User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Jun 2008, 13:29   #1
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Small "bug" for ETD in quests

orly
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:09   #2
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Appearantly there was some kind of bug in my original post too (since it's not showing up ) so I'll post it again.

In the quests it states that you need to build a light factory so you get rewards & can move on to the other quests.
ETD however has no fi or co class ships so for them building a light factory is kinda useless.
The idea behind quests was to offer a helping hand towards new people so they have a bit of ingame guidelines on how to set up their planet. "Forcing" them to build a structure that is completly useless for ETD is kinda contradicting to that.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:17   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Hey this is pretty clever, I hadn't thought of it. Please change to "build a factory of any type".
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:32   #4
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Hey this is pretty clever, I hadn't thought of it. Please change to "build a factory of any type".
That would be a quick and effective way to fix it.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 14:54   #5
Sleepless
Estharian

Sleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

So is this fixed yet?

-=Estharian Since R4=-
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 15:45   #6
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Well spotted

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 16:04   #7
jelle
LCH

jelle is an unknown quantity at this point

then wtf does xan need to research siege for sk's (the rounds they didnt have cr/bs). but then again its PA

JNC - One Addiction, One Passion and One Goal

16:57 [Satyr] gonna play speedy tomorrow dude?
16:58 [Satyr] need a couple of gays to have some fun
14:44 [@Oizo]: i need more penis
22:27 [@Jumper] im not hardcock

Viking hoisting the Raven Banner high!
jelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 16:20   #8
[DW]Entropy
Ent|lunch

[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold[DW]Entropy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelle
then wtf does xan need to research siege for sk's (the rounds they didnt have cr/bs). but then again its PA
i don't believe siege weapons where a requirement for the beginners quest

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results."

"Ars longa, vita brevis, occasio praeceps, experimentum periculosum, iudicium difficile"
[DW]Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 18:21   #9
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
yes, please.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 19:01   #10
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
read post by entropy, i'm talking about the quests not normal playing.

Also, as Xan you needed heavy factories to make SK's, so researching siege weapons for them makes sense...

Last edited by Veedeejem!; 2 Jun 2008 at 19:07.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 20:46   #11
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Why change this ?

Last round cath needed to research fr/de class. Without having any fr/de at all.
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 21:17   #12
Fatrick
Farmer Smurf

Fatrick can only hope to improve

thats slightly different..it makes sense to be able to progress fr/de technology before starting bs/cr. at least you didnt have to build a med factory to complete the quest tho

I have no rival; No man can be my equal
Fatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 22:01   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Because siege weapons gives cr/bs AND an SK, regardless of what class it's in; not cr/bs, and an SK if it happens to be in those classes.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Jun 2008, 23:36   #14
jelle
LCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DW]Entropy
i don't believe siege weapons where a requirement for the beginners quest
I know, just something that bothered me previous rounds

Unread 2 Jun 2008, 23:37   #15
jelle
LCH

Quote:
Because siege weapons gives cr/bs AND an SK, regardless of what class it's in; not cr/bs, and an SK if it happens to be in those classes.

Unread 3 Jun 2008, 08:02   #16
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire
Why change this ?

Last round cath needed to research fr/de class. Without having any fr/de at all.
Read the ****ing topic plz! (or atleast read posts in the thread)

As I said before, I'm not talking about normal play like xan having to research siege for their sk or cath having to research fr/de to reach cr/bs...

I'll say this again, and this time I'll put it in bold & caps for certain ppl who have trouble with reading:
The topic is about ETD having to build a light factory IN THE QUESTS.

edit: plz don't make me get out colours!

Unread 3 Jun 2008, 08:28   #17
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

good point, should be fixed if its sposed to be a beginners guide thingy.

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 09:18   #18
Daynan

Daynan is an unknown quantity at this point

what are the chances that someone will see this and fix it before the round starts?
Daynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 09:49   #19
Sleepless
Estharian

Sleepless is an unknown quantity at this point

heh PA Team wake up and read this shit!

-=Estharian Since R4=-
Sleepless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Jun 2008, 15:07   #20
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

I reported it to sale yesterday in #support...
Depends on Cin though to put it into the code I guess.

Unread 6 Jun 2008, 14:33   #21
Machado
Seraphim

Machado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the roughMachado is a jewel in the rough

Any updates on this?
Unread 6 Jun 2008, 20:02   #22
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Fix it plz.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2008, 04:38   #23
Daynan

Daynan is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daynan
what are the chances that someone will see this and fix it before the round starts?

Well? Guess I've got my answer...
Daynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2008, 08:16   #24
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate
Fix it plz.
apparently the answer was no poor ETDs. this was one of the 2 reasons i didn't go ETD this round myself. (other was that i did the other emp race last round)
Unread 7 Jun 2008, 09:17   #25
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Any reason for not fixing it?

Like 'new players who go etd deserve a kick in the balls', or something stupid like that?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2008, 10:08   #26
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:

Like 'new players who go etd deserve a kick in the balls', or something stupid like that?
Well, i suppose if said new ETD player gets covert opped by that nasty factory killing one, there is less chance of that covert op killing something useful.

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Jun 2008, 13:18   #27
Ghosteh
Pariah

Ghosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the roughGhosteh is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

As the fifth and bastard child race, a thousand times yes
Ghosteh is offline   Reply With Quote