User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 21 Jan 2006, 04:44   #1
Umeboshi

Cathaar Zikonian question

If a Cathaar and Zikonian attack one target, is it possible to steal the EMPed ships?
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 05:16   #2
coffee-
Beoyotch

coffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nicecoffee- is just really nice
Re: Cathaar Zikonian question

Unless things have changed for this round, in regards to this, then yes you are able to steal EMPed ships.
coffee- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 05:47   #3
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Erm... The question is I guess that if a Cath attacks together with a zik, if the zik will steal the caths ships. Then the answer is no.
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 09:01   #4
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve

Kargool don't confuse the poor lad.

Yes, EMPed ships can be stolen.
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 11:46   #5
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umeboshi
If a Cathaar and Zikonian attack one target, is it possible to steal the EMPed ships?
Yes.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jan 2006, 12:40   #6
paolo
Kwaak

paolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to allpaolo is a name known to all

When you both attack the same planet (say 1:1:1) and land at the same tick, you both fire at the same fleet. Since cathaar ships fire first, they freeze or EMP the ships. When you fire at (and try to steal) the fleet, you also fire at the frozen or EMPed ships. You still get a shot at the whole fleet so to speak, since the frozen ships don't die.
(and with this i hope you understand cathaar also has killing ships with the consequence of the target's ships dieing. You can't steal the destroyed ships. Sorry for stating the obvious.)
paolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 03:58   #7
Bromcrysal
We are but Men... ROCK!

Bromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura aboutBromcrysal has a spectacular aura about

you mean... if the afforementioned attack occurrs with a cath and, say, a Terran. The terran's targeting doesn't give prescedance to the ships that are still moving? I would think that I would like my ships to kill those that could conceiveably kill/steal me back.
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:20   #8
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromcrysal
you mean... if the afforementioned attack occurrs with a cath and, say, a Terran. The terran's targeting doesn't give prescedance to the ships that are still moving? I would think that I would like my ships to kill those that could conceiveably kill/steal me back.
You've got the realism point there... but with respect to the coders... it'd be a real pain to code I imagine... especially as most of combat is hardcoded anyway isn't it?

I may completely missing the boat here, so ignore as necessary
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:33   #9
Cowmando
is your god

Cowmando is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that you did fire at unfrozen ships b4 fireing at frozen ones but i must have been wrong
Cowmando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 04:45   #10
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

I don't think you're wrong.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 06:36   #11
Appanouki

Appanouki can only hope to improve

Would not be hard to test this. Computer says.... OHH GOD YEESSSSS!!!!!!
Appanouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jan 2006, 14:58   #12
Victuri

Quote:
as banned already said yes, remembering past rounds get a friend who is emp and attack with him, youd be amazed at how effective it is, you get ships he gets roids (you can nab a few roids too)
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 05:22   #13
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

Heck why not just give Zik the ability to make emp ships?

Joking of course. This was done in round 2 before there were races.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jan 2006, 13:17   #14
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm really getting into making pointless posts. So even though this has been said many times above me: Yes.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote