User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Apr 2008, 04:06   #1
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about
Why...

does PA seem so dead compared to when i last played?
i havent played since around r16 and it seems like there aren't NEARLY as many players, irc is usually dead, and the forums are dead - maybe like one post a day. whats going on here?
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 05:47   #2
Jezz84
DDK

Jezz84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why...

theres nob all players left

DDK - Death Defying Killaz
JoV - Joy of Villainy
FAnG - Furious Angels Next Generation
Eclipse - Eclipse
CT- Conspiracy Theory
VS - Volkstaat
Urwins - Urwins
NoX - NoX

Jezz84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 09:48   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

One post a day? You must be reading a different forum than I am.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 17:05   #4
zebra
h3ll's angels

zebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to beholdzebra is a splendid one to behold

Start a(nother) thread about 1up vs exilition then.
[18:04] * h3ll has quit IRC (Ping timeout)
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Apr 2008, 21:56   #5
-=Yggdra=-
Jack In The Box

-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about-=Yggdra=- has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
Start a(nother) thread about 1up vs exilition then.
Oh yeah. That would be hell-a-fun
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 07:30   #6
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about

Not enough n00bs anymore. And the ones that probably would have something interesting to say have either been flamed, or banned out of this forum

And now that there's no private gals, n00bs catches up with veterans too fast.

Most likely i think we need more players, to make it chaotic enough to be fun. Honestly i think we need more alliances like Asc, last round. Compared to this round, i think Asc made the difference. Atleast i find this round boring, since ppl hardly whine anymore

Last edited by Pilatus; 13 Apr 2008 at 07:37.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 20:01   #7
Kenny

Can't say I didn't try...
Unread 13 Apr 2008, 23:50   #8
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

Why these forums are dead probably has more reasons but one of them are the moderators on these forums, and sorry, you too Lokken. As much as I like you as a person, I do not like the way these forums are moderated.
When someone tries to write something to liven up the forum, for instance in this thread, then it immediatly gets closed down. I don't see why that shouldn't be posted on AD. Those people saying it should be posted on PD probably didn't even bother to read it.

In fact, every thread that stops being 100% dead-serious is deleted, everyone that tries to be funny is banned or censored.
Meanwhile everyone is moaning about freedom of speech in China!

I mean, this is a game lads, a game. People play it and read these forums to waste their spare time. Stop being so tight-arsed about it, and then maybe people will bother again to read and post here, which wouldn't be bad for the rapidly declining playerbase.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 00:13   #9
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

at least he banned Stoom...
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 02:18   #10
Bubert Samson
Come Closer, I Have Candy

Bubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the roughBubert Samson is a jewel in the rough

Ive been away from PA for a few months and I am a bit surprised to see that the issues have not changed. I am frankly worried that if I buy credits I might not get compensation from Jolt should the game go under (though I was happy to see that the current player numbers overall have stayed about the same since r23).

Free play or bust

[ROCK] || Conspiracy Theory || Ascendancy

Rounds Played: 3-9 16-19 23-33

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
- Edgar Allan Poe
Bubert Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 09:44   #11
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

can someone plz make a troll account and go post some completely useless, not understandable rubble, while still being able to piss people off?

plz?

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 15:01   #12
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

I think the deadness of this forum has multiple causes:

1) A lot of the old frequent posters that made the board alive don't post anymore. I kinda miss it when Kjeldoran was posting +-15 posts a day (though at the time i really hated reading them). There were alot of characters on this forum and when they left hardly anybody actually stepped up.

2) Alliances don't publicly trashtalk to eachother on forums anymore. Most of the time when there is actually a post about a war between certain alliances hc's forbid their members to even post in the thread.

3) Alot of players hardly ever read the forums or post on the forums.
Mainly because it is considered elitist. New people that do post on the forums are hardly welcomed with open arms.

4) Alot of people consider these forums as Ascendancy's little personal playground. Hardly ever is there a thread created that doesn't result in certain people either trolling the crap out of it or going wildly offtopic with posts like: Planetarion is all about Ascendancy ...
This is not what the general playerbase of planetarion is dying to read, yet it happens all the time.
+ (and no offence to JBG and Lokken) having Ascendancy moderators doesn't really improve the situation.

+ I also agree with what Riddim said in his post and I have no idea why Kenny's thread needed to be closed. There have been far far worse threads that were allowed to remain open.

