picks one from each available type. So if you have 1 of each fac, and 100 amps, you have a 3/4 chance per structure lost of losing a fac. The math gets a bit hairier if you look at it in detail, but that's the gist of it.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 07:50   #5
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
No. It works by finding out how many structures are killed (damage done / 500) then randomly picks one from each available type. So if you have 1 of each fac, and 100 amps, you have a 3/4 chance per structure lost of losing a fac. The math gets a bit hairier if you look at it in detail, but that's the gist of it.
to be honest, i dont think it works..
Ive had 60 termites land on me, no def, i never lost on amp, despite having 90% of them..
I havent lost one amp all round, except to covop, and i have lost my factories numerous of times..

Either the code isnt working, or i believe its fcked up..

Proud to be Newdawn
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 07:58   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Ive had 60 termites land on me, no def, i never lost on amp, despite having 90% of them..
I havent lost one amp all round, except to covop, and i have lost my factories numerous of times..

That isnt what he said. He said that if you had four types of structure - 3 factories and amps, then 3/4 of the time you'll loose a factory and 1/4 time you'd loose an amp.

Considering that there are like 11 types of structure, the probability of loosing an amp is quite low. the reletive probability of loosing a factory is considerably higher.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 08:31   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
Consider how many attacks land with SKs. Consider then that there is a rather large chance that some of these attacks never destroy an amp. Henceforth, consider the likelihood of at least one person not losing an amp to SKs all round. Should that likelihood be lower than 0.025%, you may be on to something.

Quote:
Believe all you want. I'll stick to my assumption that coincidences happen.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 08:33   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

I see.

The way it should work is that each structure has an equal chance of being hit as any other. So if 80% of your structures are amps then 80% of the structures that you lose will be amps. The current way of calcing it is silly.

Oh, and to answer Spritfire's question, I disagree. All structures should have the same armour.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 08:57   #9
Banned
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
I see.

The way it should work is that each structure has an equal chance of being hit as any other. So if 80% of your structures are amps then 80% of the structures that you lose will be amps. The current way of calcing it is silly.
If you search PS and its under forums I think you'll find that this has been approved. If someone (a mod perhaps?) could be bothered to make a singe thread with a list of suggested features with status denied, approved, pending or open to discussion, that would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Oh, and to answer Spritfire's question, I disagree. All structures should have the same armour.
I dunno, it might make for some interesting options.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 11:17   #10
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
If you search PS and its under forums I think you'll find that this has been approved. If someone (a mod perhaps?) could be bothered to make a singe thread with a list of suggested features with status denied, approved, pending or open to discussion, that would be much appreciated.
I'll get onto that once i have sorted out my 6k Cath CR incoming.

Sigh @ Roaches :\
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 11:20   #11
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

The part about losing factories than other structures. I only know from my planet that I have allways lost factories and never amps.

Can we get back to the point about different armour on different structures ?
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 11:33   #12
Cannon_Fodder

Cannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldCannon_Fodder spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
That isnt what he said. He said that if you had four types of structure - 3 factories and amps, then 3/4 of the time you'll loose a factory and 1/4 time you'd loose an amp.

Considering that there are like 11 types of structure, the probability of loosing an amp is quite low. the reletive probability of loosing a factory is considerably higher.
Maybe, but every brep i've seen, including my own results in every factory killed and despite most having at least one of nearly all of the structures. I dont believe there is an equal chance involved here..

I also dont think there should be different armour for structures..
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 12:04   #13
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

even if factories have a higher chance on getting destroyed.. what is the problem? in a 'real' war you would go for the constructions that are potentionally the most harmfull to you. And those are in this game the factories that produce ships, any 'smart' commander would try to nuke those first

I still think though there should be some repair option for destroyed buildings, much like the production page. I.e. you had 4 constructions destroyed, the que to repair a construction would be 4 ticks, and you can repair all the 4 constructions at once at the cost of say 50% of the current construction cost. That way the nuking of building is less disruptive, but still a viable tactic. With this option the qued ship productions would have to hold though, if the required factory is destroyed.
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 21:32   #14
ANdrode
..comeback kid

ANdrode is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandows
I still think though there should be some repair option for destroyed buildings, much like the production page. I.e. you had 4 constructions destroyed, the que to repair a construction would be 4 ticks, and you can repair all the 4 constructions at once at the cost of say 50% of the current construction cost. That way the nuking of building is less disruptive, but still a viable tactic. With this option the qued ship productions would have to hold though, if the required factory is destroyed.
construction salvage?
Unread 3 Jun 2005, 23:12   #15
teknik
Antagonist

teknik has a spectacular aura aboutteknik has a spectacular aura about

isn't the whole point of SK's that they are meant to be debilitating?

besides more armor wouldnt solve the problem, people would just buy more SKs
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 11:25   #16
madman2k30III

madman2k30III can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
yes i notice this despite having 20+ amps and 15+ sec center and 20+ fin center, my 3 factories got destroyed, in a coupla landings :/, is there some bias toward destroying factorys or am i just damn unlucky :/

i agree with this fully. it aint random every attack i had against me that had struct killers my factories allways got destroyed nothing else just my factories.. they need better defence

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[F-Crew]
You know when you've been [FC]ucked

Unread 10 Jun 2005, 16:46   #17
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

armour isn;t the problem, the targetting is, thats what needs fixing first - declined for now

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread