User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:10   #1
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Marijuhana legalized..

...what are the downside?
I have followed the debate in Norway now for some time, and ignorance and stupidity is cleary over-represented, (on both sides).

So, what are the negative effects, if any, off leagalizing marijuana/hasj?
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:16   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
please I beg you, not again
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:16   #3
at0mic.c0w
Käptn Karacho

at0mic.c0w is on a distinguished road
ppl who'd never thought about trying it out would probably do... if u see that as a "downside"
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:18   #4
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Marijuhana legalized..

Quote:
Originally posted by Snurx
...what are the downside?
I have followed the debate in Norway now for some time, and ignorance and stupidity is cleary over-represented, (on both sides).

So, what are the negative effects, if any, off leagalizing marijuana/hasj?
People who get high alot are a trouble generally. They may cause trouble in wherever they go (as do people who get drunk). In addition, it may cause people to get addicted and to draw the addicts into a low-life. Wich would cause expenses for the state.
"Oh, wretched race of a day, children of chance and misery, why do ye compel me to say to you what it were most expedient for you not to hear? What is best of all is for ever beyond your reach: not to be born, not to be, to be nothing. The second best for you, however, is soon to die". Silenus, tutor to Dionysos, speaking to King Midas.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:19   #5
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
negative effects?
well i could think of a few 'positive' effects:

Increased income to the government on taxes? probably generate a few billion to improve NHS (england)

Generate more tourism? surely amsterdam has more tourists now? possibly just a guess

Negative effects:

Price of cannabis goes up?
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:20   #6
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
please I beg you, not again
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:21   #7
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
for the record cannabis itself has no addictive element in it, (i think??) also its effects are different to alcohol - from personal experience, to me cannabis is a 'chill out' drug, 'alcohol' is more of a 'party' drug
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:22   #8

lets kick marilyn manson in the balls and forget all about it
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:25   #9
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
It would be like letting someone steal 1000 pounds from you, then being grateful when he gave you a 100 pound birthday present.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:25   #10
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Deiwos
lets kick marilyn manson in the balls and forget all about it
You're crapper than I remembered.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 16:26   #11
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

Quote:
Originally posted by SilverSmoke
please I beg you not again
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:08   #12
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Marijuhana legalized..

Quote:
Originally posted by Tietäjä

People who get high alot are a trouble generally. They may cause trouble in wherever they go (as do people who get drunk). In addition, it may cause people to get addicted and to draw the addicts into a low-life. Wich would cause expenses for the state.
Please. I've pretty much been constantly stoned since 1996. I've never caused that much trouble. I've showed signs of physical addiction when I don't do it for a while, but nothing like the urge you get when you don't smoke a cigarette for a long time. (Where "long time" == "> than 1 hour").

If you've ever been stoned, you would realize that you really don't want to do anything, other than lie down and enjoy your high. You get an urge to go out and wander around the wilderness sometimes, but nothing like 'go and wreck havoc on unsuspecting people'. It's like tequila: people magically become your friend.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:27   #13
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
The only way you can become addicted to ganja is when the brain becomes dependant on THC (the drug that gets you high) to regulate it's actions, instead of naturally occuring hormones, but if this is the case, your pretty much screwed anyway.
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:41   #14
wu_trax

i think you can very well get 'addicted', well not physical, more psychological.
i started smoking with a few friends, we only did that 1-2 times a wekk in the beginning, a while later we were smoking every day, another while later we tryed some other things like xtc, lsd, etc.
then i luckly moved away and lost contact and now one of the people died on heroin, another one is in a mental institution (too many papers), another one is on cocain and a 4th one is missing for 3 years now (and the 5th one became a psycho who hangs around in this forum almost every day ). ofc the amount of people with this 'carreer' wouldnt necessarily increase if its legalized, but you can get addicted just as easily as to cigarettes
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:43   #15
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Tzencath
The only way you can become addicted to ganja is when the brain becomes dependant on THC (the drug that gets you high) to regulate it's actions, instead of naturally occuring hormones, but if this is the case, your pretty much screwed anyway.
So when you quit, your brain shuts down? No, I think not. I've not smoked for around 2 months now, and I'm clearly not dead. I felt weird and my heartrate momentarily increased for about a 2 week period afterwards, but it evened out and I feel fine now. I even got a echocardiogram (I have a heart murmur so it's required) and the doctor says I've improved since a year ago.

I have friends that have smoked more and for longer than me. They are less ****ed over than me.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Nov 2002, 17:56   #16
madii

not done me any harm in the last decade

however

maybe i wasnt born to be a dappy bint

who can tell