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 20:26   #13
exblade
that one dude

exblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura aboutexblade has a spectacular aura about

i vote that to liven things up a bit everyone outside of top ten should block together and take out like ND or NoX or somethin... ya know? could you imagine like PATSA, Redemption, ASS, Hidden Agenda, Howling Rain and F-Crew taking out Jenova or somethin? ha i can see it now - theyd be like "you got PHHRASS-Fcukd"
ROCK - DC [ROCK]
The Galactic Vikings - DC [TGV]
Vengeance - DC [VGN]
CareBears - DC [CB]

Rounds 9.5,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,26,27,28,38
exblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 20:33   #14
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I can primarily see them crashing a lot.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 20:45   #15
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

They'd still win due to sheer weight of numbers
Unread 14 Apr 2008, 23:38   #16
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
They'd still win due to sheer weight of numbers
Organising a mass of players like that would be a logistical nightmare, the efficiency would be so low that it wouldn't be feasible at all. Not for more than a few days at most, anyway. Not with the amount of good HC/Officer material currently in the game.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2008, 14:08   #17
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by exblade
i vote that to liven things up a bit everyone outside of top ten should block together and take out like ND or NoX or somethin... ya know? could you imagine like PATSA, Redemption, ASS, Hidden Agenda, Howling Rain and F-Crew taking out Jenova or somethin? ha i can see it now - theyd be like "you got PHHRASS-Fcukd"

this actually shouldn't be that hard to organise
with two active commanders of every alliance in one channel.
and i know every of those alliances have atleast two competent commanders to help organise this.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 May 2008, 18:21   #18
Donar

Donar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really niceDonar is just really nice

you set it up exblade and i'll come with you
Unread 3 May 2008, 23:24   #19
Sebos

Sebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the roughSebos is a jewel in the rough

to be fair tho with PATSA on board should we just not insta win?? must be some kind of function delete roids or delete ships oh wait there is a delete account button

im all for this idea! closing planets to get redemption to #1 ftw!!!
Sebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 May 2008, 21:50   #20
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

do what myself and a few others have done... join ogame.org.. pa should take a few of the features from there.. its actually a really enjoyable game :/ and ive only been playing for a few days. when i login to pa now its so damn boring and slow maybe some realtime tick stuff? resources per second etc instead of "on tick" stuff
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 19:51   #21
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

Never happen! the small allainces like f-crew and so on would never be able to co exist long enough to pull off any kind of coalition because they'd start arguing.

At the very best it would last a day or two before lack of success would force them to fall apart.

And finally two more important points!

1- You don't have to kill jenova tbh they'll fall apart under their own steam

2- if any alliance would warrant such a coalition why aren't we talking about denial (oh yeah i know why! people are too scared to lose!)

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 20:09   #22
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladel
Never happen! the small allainces like f-crew and so on would never be able to co exist long enough to pull off any kind of coalition because they'd start arguing.

At the very best it would last a day or two before lack of success would force them to fall apart.

2- if any alliance would warrant such a coalition why aren't we talking about denial (oh yeah i know why! people are too scared to lose!)
1- Falling appart, as in members that cant handle pressure leaving? /me pokes a certain dude he quotes...

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 20:15   #23
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

I knew that'd get a reply :P

How's u tobbe?

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 20:22   #24
tobbe

tobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to beholdtobbe is a splendid one to behold

good, keeping the fort with the ones worth keeping it with -_-
u ?

VisioN Forever!
tobbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 May 2008, 21:07   #25
HeimdallR

HeimdallR will become famous soon enoughHeimdallR will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Actually i don't think all the small alliances would start arguing alot.
i consider the commanders of ass, redemption and hr to be very loyal to play with and fun players to talk to.
but i doubt this would ever happen though, but would be very cool.

If life hands you lemons, drink more tequila

After the game is over the king and the pawn end up in the same box

HA - asc -rdm-asc-VR- #ODDR - APP
Finally retired
HeimdallR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 May 2008, 00:42   #26
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
4) Alot of people consider these forums as Ascendancy's little personal playground. Hardly ever is there a thread created that doesn't result in certain people either trolling the crap out of it or going wildly offtopic with posts like: Planetarion is all about Ascendancy ...
This is not what the general playerbase of planetarion is dying to read, yet it happens all the time.
+ (and no offence to JBG and Lokken) having Ascendancy moderators doesn't really improve the situation.
If the other alliance HCs allowed their members to post then you wouldn't get a predominantly Ascendancy/ND userbase on here. It's not Ascendancy's fault that there's hardly anyone else to post.

And I'm not part of Ascendancy, nor have I ever been. The moderation of this forum is excellent and has been for a long time. When threads pop up that are Ascendancy-based I keep a close eye on the moderation and ensure that it's unbiased. In fact, I'd say that Asc posters are the most closely monitored on this forum. Lokken has repeatedly given bans to Asc posters, including one to Stoom only a couple of weeks ago.

It's not lokken/JBG who have a case to answer, not at all. The problem is the alliances refusing to use the forum - which makes no sense at all.
Unread 18 May 2008, 18:32   #27
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeimdallR
Actually i don't think all the small alliances would start arguing alot.
i consider the commanders of ass, redemption and hr to be very loyal to play with and fun players to talk to.
but i doubt this would ever happen though, but would be very cool.
I don't think it would be so much arguing but there would be disagreements. There is that old saying "too many cooks spoil the broth" and that is often true in pa. The bigger the target you ant to take on the more smaller alliances you need and that means the more alliance hc's that have to get together and agree and organise things, that can be hard enough on its own but all it takes is a single hc to have an attitude or think they are superior and it gets worse.

