User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 2 Dec 2007, 00:28   #1
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

Karo is on a distinguished road
Knock out round or Land Player wins

or something of the sort I been talking this idea for a bit. some of you who play star fury or space battle or any of the other same games as me hehehe who have something simular in name to 'last man standing' ' knockout cup' or anything.. I finaly did a breif and sent to the boss man and he suggested I post here and see what all thinks of the idea of another pa side game

and I lost you all dint I? hehe ya figures! I was never any good at speaches

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

----- Original Message -----
To: appoccomaster
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2007 4:40 PM
Subject: last man standing (' knock out round ' or whatever you wish to call it :P )

star fury and a couple other games has a game called " last man standing" " kill to the last man' 'knock out cup' yes those are the 3 names used.. but pa can use their own version of name:P

basicly it is a compatition to see who can stay in the game the longest. sf's version is 1 min ticks and lasts a day if the players last that long.. that is.. there is been a round or 2 where it went on 2 days so depends on how good one's strategy is is depends on how long one lasts in a game and the round goes on...
NO alliances. NO defences those are all turned off. this is to see how YOU play the game. and how long you last in it.
they limited the ships you can build.. and gave you half your researches and half of your buildings( in pa's case structure) so you only had half to build on.
protection mode was cut in half , so that peeps can come out fighting as soon as it was over. hehehe it was wild!
the best I lasted was #78 not bad really since there was 500 peeps playing that round. but once they got up to 1k players I never lasted that long.lol as I was always ganged up on.lol
so in breif.

1)allinaces was disabled
2)defence sending was disabled
3) etas was cut to half time
4) ships was limited to how much you could have built at a time
5)researches was half done
6) constructs half done
7)protection has halfed
8)confirmed kills are in sf under 10 roids left.or your planet is totaly emilated whatever came first.
9)1 min ticks 1 day rounds ( or to the last player standing, depending on what occures first)

object of game
see how long you last before your killed off. to the last man still playing. a game of will and skill.

YES it is a brutal game! but alot of peeps come back for it over and over again just for that version of whatever game is being plaid star fury's version is the most brutal as you could die off in a matter of seconds after getting out of newb mode.lol

so that is it in breif. we can chat more on this to give you better feel for it. or you could play star fury this weekend as they are running to last man standing rounds this weekend on the ares server or was it the eclipse server> I am sure it was the ares one.lol sorry have not checked my email on that part since I first got it..

k take care and laters.

~Karo~

I am the most eveilest of goddesses!:P beware my wrath!
mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Karo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 02:42   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Knock out round or Land Player wins

and we should copy it because........
Unread 2 Dec 2007, 03:12   #3
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

be to much to ask for star fury link .

i guess agood fellow can get newsy and see when ppl team togeter or is that something as bee made to avoid that case .

ex , scan you ,see you hit x:x:y than y:y:x hit im , than you do again .....

Unread 3 Dec 2007, 10:17   #4
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

lol you always this sardonic furbal?:P
PA is not an orignal idea either. so you want to shut down pa?

not enough times to do scans Bbud2 so guess no scans done.lol
told ya it is a brutal game and lots of peeps keep coming back over and over again for the abuse.

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 10:24   #5
lenore
Coder/Fixer/Lover/Winnah

lenore has a spectacular aura aboutlenore has a spectacular aura about

sorry, how is it decided that a planet is "killed off" or not?
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 12:34   #6
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo
lol you always this sardonic furbal?:P
PA is not an orignal idea either. so you want to shut down pa?
Actually, Planetarion was an original idea. Obviously the space-warfare concepts came from various sources, but it was Spinner who came up with the tick-based concept and the massively multiplayer side of things. Many many games copied PA, but PA was the first.

Secondly, I don't see how such a game bears any real relation to Planetarion, and I don't see an argument for completely changing it.
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 12:45   #7
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Karo's suggestion is not to change PA, but to run a last man standing game aside from the main game.

It's essentially a more ruthless and brutal version of the current speed game set up, condensed into one or two days, so on that basis it bears a very real and direct relation to Planetarion :P

Though, as sum1 else said, I would like to know at what point a planet is deemed to be 'killed off'
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 13:26   #8
Bbud2
Banned

Bbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really niceBbud2 is just really nice

Karo , lol

now i dont get it , wha you mean by not enough time , you gonna get me saying nasty word . Only jack ass such as the last one , puss .
Claiming that he are worth somehtin and no delivering it , such as some crew even needing to turn around and ask other peeps to be thec.

Evil player are nasty ppl , anoing but wont go naping you .
Maybe f you get to be twice , than 3 time bigger than any player , you can try to get nap .

Ttribal war is brutal pa is soft , filled whit unworthy player such as you and kargool , so return a favor . Carring more since ou can get taxe out of player.

From what i heard from ppl around as a guy that been around many place.
A bunch programor ,, in need of job that made this in theyr spar time , first usng a other game ``script`` than after a few time , they got ppl offering to buy because they got www.pa.com .

wont get much more ppl here , unless you take care of the kargool(tgv) puss(ass) devlin , and few more other ppl . assasin like and stuff (buzzing around but aint worth much more than trouble)

but i guess that it s pretty good since if you want to have a decent planet you need a 17 hours activity , and pray that kargool like dont just fleet catch you because they wanted to sleep .

Even if that human nature , rule are made so we can let them go and rule will control devil side.

still not to many hard felingtoward puss he only making is allaince to get in hc place and feel good , do the hc stuff . but still try not to lie to memeber you recruit.

For karo kargool that seem to light theyr self up the next step is to take plane and watch trew the window to see where you going whit your account .... :wink:

Wort than cheater you are , but that is part of the game .... guess the dumass move
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 14:18   #9
DarkHeart

DarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really niceDarkHeart is just really nice

Karo meant with 1 minute ticks, its hard to keep up with everything going on . Lay off her, shes a good un, and she hasnt been offensive to you :P
DarkHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 14:44   #10
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

furball: you will have every game saying they are orignal. even jumpgate claims they are orignal I am been with jg since 1999, I been asscociated with eve since 2004, been with pia since 2002, sf since 2000,sb since 2000 and the list goes on. with the earliest of these in 1999, all ideas come from someplace and everyone claims to be orignal.. but if you look at the history of all games they all have a root some place, and all to be honest:P if you thinks about it comes from a nice oooooooooold game called galaga and I am sure alot of you ooooold farts like myself remember that atari game!.lol

and where in my post does it say CHANGE the game.. I thought I said side game or something to the effect.. you have speed rounds as a side game.. why not knockout round? in between rounds etc..

Bbud2 ; EH?:O

DarkHeart ; *blush* aaaw golly geee! ty and yes exsactly 1 min ticks you dont have time to scan

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 14:47   #11
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

I like the idea, I would play, though its basically beta all over again, but at least someone might have the chance of gaining something other than bragging rights

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 14:51   #12
Bbud2
Banned

Talking Re: Knock out round or Land Player wins

got to apologize if i got something wrong in theyr .

said wasn't nice and directed toward my capacity to be a nice player .

:crymeariver: isn't like kinda of thing i do to often , wining more my style , so took the time to send some direct shoot , maybe goddess of universe was a little offensive since i see my self , or until a few time ago , as the supreme master of my life .

and got piss a litle since i couldn't get starfury url , to try it out .

still to give forum to furball is ..... for a 500k player market , getting 1k ins't something that you would call , good .
to shut the f up , make sure your player dont use the forum to tell thing and not bak them up .

and a top 100 player should be able to get a alliance , as if i come out 72 tick and am top 10 , wont end up in tgv and get account crush by devlin that will feed you to is galaxies to have a shoot at being a top 50 galaxie . :crymeariver:

don't really like week havoc , nasty for the brain , first time i got fleet caught , because i was top 5 (beta round 5) was to try new specie

try to answer to several person in the same tread . pa is a 1999 game i think . coming from the dungeon dragon game . which seem to have been took out circulation.
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 16:18   #13
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
Actually, Planetarion was an original idea. Obviously the space-warfare concepts came from various sources, but it was Spinner who came up with the tick-based concept and the massively multiplayer side of things. Many many games copied PA, but PA was the first.
Utopia?
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Dec 2007, 21:09   #14
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

pm me furry one , I dont thinks we is allowed to give other game urls on here. and the last man standing round on sf was only this weekend the only last a day that is how fast they run and they run it between merlin er columbus rounds or between apollo er ( is still getting use to the new server names) orion rounds.. but I can keep you posted on when next one is up and running.

