User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29 Jan 2008, 20:25   #1
Alessio
deserves a medal

Alessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet societyAlessio is a pillar of this Internet society
Fooling recruiters with google results

Some time ago it was on the news that when someone applies for a job that the recruiter often googles that persons name before the job interview. Just a quick background check, in hope he finds something interesting.

When I google my own name the results arn't exactly something to write home about. I only get one single result; I've gone to some geeky political event in the past and now it seems to be haunting me on the web. I actually find this quite disturbing as i always try to keep my things private and rarely give out my real name anywhere.

I've been pondering about how I could fix this situation. My resume isn't exactly special - and now i've also got some stupid google result to deal with.

This morning, when i woke up, it all suddenly came to me. I'm gonna make a fairly neutral looking webbie with some amazing accomplishments of mine. I just can't decide upon which amazing achievements, accomplished and successes i've had in my life. So maybe GD has some bright idea's on this.

What would you guys want your job interviewer to read when he googles your name?

Last edited by Alessio; 29 Jan 2008 at 20:50.
Alessio is offline   Reply With Quote