User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 5 Aug 2004, 22:10   #601
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
not too much tough...

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Zappa Tenderlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Aug 2004, 11:43   #602
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
Re: Gems Of Destruction

Well. I dunno, let them have some fun is my thoughts on the matter
Unread 8 Aug 2004, 03:50   #603
Darkling
Planetarion Forum Moderator

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Zorro

As you check your son over he shows signs of life, just stares blankly and calmly into nothing. The figure letting you look him over ignoring your small demands.
"Worry not yourself, yur child still lives he is simple pacified. I have little time for family renuions and tears or hysterics so please lets keep this breif"
Feeling yourself being looked over darkly and cauliosly by the figure, as it taps its boned fingers agaisnt the bench its sits at.
"To make things a litle easier my name of refrence you cna call me by is Darkling, a strange name I shall be the first to admit but it fits my current state. I once had a few more and still posses my true name, but that shall remain a secret for there is much power in true names. So there in lies the answer to one of your questions, what has happened here is a great convergance of names. A state between death and life where time is measured in centuries rather than seconds."
A chill breeze sweeps across the silent town, nothing but the dust, dirt and grass moving amongsts the houses and open feilds.
Darkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 16:13   #604
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro is on a distinguished road

Zorro contemplates Darlking's words for a second, then relaxes a bit.

"So what you are saying...........is that time has been somehow altered for everyone in the town.....so that for us it resumes as normal, but for them it has slowed down to such a point as to make it seem as though they are lifeless, when in fact it is just their perception of time has changed? Who has done this?"

--Mark Twain
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 17:08   #605
Darkling

Darkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to beholdDarkling is a splendid one to behold

Zorro -

Seeming to consider his responce slowly before speaking further
"Ona basic level you are correct, but o a more complex level you would be wrong. As i said earlier the power lies in the names"
The Darkling character pulls out a bound level book with marking scracthed into its face.
"This is what binds them all, through thge power of their names I have seperated soul and body, whislt their bodies contuie to liv in this world at a lesser rate, their souls are lost in a maze of darkness where time is the force which will only drive you mad there. Now we have a few possibilites that present themselves, the first being I finish the seal upon its cover and permantly bind their souls leaving their bodies to rot and wither away for crows, maggots and animals alike."
The figure seems to say this idea with more intent of dread, his voice deepening repsectivly
"The choice I think you would like is I tell you how to desytoy this book in the propper manner, so freeing the trapped souls without banashing them through ignorance. I suppose the urge to take and book is strong with you so this is where my garuntee comes into it, your son is not under the effects of the particualr spell used here. Although he wont reallyu respond much to anyone in this trance state, I can arrange it so he is deeply corrupted and turned agaisnt you"
Putting the plain looking book away slowly takes a step up from the stool standing adjascent to you.
"What would win agaisnt afather and son, you instincts as a father or as a warrior, it would make an intresting fight"
Unread 10 Aug 2004, 18:08   #606
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Zappa Tenderlea is infamous around these partsZappa Tenderlea is infamous around these parts
yes, exactly, SOME! if they find out how entertaining and fun real life can be, we may never see them again!

I have but one wish: to see you all rot in hell before I trade this life for eternity

The truth can't hurt you, it's just like the dark, it scares you wittless, but in time you see things clear and stark
Unread 11 Aug 2004, 01:08   #607
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro's initial reaction is to reach for his sword to smite the ill intented creature, but before he moves the holy blade he realizes his actions would be futile. The power lies in the names Darkling had said. But whose names he wondered?

"Sir Darkling, of course you already realize the options which I would prefer. It is my perception that destroying the book is the only way to free the townsfolk from this dark spell. Clearly, I would choose to release them rather than have their souls and bodies seperated in such a terrible way. As for my son, I know you must have the power to turn him against me, but I will not kill him. If it is my destiny to die at the hands of my own progeny, then so be it. I've witnessed the deaths of many family and friends before, and I will not do so again. I know not what you want with all of us, but if you wish to give me a chance to destroy the book, then tell me how it may be done."

--Mark Twain
Unread 21 Aug 2004, 01:01   #608
Darkling

Zorro -

"glad to see we are getting somwhere, the task like most is more invoioved than words that start them. You will come across trials that test certain acpects of your being, should you perform well enough then the book is yours to destory or keep as you wish."
The abominations voice clear and calm enough to disipate any form of jest about his promises.
"Should you fail then the outcome will be damnation for your family and suffering and memories to burden your shoulders through age. Not to send you off with out any clues, head towards the mountain towns where hope is in short supply and the bitter winds feast upon the warmth both living and dead. Where only vicous red flames can hold it at bay."
At the corner of your eye you almost catch the sight of a female walking out of the door of your house.

Heiro -

As you enter into the town the silence only broken by rattling doors and animal calls. The overbearing sense of seer lonliness dawning on you as no one stirs from their homes to go about their morning rituals, picking up the faint sound of a childs laughter echoing from within one of the simple hatched roof houses.
Unread 23 Aug 2004, 22:19   #609
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

While contemplating the dark ones words, Zorro catches some movement out of the corner of his eye.

"Sorry to cut this meeting short, but hold that thought."

Zorro turns in the direction of the woman walking out the door of his house and calls out, in the fashion of a guard addressing a king who lacks the knowledge of swallows.

"Halt! Who goes there?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Sep 2004, 14:35   #610
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc/ is this thread still going? /ooc

--Mark Twain
Unread 12 Sep 2004, 03:04   #611
Darkling

It is still going just due to current events neither mine or serenes online time is what it normally is, Attempts will be made to continue the survival of this thread just dont expect any results instantly.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 22:24   #612
Darkling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro
While contemplating the dark ones words, Zorro catches some movement out of the corner of his eye.

"Sorry to cut this meeting short, but hold that thought."

Zorro turns in the direction of the woman walking out the door of his house and calls out, in the fashion of a guard addressing a king who lacks the knowledge of swallows.

"Halt! Who goes there?"
Zorro - The figure simple stands there silently, neither turing to face you or uttering a word in reply. Looking around you seeing no sign of your boy or his odious captor compelty gone with little but the sound of the wind as your companion.

Last edited by Darkling; 5 Nov 2004 at 00:08.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 22:35   #613
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsjem
Bailia looks up again not sure how to respond. No one had seen this before, no one knew of her connection with Dragonsjem. She sighs, shaking her head again before speaking quietly, exhausted.
"She....she will not leave me alone.....I thought you were different,I still hope you will succeed. Most run in fear when they get this far. Most....except that one group. They were so strong, so brave, such a great loss to our side."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa Tenderlea
how many were they? and how long ago?

Thungarth sat down next to the woman, and offered her a drink, to sooth her nerves

calm down, we'll destroy her, and all the evil that surrounds her. we'll kill those that created her, and made her this way, we'll crush those that follow her. We'll leave not one being of evil alive, nor undead... not even our fallen comrades will stop us... if any will fall. We will get you your wellearned peace, IF you tell us everything you know, now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiro
Looking at Balia, Eown feels her sorrow. He offers her a hollow smile before walking through the trees to the rear of the house, heading back toward town, and hopefully to his companions.

Best to see what the lads up to, find out if he is ok..

Balia stares at the ground,, mumbling to herself from fear and sorrow as she notices the other has left. Looking up at Thungarth, with a serious determined look, her eyes lock with his.
"You must stay together!. You must stay strong! It is your only chance....... She waits for you to devide....to turn you against each other....to warp your minds.....like she did the others..........Like the four......like....like...." Her eyes gaze up at the sky, dazed a little , silent for a minute before she utters a whispered name. "Bakan."

YES, We're FINALLY getting back to these. I hope you all are still interested.

* tiger uses the ultimate way in, trough the water pipes
* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
dragonsjem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 22:45   #614
Heiro
'Mael'

Eown stops half a step outside the clearing. Turning around, he steps back in with his fists chenched tightly into balls, his eyes aflame with the urge for vengence.

"Bakan!"

Storming back to Balia, most of the caring gone from his eyes, Eown towers over her

"What of him! What do you know!"

Good to be back. I'll stay as I am
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 22:54   #615
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

dragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to alldragonsjem is a name known to all

Balia slowly lowers her head, her eyes locking with Eown this time, a deep sadness reflecting in her eyes.
"Bakan.......He was like you..." She glances toward Thungarth and back at Eown. "Like both of you......He tried to defeat her...tried to save us....and became what he most feared."

* Shadowhawk idly points out that this is #rpgal, the pipes are probably blocked from all the bs that you come up with.
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 23:09   #616
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Quote:
Miveron exchanges glances with Tarellyn, confirming each are silently commenting on Nibimacarion's youthful nievity and impatience. Tarellyn's gaze returns to Nibimacarion, voice continuing to crack with age.
"You have reasons to return just as we have reasons we shall never leave the human lands. We all must do what we must for our past sins." His gaze growing more intently on you. "We all must carry the burdeon. We..."

Miveron remains silent though this, hearing this conversation many times before, he became lost in thought, finally contemplating what it all means. It had been so long he had deluded himself into thinking he was being noble staying in the humans lands, but it was time to face his past. Gazing up, he cuts off Tarellyn, speaking softly. "I shall be returning as well my old friend."

Tarellyn looks at Miveron with a look of shock and worry but as he gazes into Miveron's eyes he understands. Nodding he continues. "You appear to have a travelling companion now, young one."
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
"Very well, then we should leave as soon as possible, haste is not good but we mustn't waste any time either. All I need I have here with me so I'm ready to leave whenever you are."
Tarellyn nods slowly and takes Miveron quickly aside , speaking to him softly. "Are you sure this is wise my friend. They will not welcome you with open arms and you won't be able to hide easily. "

Miveron smiles a little, almost impish. "The elven lands could use a little excitement. It's been such a long time since we left , but I doubt much has changed."

Tarellyn forces a smiles before placing a hand on Miveron's shoulder. "Be safe and be wary on your journey. Now lets have you two off."

Moving toward the wall, Tarellyn places his hands firmly against it. An odd glow begins eminating from his hands passing into the dirt wall. Slowly the wall begins glowly eerily., an unnatural light eminating from it. Suddenly and image appears on the wall. A tree, then another, then another. A bird appears and begins flying across the "picture". Becoming more vivid by the moment . A bright flash fills the room and suddenly the picture looks like the middle of a forest. No longer a picture but really there, the scents, the sounds all real.

Tarellyn turns toward Miveron and Nibimacarion, one hand still placed on the wall. "Your way is open, please go quickly. I can only hold it for so long."

Unread 4 Nov 2004, 23:18   #617
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Balia slowly lowers her head, her eyes locking with Eown this time, a deep sadness reflecting in her eyes.
"Bakan.......He was like you..." She glances toward Thungarth and back at Eown. "Like both of you......He tried to defeat her...tried to save us....and became what he most feared."
Realisation hits Eown like a trained blow from one of his acolytes. Stunned, he blinks for a second, his shoulders dropping and his face softening.

"I understand. Was he alone?"

Eown pauses, and turns his back on balia, her gaze burning his soul even with his back turned. He wanders slowly toward Thungarth and lowers himself into a sitting position before looking around at Balia again.

"Can you tell me all you know?"
Unread 4 Nov 2004, 23:51   #618
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Balia closes her eyes and takes a deep breath then sighs. Her mind a million miles away searching through the ages, through her vast memory. Jerked out of her thoughts as her cat jumps onto her lamp she forces a smile and softly strokes his fur. Sighing once more she returns to her serious look.

"You respond as if you have encountered him and I do not doubt it. He and his warriors came this way ages ago. They sought Dragonsjem as all the warriors do. I warned them of the risks but they were determined. They thought they could succeed where the armies had failed. Just the four of them.....well trained warriors. I don't know what happened after they left here......but I know they returned not themselves. The men I met are dead, they are but those demons now."

Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:03   #619
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro turns back to Darkling.

"All right. So what is it I am required to do?"

--Mark Twain
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:09   #620
Darkling

ooc - might want re-read my reply a missed word on my part caused a bit of confusion i think, sorry.
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 00:19   #621
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

ooc- ah I see -ooc

Zorro curses under his breath when he sees he is alone.

Well, no sense hanging around here any longer

He heads toward Balia's house, where he is sure the rest of the group must have gone to. Arriving at the gate, he finds Eown and Balia in what appears to be a serious conversation. Rather than interrupt, he just listens as he approaches.

--Mark Twain
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 10:14   #622
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

Thungarth growled slightly as he heard the name Bakan, and looked at his axe...

Baila, do you know of any relics or mages that could improve our chances? defend our minds and bodies from Dragonsjem's magics and her fiends' powers?

Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:30   #623
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts

Nibimacarion peered through the portal, the other side appeared to be rather calm, there weren't any people in view. Nibimacarion had heard about portals like this, however he had never actaully seen 1 in action, his old master had been capable of making them however.

"Then we should move, I hope we meet again some day, when I come back to these lands."

With that Nibimacarion moved through the portal carefully, he'd heard how they can be disorientating, but he had no experience whatsoever as how the transitition would go. Thus Nibimacarion prepared himself for the worst.

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 16:37   #624
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Balia closes her eyes and takes a deep breath then sighs. Her mind a million miles away searching through the ages, through her vast memory. Jerked out of her thoughts as her cat jumps onto her lamp she forces a smile and softly strokes his fur. Sighing once more she returns to her serious look.

"You respond as if you have encountered him and I do not doubt it. He and his warriors came this way ages ago. They sought Dragonsjem as all the warriors do. I warned them of the risks but they were determined. They thought they could succeed where the armies had failed. Just the four of them.....well trained warriors. I don't know what happened after they left here......but I know they returned not themselves. The men I met are dead, they are but those demons now."
"If you think I go to kill her, then you will find yourself mistaken. I want to kill him and nothing more. "

Bowing his head, he feels the hot tears streaming gently down his cheeks before he can stop them.

"Such is life, and he ended the life of my wife, and my daughter. He will pay for that. I hope you don't think less of me for wanting his death to santify my feeling of guilt. I could do nothing, but now I can. I will not mother the world however..."
Unread 5 Nov 2004, 21:04   #625
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

"Relics...." Balia mulls over the thought trying to remember. "Yes. There are somethings that may help you. You already have one."

She glances up at Zorro's appearance, sensing him. "Come closer Zorro." Her hand slowly beckoning him. "You have one thing you need. It is a curse as well as a help however. I could sense its evil before you came close. He will always seek it, but that may be to your advantage."

Sighing as she so often did she continues. "Another lies to the south, directly west of the next village you will come to... deep within the forest. In the center is a well...once part of an elven village....inside you will find an inscription. It is a deterent to evil and may weaken her."

Balia turns toward Eown. "Bakan is her minon. Find her and you will find him protecting her."

Standing up she walks to her door, speaking quickly before entering her home. "Go now, I tire of this."

ooc-you will not get to the woods or into the village in your next posts, just head south-ooc

Unread 5 Nov 2004, 23:17   #626
flapjack
crashed computer

name: Remmon
race: Human
class: ranger
abilities: Tracking, survival, hunting, swordfighting, archery, forestwalk.
equipment: Flint, for starting fires.
short sword, Never leave home without it, a simple steel sword with no ornaments or other such things, the sheath is dark green and brown.
flexible leather vest, painted green and brown for camouflage.
short bow, for hunting purposes, obviously with a set of arrows as well.
appearance: Permanently wearing his leather vest, which is highly flexible but allows for degree of protection against swords and physical magic (such as magical arrows), his lean figure makes him perfect to move around in forests unnoticed, his average height and slightly below average weight, combined with years of training, making it possible to jump from tree to tree at high speeds.

History: Remmon's village was destroyed by the forces of Dragonlady some 8 years ago, since then Remmon had been travelling around, spending most of his time in the fields and the forests.
In his travels Remmon had come upon several other destroyed villages and it is 1 of these villages that he found most of his equipment.

Recently he has been travelling through the area he is in now, exploring the forest, killing forest animals for food and providing his skills to nearby villages to trade, because of this his once worn bow now had a new string and his quiver of arrows was better filled then it had been through out the last years.

Unread 6 Nov 2004, 13:46   #627
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*bows gently towards Baila, then looks at his compagnions, and starts moving south*

Unread 6 Nov 2004, 16:28   #628
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro looks once more in the direction of his house and sighs. What could he do here? Nothing. If he was to save his family and village, he would have to take the path that was laid before him. He would have to do something that he had been avoiding for some time, and answer the call of the paladin. Offering a small devotional to the gods that they might aid him in his quests that lie ahead, he sets out with the rest of the group in a southern direction.

--Mark Twain
Unread 6 Nov 2004, 17:35   #629
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

As you head south you come apon an older trail a little worn over with time. Following it you come across a bridge still suprisingly sturdy considering the overgrowth. The path leads off through a wheat field. After traveling for another hour you notice ruins of a village wall, covered in scorch marks. A great destruction seems to have happened here and moving further into the ruins confirms it. Broken walls and rubble fill your view.

Unread 6 Nov 2004, 19:47   #630
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

"I wonder if our friend Bakan has been here recently."

Zorro attempts to sense the aura of the area, searching for life and whether or not the perpetrator of such destruction still happens to lurk nearby.

--Mark Twain
Unread 7 Nov 2004, 17:28   #631
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*gripping his axe firmly, Thungarth braved on trough the rubble, remembering what Baila said, and searching for the western exit of the village*

Unread 7 Nov 2004, 20:19   #632
Darkling

Standing off some distance from the village, hidden falwlessly amongst the darkness of the woods. Looking beyond normal means to glimps the party as they enter into the villages remains, clutching a few strands of hair wihtin his bone grasp, freshly pulled from the head of a living human. Letting his sense strech out untill he makes contact with the mind ofsomone in particular.

zorro -

As you wander through the villages remains, you suddenly feel a harsh wave hit you. Consiting entirly of feeligns of hatred and anger, than any kind of benevolence involved. HEaring a voice echoe through your mind.
"Do you reconise this place? this is where it all began. This is where your tale began to spin its web, and shaped you to the man you are today. I remeber that day I was there during it, men, women and children cut down and sluaghtered for no more than flesh on their bones or for simple being there. Such a glorious day, you should have seen it. But wait you did didnt you, a family lost and the world cared not for even that many deaths, it took many before they began fearing their own deaths. Such is the way of things, you where simple forgotten just a namless causlty of war left to wander out alone."
As the vocie seem to die down for a breif few seconds enough for you to fight back to growing sickness in your stomach only to have its piercing noise come back secodns later
"I wonder if the same will happen to your child, will he be left to wander out into the world alone. Maybe I migth even take him as my aprentice, children are so much easier to shape than adults who are set in their ways. Though that is but one of a few possible fates awating him, and you have become the pivot by which his fate shall balance on. Choose well what paths you take from here on."
Feeling the sickness grow dull, your body feelinga s though its your own once more though feeling a bitter taste in your mouth and a cramping stomach making you nauseous.
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 03:44   #633
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa (and/or Heiro if you're following him, if not see Zorro's)-:
As you make your way through the rubble, you notice signs of the lives that were once there, a bowl, a rusted knife, something that may have once been a toy. IN front of you,you notice the inner wall around the village. An uneasy feeling surrounds you, the area still having an aura of death and evil. As you make your west you suddenly feel more free, the evil aura disappating in that spot,. Looking around you spot a piece of stone oddly entertwined with metal peeking just out of the dirt., the metal just barely reflecting the sunlight.

Unread 8 Nov 2004, 05:26   #634
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro suddenly remembers the village. How he had tried time after time to block it from his memory. He had succeeded, until the vile voice forced him to recall that dreadful day. Despite all his training as a cleric and paladin, Zorro's emotions become almost overwhelming. The thought of losing his son to the same fate as the rest of his old village fills him with desperation, sorrow, and rage all at once.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! You'll never get away with this you hear me?!"

As he regains his composure, he mediatates on the light in order to calm his emotions and clear his thoughts so that he might remain useful in some sense to his companions.

--Mark Twain
Unread 8 Nov 2004, 11:21   #635
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

*moves towards the source of the peacefull aura, and investigates it more closely*

Unread 9 Nov 2004, 02:23   #636
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

As Zorro attempts to meditate, he accidently opens his eyes to find the location of his old home. The sight forces him to relive those terrible moments.

He had been in bed sleeping. Suddenly there were loud noises outside that woke him. His parents and siblings were rushing around the house saying "The Lady is here, the lady is here." Zorro had been but a boy, and lept out of his bed as the front door was broken down. Through the crack in his door he watched as his parents, brothers, and sisters were torn apart before his eyes. He had lept out the window and ran. Ran as fast as his young legs would carry him, tears streaming down his face as he heard the screams of friends and neighbors.

Standing over the rubble of his old home, Zorro falls to his knees in silence.

--Mark Twain
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 05:56   #637
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

Zappa: Moving closer you can see there is writing peeking through the thick covering of dirt from the years it had been resting there, buried. The talisment is rounded at the top with a sharp angle protuding down and outward with a coil of some odd metal entertwined with the stone around the top ring. The aura and good feelings increase as you move closer.

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 11:37   #638
Zappa Tenderlea
Grote Boze Rocker

a talisment?.... (ooc: I'm guessing it's a talisman or however you write it, and thus is something wearable, to guard the wearer from evil or whatever) Thungarth carefully wiped off the dirt, and uncovered the talisman in whole, then lifted it from it's restingplace, and tried reading the inscriptions, before calling out to the others to join him towards the forest in the west, where the magical item Baila talked about should be, if it was not this talisman, that had obviously been moved then

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 17:25   #639
flapjack
crashed computer

Remmon to turned to take a final look at the destroyed city he'd been camping near as he finished cleaning up the place he had stayed, removing the remains of the small campfire that had been there just as he noticed something moving within the old city. Normally this would have sent him diving for cover, the orks and other foul beasts around the area still visited the city at regular intervals, this time however the thing was small, either a small goblin or a dwarf. If it was a goblin there would be more, but by now Remmon realised that if he killed 2 or 3 goblins, the rest would certainly make a run for their money.

Thus Remmon quickly grabbed his weapons, he was certain he hadn't been spotted yet, and started towards the city, the small figure had rounded a corner into what had probably been a small shrine of sorts. It was the only place in the city that didn't give him a creepy feeling. The small object in probably protecting it. Remmon had seen it, but decided not to take it, such an object could only get him into trouble.

Within a matter of minutes, Remmon arrived at the west gate of the city, just then he heard someone calling. Immediatly Remmon realised that what he had seen was a dwarf, for goblins don't yell for their companions in human languages, thus Remmon stepped into a small guardhouse building and decided to wait for the rest of whichever party had dared to come here to arrive, peeking out carefully through a small window.

[edit] Typos are bad, so is my keyboard [/edit]

Unread 11 Nov 2004, 01:45   #640
Bakan
To Old to Die......

Bakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the roughBakan is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritely Zombie
Cathan stared around at himself panicked, then his higher-mind reasserted itself over his base fight-or-flight reaction. His eyes hardened and he wiped most of the sweat from his face in a single sweep of a massive arm. He felt a strange numbness in his abdomen and fingers traced a massive and jagged scar, already silvered as though inflicted years, not hours ago.

He scowled and something almost a growl escaped his throat.

"That monstrous son of a..."

He was suddenly aware of the smallish figure kneeling next to him.

"Yes. I understand you. And I know who I am. I do not however, know who you are. Who are you?"

He caught sight of his sword, his own dried blood upon the blade. He shook his head as memories of ... somewhere else, assaulted his consciousness. Standing he winced slightly and nausea welled up from his stomach. He forced himself to swallow the bile and felt it burn all the way back down to his stomach.

He lifted his sword up, staring at the blade as though entranced somehow. Then carefully and deliberately he wiped the blade clean before returning his impassive gaze to his, as yet unbeknownst to him, saviour.
"I am Incom Morgan, a.... wanderer you could say. You shoulden't move quite so quickly, that was no mere scratch that you had. You will need some time to fully recover your strength."