You need to really have a target in mind thats not too much bigger so you can keep the numbers managable and then either make sure all alliances involved are on a fairly equal footing or do what happens with some of the top blocks and have alliances who are willing to to be little more than puppets as they believe that its worthwhile putting themselves out for the long term boost from the glory it may bring
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2008, 18:36   #28
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If the other alliance HCs allowed their members to post then you wouldn't get a predominantly Ascendancy/ND userbase on here. It's not Ascendancy's fault that there's hardly anyone else to post.
To a degree it is though, its all well and good trying and get members to post but when certain alliances members take great pride in spewing abuse left right and center getting them to continue posting is nigh on impossible.

You know that at F-Crew we have tried a number of times to get more members posting but even for some extremely good posts they got set upon by groups of forum posters via replies, rep and pm
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2008, 18:45   #29
Ceadrath

Ceadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to allCeadrath is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
does any alliance actually ban their members from posting?

-Cead
Ceadrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2008, 19:20   #30
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:

I think of course we all know Jenova failed (for reasons only themselves will know to be honest within the alliance) it didnt help with such people jumping ship, especially to the enemy alliance (wont name them but they know how dissapointed i am as they were the ones i sent to Jenova.) But, although they of course didnt win, still a handful of their members ended up in the top 100 ranks so fair play to them. And did quite a few impressive gal raids.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 2008, 19:24   #31
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
To a degree it is though, its all well and good trying and get members to post but when certain alliances members take great pride in spewing abuse left right and center getting them to continue posting is nigh on impossible.

You know that at F-Crew we have tried a number of times to get more members posting but even for some extremely good posts they got set upon by groups of forum posters via replies, rep and pm
I only remember the one main time that you did that, and you should remember that I backed it fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
does any alliance actually ban their members from posting?
Yeah. Stupid, isn't it?
Unread 18 May 2008, 19:31   #32
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedeejem!
I think the deadness of this forum has multiple causes:

1) A lot of the old frequent posters that made the board alive don't post anymore. I kinda miss it when Kjeldoran was posting +-15 posts a day (though at the time i really hated reading them). There were alot of characters on this forum and when they left hardly anybody actually stepped up.
People quit. They move on in life. Why you chose a pretty terrible poster (although he became pretty decent after I banned him a few times) I don't know but this just happens.

Quote:
2) Alliances don't publicly trashtalk to eachother on forums anymore. Most of the time when there is actually a post about a war between certain alliances hc's forbid their members to even post in the thread.

3) Alot of players hardly ever read the forums or post on the forums.
Mainly because it is considered elitist. New people that do post on the forums are hardly welcomed with open arms.

+ I also agree with what Riddim said in his post and I have no idea why Kenny's thread needed to be closed. There have been far far worse threads that were allowed to remain open.
I think unless you are particularly good at making an argument, I would not advise coming on AD from an alliance leader's point of view. HC's are probably doing the right thing for their alliance keeping their members under control as there is an extent that there are so many in Ascendancy capable of putting forward an eloquent riposte, its not worth the risk. Unfortunately there is nothing anyone can do about certain people being good, apart from try to match the others.

As for what you said about the moderation team, I think I get what you mean. Although bias in moderation doesn't really exist in reality, there is a symbolism in myself and JBG being moderators. Unlike furball, I am going to address your point. JBG was chosen before asc even existed and he chose me when I flew the ND flag. In addition we go at length to explain our decisions and a number of ascendancy have been banned for being shit. I'm not sure there is anything more we can do. On top of that, there have been (rare) occasions where I have down right disagreed with JBG about in game politics on the forum and we've just debated it because we can disagree without being disagreeable.

I encourage everyone to post, I think if people think content isn't relevant to them, they should make something of their own that is. The internet is what you make of it. I first participated on AD because i wanted to get involved and get interested; apathy don't get you nowhere on this forum; if people's HC are stopping that and want to change it, well then they need to decide whether they should be part of an organisation that does allow it.

I appreciate lots what you say here, but in turn I would reply that the moderators can only go so far. If you report posts that you think are trolls, we're far more likely to moderate things than without them, as it makes us think again about posts.
Unread 18 May 2008, 23:54   #33
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

I don't think you are especially Asc-biased when moderating this forum, but I hope you read my post too Lokken.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2008, 01:41   #34
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Sux but who cares about rep as long as you get your point across, and pm??? wth? they pm ppl also, sounds a bit like anybody doing that should be set upon themselves.
Err btw is their no rules on the negative repping thing? because somebody giving it out just because they dislike somebody's post seems a bit shit, maybe if they had some sort of valid point whereas the poster had directly insulted/tried to cause harm, rather than it being a subject with which they disagree with or because the spelling was a little off in that post it wouldn't be so bad.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 May 2008, 01:44   #35
vuLgAr
Bi-Winning

vuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to allvuLgAr is a name known to all

Heh yeah i read through my post lots looking for any sort of mistake. Feel free not to point them out because quite frankly i couldn't give a toss.

Ps: New forum users are nice ppl sometimes and don't deserve the you don't belong here so we'll just give you grief and hope you go away approach.

H-A ODDR Apprime xVx VisioN HEROES Ultores
vuLgAr is offline   Reply With Quote