User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 23 Aug 2003, 04:32   #1
Evil Skragg
And you expected Kittens?

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
The answer: we are all equal

If everybody thinks about it. we are all Homo Sapiens = Human - therefore race is irrelevant no matter what colour, race, religeon, or whatever ypu beleive in, you are human, amd therefore we, and the WHOLE OF THE HUMAN RACE ARE EQUAL!!!!!!!!!

The Words of Skraggeh (AKA Neil Morton ) are his own. not embellisheshed nor edited nor typed by him
God Bless the Human Race!!!
(Albeit Skraggeh himself is not religeous, but hopes that others will follow his way)
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 04:35   #2
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future
some are more equal than others.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 04:42   #3
Evil Skragg

Evil Skragg will become famous soon enoughEvil Skragg will become famous soon enough
Why? Why do have or strive to be more greater than the rest of your bretheren?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 05:24   #4
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Skragg
Why? Why do have or strive to be more greater than the rest of your bretheren?
Because if we strive for nothing, what's the point in living ...
Thought I agree, striving to be better then other's isn't nessisarily the answer.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 06:14   #5
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
What sort of equality is this? Obviously I am not equal to certain others in sporting ability or legal knowledge. At what point in our evolution did we become equal? Is this on the level of individuals - at what point in my life did I become equal to you, and at what point will I stop being equal? Are you suggesting humans are fundamentally different from other biological species somehow? Are you simply making a philosophical statement like "all members of any particular category are equal in a meaningless sense"? Is this related to human rights or other popular egalitarian movements?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 08:41   #6
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I have a bad heart and am about a foot taller than most people. I don't think I'm equal to very many people.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 09:56   #7
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
We're not equal, i own my mate at tetris :ninja:
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 12:45   #8
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I have a bad heart and am about a foot taller than most people. I don't think I'm equal to very many people.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:02   #9
Evil Skragg

What I mean is, everyone is created equal as humans, and wars due to differences in belief, colour of skin, ancestory etc are meaningless. We are all human, im not saying we are all equal, because that would mean that the human race's most notable power - individuality - would be meaningless.

Its hard to say really, but what I am trying to convay is that racism, sexism, ageism, and all the other "ism"s in my eyes are pointless, because once you look past everything else about us, we are all Human Beings! We're in this for the long run, folks, cause this planet is ours, no-one elses, and we the human race have sole responsibility for its survival.

We shouldnt be having petty squabbles with each other over who's god is best, or which skin colour is more fashionable, or because someones Uncle Albrecht pissed on someones tree about 5000 years ago. We are in the new millenium...

...please, let it be a peaceful one.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:05   #10
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Then its decided then. No more wars, ever. Well done - if only someone had thought of this sooner. :)
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:06   #11
Add

Add will become famous soon enoughAdd will become famous soon enough
Quote:
please remove your head from your anus and take a look around you.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:09   #12
Evil Skragg

Quote:
Originally posted by Add
please remove your head from your anus and take a look around you.
Either this is a very profound summary of my words, or an insult. Pray tell!!!
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:16   #13
Add

Quote:
Either this is a very profound summary of my words, or an insult. Pray tell!!!
It was an insult.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:18   #14
Evil Skragg

Ahh, then it would seem like I am not the only person with ones head up their arse! I talk of peace and equality, and yet am insulted, why is this?
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:20   #15
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Is this a troll? I've lost the distinction these days
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:24   #16
Add

Quote:
Ahh, then it would seem like I am not the only person with ones head up their arse! I talk of peace and equality, and yet am insulted, why is this?
Because if you truly believe what you are typing, then you sir, are an idiot.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:25   #17
Evil Skragg

How can this be a troll? I am voicing my opinions, which i have carefully posted to be as inoffensive to anybody!!
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 13:52   #18
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: The answer: we are all equal

Quote:
If everybody thinks about it. they are all banknotes = money - therefore type is irrelevant no matter what colour, country, denomination, or whatever is printed on them, they are banknotes, amd therefore they, and ALL OF THE BANK NOTES ARE EQUAL!!!!!!!!!
My version makes just as much sense as yours, i.e. total bollocks.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:15   #19
plasmas_arms
Banned

plasmas_arms is an unknown quantity at this point
All people should be treated equally but not all people are equal.