*Reaching into his small backpack, Incom pulls out a waterskin, and hands it to the warrior.*

"Here, drink up. Once you finish that, I'll get some meat for you. Regeneration and binding always drain one. And for the sake of light, DON'T move unless you want to pass out."
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 16:28   #641
Heiro
'Mael'

Stepping in behind thungarth, Eown watches his friend clean the metal object. Carefully, and precisely, much like his other roles in life. Sighing, Eown sits down and uncorks a bottle of wine, before taking a healthy swig.

"Lead on, my Dwarven friend."
Unread 11 Nov 2004, 23:34   #642
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro hears the call of the dwarf in his group as he attempts to block the overwhelming desire for revenge from his heart, largely to no avail. As a paladin, he could not hate..........but, he rationalized, he was obligated to administer justice whereever the need arose, and if there was ever a need for justice, it was here. Suddenly, Zorro's senses tell him that there is something else in the vicinity. He rushes back to the old man and dwarf.

"If you see a sign for 'Memory Lane' , make sure we avoid it in the future. Stay on guard, for I feel we are not yet alone."

--Mark Twain
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 10:27   #643
flapjack
crashed computer

Remmon sits in his hiding place as the paladin and the ex-monk/drunk go into the small buildin the dwarf was in. It was most likely they where going to move on soon and when he saw the human with the elven armor, Remmon decided that this group was most likely friendly, thus, after Zorro had gone indoors, Remmon stepped out of his hiding spot and stood close to the edge of the road.

There he waited for the party to come back out, his sword still in his sheath but his right hand lying directly over the sheath, he hoped he would not need the weapon but Remmon still remained prepared.

Unread 12 Nov 2004, 13:17   #644
Heiro
'Mael'

"Thank you for the warning, but I'm always on guard, my young friend. Want a drink?"

Eown swigs again from his bottle of wine, before giving a wry smile.

"I know that dark feeling well my friend. I can see it in your eyes, tearing at your soul. Revenge isn't something that you should to at all. Even in your current occupation."

With that moment of clarity, Eown sways to his feet and staggers for the door.

"We should get going and make this journey a pleasant one"
Unread 12 Nov 2004, 20:13   #645
Zorro
Awaiting RP Revival

Zorro sighs, knowing the old man was write. Though the darkness of revenge burned at his soul like a searing flame, he could not try to justify it with his occupation. Indeed, if he were to seek revenge, he would run in danger of losing the favor of the gods, and thus part of his power. Though he may gain darker powers while he lost the light, the light was something he could not live without.

"You're right old friend. I can not stay here any longer. The pain is too unbearable. Let us move on."

Attempting to clear his heart of anger and malice, Zorro follows Eown out the door.

--Mark Twain
Unread 14 Nov 2004, 00:49   #646
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/ i'll DM in the morning. I've been a bit overwhelmed in work and trying to decide if i should take a promotion and now i need to sleep so i can work the overnight shift/ooc

Unread 22 Nov 2004, 22:59   #647
flapjack
crashed computer

DMed in the morning of the 15th of November....

Unread 24 Nov 2004, 22:44   #648
Heiro
'Mael'

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack
DMed in the morning of the 15th of November....
Shush. Dragonsjem can take as long as she likes.

Mebbe she hasn't had a morning yet.
Unread 24 Nov 2004, 23:06   #649
flapjack
crashed computer

is she on the north pole then?

Unread 14 Dec 2004, 18:14   #650
dragonsjem
Darkling's WIFE

ooc/Zappa you did take the talisment right? And yes i'm finally getting to this. Being sick and exhausted aren't fun./ooc

As you head out of the village, the memories for Zorro fading a little, as you make your way through the fields toward the forest you saw in the distance. An odd feeling tingles slighty over Thungarth. as you near the edge of the forest...odd..but good. The forest is dense at first, discouraging outsides. Many years have passed since anyone entered this place. A brief memory flashes for Zorro that this forest was forbidden for some reason. After what seems to be hours of rough trudging, the forest begins to thin, opening up onto a clearing. The odd feeling beginning to take over the whole group, growing stronger the closer you get. Moving closer you make out piles and piles of rubble., arranged uniquely. Unlike the normal destoryed villages the rubble shows that everything was round from the wall around the enclosure to the few still standing buildings.