User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:16   #1
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

clarencetheclockworkcake is an unknown quantity at this point
list of terminal illnesses

i need to know the names of as many terminal illnesses as possible.ive tried google,but couldnt find many.

so could you help me? just need names,i can google the rest of it.
clarencetheclockworkcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:20   #2
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

possible,but i was kinda looking for ones acknowledged by the medical proffession.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:23   #3
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
type in "cancer" and that should get it for you.

Nevermind HIV, Ebola, hantavirus, leukemia, cystic fibrosis, adrenoleukodystrophy, and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:26   #4
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

but that only gives me infomation about one.
i need a list of them,or as many as possible.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:27   #5
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Hodgkin’s Disease, AIDS, Canser and I think TB as well.
so which one do you have?
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:30   #6
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

i dont,but im making "terminal illness top trumps",and i need lots of terminal illnesses for it to be good.

if i cant get enough,ill make them up.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 19:35   #7
Pyr0 MK III
Look! He's Dancing!

Pyr0 MK III is an unknown quantity at this point
Hayfever
[22:18] <nodrog> Cock: 8" (20cm) uncut
[22:18] <nodrog> Balls: Large hefty balls, stretched max 6" (15.5cm)
[22:18] <nodrog> Arse: Can take two fists, or one fist almost to the elbow, but slow warming up.
Pyr0 MK III is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:03   #8
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Anthrax
Malaria
Dysentary
Small Pox
Cancer (pick your type)
Pneumonia
Diptheria
AIDS
Leprosy (Hansen's Disease)
Legionellosis
Scarlet fever
Hemmoragic Fever (ie: E Bola, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Dengue fever, etc)
Rubella
Polio
Cholera
Diptheria
Endocarditis
Plague (Pneumonic, Bubonic, Septesemic)
Salmonellosis
Enchephalitis (pick your type)
Shigellosis
Streptococcal Meningitis
Tularemia
Typhoid
Tuberculosis
Emphasima
Yellow Fever
Influenza
Hepatitis
Diabetes
Lyme Disease
necrotizing fasciitis
Syphilis
Rabies
trichinellosis
Sleeping Sickness

Thats off the top of my head...

Bit of trivia for you: Of all the people who have ever died in the history of mankind of any reason at all... Half of them died of malaria.

"Et nunc, reges, intelligite, er udimini, qui judicati terram"
Vermillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:04   #9
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Multiple Sclerosis
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:10   #10
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
shít malaria is terminal?!?!, fs im like special.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:14   #11
Tzencath

Tzencath is an unknown quantity at this point
flu, over 15,000 people die each year because of it.

all diseases are terminal, it's just a case of whether your body fights them or not.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:16   #12
Vermillion
Historian

Vermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to allVermillion is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
shít malaria is terminal?!?!, fs im like special.
Quinine, the primary tratment/ preventative for malaria was only discovered in 1670, and only became widely used in the 1800s. Even then, as the only surce was tree-bark, it was very hard to come by. Even today malaria is a mass killer in East Aisa and sub-saharan africa.

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:20   #13
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by Vermillion
Quinine, the primary tratment/ preventative for malaria was only discovered in 1670, and only became widely used in the 1800s. Even then, as the only surce was tree-bark, it was very hard to come by. Even today malaria is a mass killer in East Aisa and sub-saharan africa.
ya mr phd, but tis not terminal is it.
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:34   #14
Supernova9
m u p p e t

Supernova9 is infamous around these parts
San Philipino Disease
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:49   #15
clarencetheclockworkcake
Fidel Cakestro

WOO! should be enough to start offf the game.

thanks alot for all thoose vermillion
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 21:50   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
ya mr phd, but tis not terminal is it.
People can die of it. And have done in rather large numbers.

To the point where sickle cell anaemia is an adaptive advantage in some places.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:00   #17
Nusselt
share the <3

yes but its not a terminal condition
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:20   #18
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
yes but its not a terminal condition
Since you seem to be defining terminal as "100% guarenteed that you will die of it no matter what", then you will be pleased to know that there are No terminal diseases in the world.

However, more rationally, Malaria is most certainly a terminal disease, meaning untreated it will most likely kill you, and even with treatment it still kills many...

Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:44   #19
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
All of those diseases pale in comparason to..

Mad Cow Disease

Best thing about MCD, is that it isn't even a disease at all. It's, in layman's terms, 'rogue proteins'.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 22:45   #20
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
type in "cancer" and that should get it for you.

Nevermind HIV, Ebola, hantavirus, leukemia, cystic fibrosis, adrenoleukodystrophy, and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease
Ebola isn't terminal. People have walked away from that.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jun 2003, 23:18   #21
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
comedy 'SARS' option
Unread 19 Jun 2003, 00:03   #22
Vermillion
Historian

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Ebola isn't terminal. People have walked away from that.
See above about "terminal" diseases. besides, many of those listed are genetic disorders, and as such not strictly diseases.