Simple.
plasmas_arms is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:15   #20
Evil Skragg

Angry

Grr
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:17   #21
plasmas_arms
Banned

Down boy.
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:22   #22
Evil Skragg

woof bloody woof
Unread 23 Aug 2003, 14:24   #23
plasmas_arms
Banned

Roll over.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 21:19   #24
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by queball
Are you suggesting humans are fundamentally different from other biological species somehow?
Yes, they're humans. Duh.

Humans share certain characteristics (their species character as Marx calls it). This is fairly uncontroversial. One of these characteristics would seem to be some kind of "consciousness" which no other animal seems to posess. This property (with others) instructs (or encourages) "reasonable" people to treat other humans in such a fashion. We term these rights.

These rights therefore stem from our biological character. The fact that humans differ in certain secondary characteristics (speed, mental agility, skin colour, etc) is not relevent for these purposes. There are some humans who do not posess this character - i.e. people in comas, severely brain damaged people, some of the mentally ill and so forth. These people generally are offered protection but do not have the same rights as others.

This is the important manner we mean "equality" in a rights/political context. Similarly, a one pound coinis quite evidently not the same as five twenty pences, yet it clearly has the same value (we can call it 'equal').

(p.s. I know this thread is garbage and I'm bumping it, but I felt like posting a response to this particular post. Bertrand Russell makes a similar point in an essay, and I can't respond to him)
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:11   #25
HAL-9000
I'm great!

HAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud ofHAL-9000 has much to be proud of
I don't class myself as being the same as those people that set that bloke on fire, or raped and murdered that old woman, or (continue ad infinitum). I class myself as being better than they. I am of a higher standing in almost every conceivable notion to those 'people'. They are sub-human. Below me. There are others that are higher than me. Many I would consider to be on the same level as me and deserving the same rights as me. WE ARE, HOWEVER, NOT ALL THE SAME.

Also remember that were it not for racism, etc, the world would be completely different now. There is a general concensus among, for instance, white people to find other white people more attractive than black people or asian people, etc. Because of these differences in how we attract each other we are slowly becomming different. Why do you find yourself incapable of comprehending this fact? Evolution. We are not all equal. Not socially. Not physically. Not mentally.
Unread 24 Aug 2003, 23:13   #26
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
what the **** exactly are you lot on about?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 04:43   #27
Evil Skragg

Dont ask me, I was pissed out of my skull when i started this thread. dont even remember what I wrote...
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 05:39   #28
Queen DAX

Queen DAX is an unknown quantity at this point
if you think about it, at birth we are all pretty much equal cept for gender. it was takes place the next 1-10-20-30 mins after you are born which decieds the diffrences in equailty. Babys arnt racist til tought, Education comes with availabilty and in the end we are all corupt by socialism unless you put your faith in something that allows you to rise above it.
<Degrees> roses are red violets are blue if you dont love me ill really spew <-- like that kr ?<KR|pennance> The time is right. Let's get to it. If we dont get hitched, to this relationship I'm gonna say screw it
Queen DAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 10:50   #29
Phang
Aardvark is a funny word

Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Phang has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen DAX
and in the end we are all corupt by socialism unless you put your faith in something that allows you to rise above it.
you were making a fairly good if slightly random point until this. wtfwtfwtfwtf
Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 11:59   #30
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by HAL-9000
WE ARE, HOWEVER, NOT ALL THE SAME.
No-one said we were the same (well, except for idiots).

If we're going to define the word "equal" to be synonomous with "same" then why bother having two words? Equal means something different. To use yet another analogy : If two football teams play and they are evenly matched (i.e. they draw or whatever) then it's a reasonable statement to say "On the day, both teams were equal". This is quite obviously a different meaning to "On the day, both teams were composed of genetically identical teams playing in exactly the same formation with exactly the same levels of fitness, injuries on both sides".

What has evolution got to do with anything? Yes, we are still facing some natural selection pressures, so what? How does that affect anything particularly? Unless there are entire group of people who are regressing mentally (via sex selection or whatever), I don't see why it affects the doctrine of equality.

As regards actions people perform (e.g. criminals) then obviously that's different. The dictum is "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal". Equality before the law quite evidently does not mean that the guilty are punished equally to the innocent.

As for people finding others attractive, the UK has one of the fastest growing "mixed race" population. 50% of black men have a white partner for instance - this is a bit different from a "general consensus".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sta...of_britain.stm
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:21   #31
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
once again skragg proves she is a sack of crap
endokuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:26   #32
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Quote:
Originally posted by endokuken
once again skragg proves she is a sack of crap
i thought she was a he
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 2003, 12:45   #33
endokuken
Banned

endokuken is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
i thought she was a he