User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Mar 2006, 03:47   #1
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society
Squid's First Beta

So. I never had much of a chance to do the betas before. Always been too busy or not around at start etc.

However, for todays, I had a chance. One glorius chance to play and have some fun.

And fun I had. I quickly found a vengeful enemy in #beta by the name of Mek. Him and his insomnia support planets {clearly the nick of antigone, rixx, and crowly were fakes} quickly became my mortal enemies.

The leader, mek, was a cunning one. BUT I WAS MORE-SO!

Having started 100 ticks late, sadly I was a bit behind... but I made up for it with mass buying of harpies and the occasional pegasus and cereberus. Mek didn't believe my sheer awesomeness, so I vowed to roid him with one cereberus.

First up, I tried whacking him with a reconnisance fleet. Just because it appeared to be very similar to be 50 some terran DE, and just because it actually was 49 harpy and 1 cereberus was nothing out of the ordinary.

I launched with pride, seeking to freak Mek out with this large number of DE coming to visit. Little did he know he was about to be completely fooled by superior tactics. My ships landed, and I found to my dismay, that Mek had organized enough defence to wipe my DE fleet.

He literally sandblasted the soup cracker that was my 1 cereberus with 120 some wraith, and almost 500 beetle. I renewed my vow however, and started a massive barraige with different eta'd fleets of 1 ship. I sought to wear down his 2000 spiders with barraiges of 1, 2, and later 5 harpies. He never saw it coming, and again and again, I was able to land and not be harmed by his ineffectual Spiders.

I was secure in my moral victory, and taunted him with a challenge of destroying my harpies by having one of his scorpions simply bodycheck them. Alas, he was not man enough to stand up to the challenge, and I continued to decimate his spider forces with 5 harpies.

Finally, I built 40 some leviathans and tried to cleverly disguise them as my DE. I launched, and to my dismay, mek and his support planets had found some way to defend against them. I landed anyways, and was completely annihilated My poor poor leviathans.

That's what I should have thought anyways.... The fact of the matter is that I built behemoths by accident and launched them instead. It was a sad day for the planet of Squidly.

Fortunately though, the 20 harpy flak I sent survived the spider barrage yet again.

And so, at the end of this story, I say to everyone here:

"Let it be known, that I hit mek over 10 times, and only ever lost 1 DE"

I do not count those behemoths, as they weren't supposed to exist anyways.

The end, and I hope this classifies as sufficient enough PA humor in order not to get the thread closed.
Edit: ineffectual spiders. not harpies. my bad.

Last edited by Squidly; 22 Mar 2006 at 05:15.
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 03:53   #2
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold
Re: Squid's First Beta

indeed it is true, squidly did attack me 10 times and only lost 1 destroyer. it actually cost me more ships to counter him with my super1337frigatefl337 once than it did for him

sigh, tis a sad day for me. but heed my words squidly...yours days are numbered *dark menacing stare*

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Mar 2006, 04:45   #3
Teargas
Aberrant Shadows

Teargas will become famous soon enoughTeargas will become famous soon enough

Kept me entertained for a few minutes, congratulations.

Round 2-10: None
Round 15-16: [BIG]
IRC: Tchort / Frank
Teargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 04:27   #4
[Aequitas]
Justice

[Aequitas] is on a distinguished road

Am I not good enough to be mentioned squidly?
[Aequitas] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 06:11   #5
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

I had a whole blurb written up... and then my connection died and I lost it
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 09:13   #6
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well, even though this was a funny read and im glad you had fun but remmember the beta stages at the moment are for testing not just playing for fun

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Mar 2006, 13:23   #7
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin
Well, even though this was a funny read and im glad you had fun but remmember the beta stages at the moment are for testing not just playing for fun
What he said ^^

I don't want to rant but I am getting a bit fed up with people using the Beta as a free Speed Round. It is for testing. Being apart of the beta is a privilage, not a right. Just remember that :-)

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 17:51   #8
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Aye... I realize that I missed the blob saying what was currently being tested and what was being asked for specifically(nothing specific apart from "b-reports" some halfway through the fact). I smartened up for the next rounds and attempted to do what was required

SOWWY!
Unread 27 Mar 2006, 22:56   #9
Ivan
Liberal Knight

Ivan is an unknown quantity at this point

Tsk tsk, Squid, you should know better...

TFD rnd 1-3
ViruS rnd 3-5
WP rnd 5-10
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Mar 2006, 00:37   #10
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan
Tsk tsk, Squid, you should know better...
where the heck have you been hiding mate?! =o Nice to see ya again
Unread 30 Mar 2006, 22:33   #11
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

boobs