User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Closed Thread
Unread 6 May 2005, 03:51   #1
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold
[Declined] 2nd structure killer ship

may i suggest that every race get an extra structure killer ship from the same ship class as their second pod. it would make it fairer for everyone to pick his attack fleet. Cath could stick to CO, Xan could choose to go for FR, etc... it would make for more diversified attacks.
Unread 6 May 2005, 03:58   #2
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 2nd structure killer ship

Hang on...you want to encourage structure killing? no no no no no no no.

No.
Unread 6 May 2005, 04:00   #3
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

I don't think I like the idea.

Structure killing is to be discouraged, particularly from a newbie bashing point of view. Its main place is in an alliance war, in whch case I feel there's greater skill to having to use a certain type of fleet in order to take out their structs. Making it easier to kill structs wouldn't be a good thing, I feel.
Unread 6 May 2005, 04:06   #4
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

either structure killers are needed and it is fair to make a 2nd one available, or they are bad and should be removed from the game.
Unread 6 May 2005, 04:13   #5
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Structure killing is one of the most cowardly ways of normal attacking. Its not bad enough that you have stolen the planets roids, destoyed/stolen his hsip but you go and try to remove his chance of rebuilding and defend himself. Struct killers need reduced not increased. Only time they should be used is in alliance wars, not in random roidings
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew

Last edited by wakey; 6 May 2005 at 04:19.
Unread 6 May 2005, 06:21   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
Structure killing is one of the most cowardly ways of normal attacking. Its not bad enough that you have stolen the planets roids, destoyed/stolen his hsip but you go and try to remove his chance of rebuilding and defend himself. Struct killers need reduced not increased. Only time they should be used is in alliance wars, not in random roidings
This is why i suggested permitting fleets with Structure Killers only to launch on a target with an alliance tag - this way, solo players are not based into oblivion whilst alliance players can have their wars - remembering that alliance players have a greater support base to back them up.

Generally, anyway.
Unread 6 May 2005, 13:08   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

allowing things by alliance tag always opens up the possibility of abuse tho
Unread 6 May 2005, 14:40   #8
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

structure killing........ only thing i would really like to change here is the possibilitie of eta 8(7) structure killing which is just plain wrong. as it's too easy

xans should have fr structure killers maybe, NOT fi.
it's way too hard to stop like that and unfair imo
Unread 6 May 2005, 16:05   #9
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

One thing I am truly satisified with this round is the impact of structure killers. Sure, I've lost 20+ buildings from them this round, but because of the fluidity of roids this round, not because they are as common as they were last round. I'm satisified with structure killers being used as a strategy against planets disliked, as opposed to structure killers being added to every fleet like, for the most part, they were in round 12. Structure killers firing after stealers plays a part in this, and I'm happy that was added to the round stats.

Sure, they're still used. But their init has made them discouraged as something just added to your fleet.

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
Unread 6 May 2005, 17:04   #10
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I'd prefer them to die in combat, making them more a thing to be used when hitting the evil enemy than normally.
Unread 6 May 2005, 19:46   #11
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I'd prefer them to die in combat, making them more a thing to be used when hitting the evil enemy than normally.
i think if this was implemented making struc killing more ineffective, or maybe the max number of structures killed could be decreased, then from a random roiding (struc killers along) you dont loose many structures, but on ally tartgets that are marked for demolision, multiple waves can be used to destroy more structures. If it was made more difficult to kill structures there might be room for a second pod classed structure killer, which imo is a good idea.
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 6 May 2005, 22:26   #12
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
i think if this was implemented making struc killing more ineffective, or maybe the max number of structures killed could be decreased, then from a random roiding (struc killers along) you dont loose many structures, but on ally tartgets that are marked for demolision, multiple waves can be used to destroy more structures. If it was made more difficult to kill structures there might be room for a second pod classed structure killer, which imo is a good idea.
So you're saying "make it more difficult to kill structures so we can allow more of them to be made"?
Unread 7 May 2005, 01:10   #13
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
So you're saying "make it more difficult to kill structures so we can allow more of them to be made"?
not really, make structures more difficult to kill in order to give everyone the chance to fit them into their fleet without being forced to mould their whole fleet around them. The only reason to make structures more difficult to kill is to balance the amount of them about in the universe, cos if they fit into more ppls fleets more peeps will use em. also it would avoid the problem someone mentioned earlier in the thread of smaller players getting bashed beyond recovery but would still allow alliances to crush targets, if they so desired
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
Unread 7 May 2005, 03:54   #14
Makhil

make them less effective, maybe, but let them target the buildings they want. I agree with the post about Xan Fi structure killers, should be FR, every other race have them as their heavier (and slower) pod.
Unread 8 May 2005, 21:45   #15
Orion Treet
Forever Noob

Orion Treet has a spectacular aura aboutOrion Treet has a spectacular aura about

I really don't like structure killing in first place, can ruin the game for someone later on as it can take weeks and weeks to rebuild. Don't ever send structure killers along on ordinary attacks myself cause I know how discouraging it is.
<Zhil> I am HC
<Zhil> I gave myself permission
<[MO]Forest> i meant a proper hc, not a hc who would suicide into his MO's fleet

Played r4-9.5 r12-14 Now retired.
Proud to have been Cosmic Frostbite (r12 - 22:5 - #1 gal)
Forever [4D] - LCH, ND, Absolute, TFD, DLR
Might and greed will never outweigh honor and loyalty!
Unread 23 May 2005, 15:37   #16
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

the original idea to encourage strucutre killing is bad - declined

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Closed Thread