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 00:05   #15
furball

I don't play Planetarion anymore, let alone starting playing other online games.
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 05:13   #16
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

If there was such a speedgame, i'd give it a try. Sounds much better than dull Havoc anyway.
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 14:34   #17
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

*burts out laughing at furry one's comment of no play game* then why are you playing devil's advecate here? why does a game your not going to play even make you make comments?.lol

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 16:08   #18
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karo
*burts out laughing at furry one's comment of no play game* then why are you playing devil's advecate here? why does a game your not going to play even make you make comments?.lol
Believe it or not, it's still possible to care about PA and its community without playing the game itself. Further, I played Rounds 3-16, so I know a huge amount about the history of the game and its old mechanics (e.g. 3-tick attacking, 6-tick defence).

Also, I'm not playing devil's advocate. I just don't agree with you.
Unread 4 Dec 2007, 16:36   #19
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

Re: Knock out round or Last Player wins

aaaah yes BUT what is there to agree ot disagree on?
this is just and idea.. on a side game in between rounds just like havoc is.. but not like havoc

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 7 Dec 2007, 16:31   #20
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

lol you used to play sf aswell karo? With same nick or not. I used to play the game years ago, with stord and kifaya "rady" and even bluey used to play it hehe.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2007, 17:28   #21
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

yep I use to play sf ok I sort of still do..

rady is cool
then there was rask,ages,dayam
sarah is back she is the one who took over the coding from jam and cwilms.I am the one who is supose to be doing the gfx, but can only do so much with the material given.lol and other then karo enigma is my other nick and evil goddess when I am in a devious moood:evil:

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 7 Dec 2007, 20:29   #22
RuBBeR
speCTacular

RuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura aboutRuBBeR has a spectacular aura about

lol ev0l_rask hehe. But yeah I think their still working on sf-x now. Haven't really had the time to test it yet. But then again I really shouldn't be wasting my time on a game with a player base less then 100.
R30 BREAK

RuBBeR has a speCTacular aura about
RuBBeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 02:29   #23
Karo
~Evil Goddess Universe~

they just did the first run a couple weeks ago on the updated sfx.. sarah has her work cut out for her, because she has to edit around cwilms version that was buggy.lol I was part of the orignal sfx and when it crashed and sf whent down totaly.lol that was whn the talks started to give the game to the players..

NOW to bring this topic back to where it was

er what was we talking about agian.lol

mowahahahahahahaa!!!!

did you believe me?
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 07:56   #24
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
this is not true, there were plenty of games before PA which were tick based and mpogd's however PA was advertised the best during the internet boom in da skools era
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 14:50   #25
furball

Alright. To be honest my memory is a little edgy.
Unread 9 Dec 2007, 14:54   #26
Bbud2
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
this is not true, there were plenty of games before PA which were tick based and mpogd's however PA was advertised the best during the internet boom in da skools era

ya he deleted the tread where i was sying that to im
shame is that pa had trouble in begining and they actualy restarted the game until they got enough serious player because a game like this cannot really live unless she get is sitter .(school do not allow you to get kick out of class to chek your account , only to be kick outta class)
but personally i kinda of miss the pay per clik game where you could actualy win money , wich they use to promote these game . at a price of 2 $ per dvd , and .50 cent a shirt this could be nice . Am sure some they could find sponsor to put these game bak .

Last edited by Bbud2; 9 Dec 2007 at 15:03.
Bbud2 is offline   Reply With Quote