User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29 May 2016, 09:37   #1
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
booji’s future round stats set proposal

I don’t want to commit myself to when they will be used… if ever, my last proposed set did not get very far before being shot down in flames by you lot so don’t be expecting too much.

My suggested stats can be found at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I created these stats due to thinking about criticism of m0’s set;
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
When you got four races and all the teamup options is in FR/DE, dont you think its likely to be a few FR/DE planets?
Im afraid these stats look kind of narrow, and im not sure if this would result in more offensive stats or more def planets/support planets stats.
This had me attempting to think how you could avoid the problem that you only have two teamup options if sticking to four races and 2 pods each. The end result is likely to be that two classes are much better options than the others. My ‘solution’ to this is to have fr/de and cr/bs not target each other so they can team with themselves. This ensures that everything has a potential teamup partner.

Targeting then forces much of the way the stats look. I suspect that with 4 fi co pods there will be many who think that fi co will be completely dominant. If so I’m happy to attempt to moderate them a little more.

The other thing I was aiming for is a set where if you go one pod class having the other pod class is not the best option for defence. So having both pod classes is a conscious decision rather than the obvious. Though I have not totally succeeded in this I hope it leads to more variety in shipbuilds.

Finally it his turned out to be quite a simple set; 7 ships each. Which is a nice bonus, but on the other hand may make doing lots of modifications to suggestions more difficult – particularly changes to targeting. EMP resistance not done yet but I am a traditionalist so Ter will have higher emp res.

Hope you like them!

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote