User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 21:57   #1
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
My friend nearly got shot on tuesday night

Picture the scene: Middle of Salisbury Plain Training Area, A Platoon of Army Cadets complete with Cadet GP rifles and 20 rounds of blank ammunition, Officers in charge

We were carrying out a section attack on the 'enemy' as part of a 3 day field exercise during the week long Annule Camp. It was down to my section to carry out the actual assult while the other two sections laid down covering fire. As we were pepper-potting forward towards the enemy, my friend had to run into the arc of fire of another cadet in the other fire team. He nearly had his leg taken off. Luckily the other cadet was switched on enough to aim off so injuries were avoided, except the enemy, who died.
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:02   #2
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank god, that blank bullet might have taken off his leg :/

?
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:03   #3
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida

?
I was wondering about that, although at close range blank ammunition is still pretty deadly.

But I don't think he was THAT close, from the tale.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:05   #4
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:

?
Blanks can kill if you get shot at point blank range in the head. The escaping gasses are quite hot and can be deadly.

Just because there isn't a metal slug in there doesn't mean it's harmless.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:06   #5
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
How big was this blank bullet exactly, to take off an entire leg on it's own?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:08   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
Blanks can kill if you get shot at point blank range in the head. The escaping gasses are quite hot and can be deadly.

Too slow grandpa.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:12   #7
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: My friend nearly got shot on tuesday night

Quote:
Originally posted by Demon Dave
pepper-potting
no idea what it means, but it sounds gay.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:15   #8
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: My friend nearly got shot on tuesday night

Quote:
Originally posted by Nusselt
no idea what it means, but it sounds gay.
Isn't that shooting at dummies?
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:22   #9
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
Re: Re: Re: My friend nearly got shot on tuesday night

Quote:
Originally posted by Leshy
Isn't that shooting at dummies?

if they're shooting cum and not bullets and those dummies are male 'real dolls' with their mouths wide open, then everything ive ever heard about the army and the army cadets it true.
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 22:24   #10
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai

Well, if its gasses then it would have to be about 10 cm's or something for it to be deadly I figure, since gas would kill by pressure, and if it had some other place to go besides in your head theres no problem really.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:12   #11
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Well, if its gasses then it would have to be about 10 cm's or something for it to be deadly I figure, since gas would kill by pressure, and if it had some other place to go besides in your head theres no problem really.
Some blanks are just cheap plastic, and you can get pieces of this plastic shooting out. the safety distance for the blank ammo we use is 50m or something, and we're told never to aim at anyones head at any distance.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:14   #12
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by W
we're told never to aim at anyones head at any distance.
Rule 1: Never point a gun at anyone for any reason unless you intend to kill them.

Hmmm...I feel a new topic coming on.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 23:46   #13
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Rule 1: Never point a gun at anyone for any reason unless you intend to kill them.
Unless you are training with Simunition. (which by the way I am told hurts so bad, that you cry for you mommy) .....

btw, don't military rifles normaly have a attachment that you place on the barrel to catch the paper wads that blanks fire?? I know they have them for the M16.
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 00:06   #14
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by cnaw
Unless you are training with Simunition. (which by the way I am told hurts so bad, that you cry for you mommy) .....
The page you linked is blocked by my proxy

Would that be the same sort of thing as LPT rounds?
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 00:13   #15
cnaw
Ancient

cnaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

Evul proxy. Its basicly ammo that "leave a detergent-based, water-soluble colour marking compound" when you get hit. AKA paint. But you can fire them out of actuall weapons. (i belive you need a conversion kit because the cartrige is not exactly the same size for safty reasons)

edit:

two more links (erm three)

http://www.snctec.com/about/simunition/simunition.asp
http://www.tetragon.ca/simunition.html
http://www.google.com/search?q=simunition
Falling from grace, the human race
Religion can never unite us
Only a few will stay on the barricades"
-Masterplan
cnaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 00:15   #16
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:

from the looks of the page they are paintball ammo for real guns.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 00:19   #17
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by NEWSBOT3
from the looks of the page they are paintball ammo for real guns.
That would be a no then
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 03:00   #18
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Quote:

Hmmm...I feel a new topic coming on.
Actually the rule goes something like "never point a gun at anyone except on an instructors orders". And combat (and simulated combat with blanks) are obviously excepted.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 03:12   #19
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
The first real gun i ever picked up i pointed straight at my brothers head.

Was a .45 Colt i believe.

i was lectured on how i shouldnt do such a thing.
Wasnt even loaded
However if it had been

BAM
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 03:13   #20
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
The first real gun i ever picked up i pointed straight at my brothers head.

Was a .45 Colt i believe.

i was lectured on how i shouldnt do such a thing.
Wasnt even loaded
However if it had been

BAM
And that's when you realised you wanted to moderate some forums.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 10:09   #21
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
to explain a little for the pleebs who don't understand

Pepper-Potting: 1 fire team moves forwards towards the target while the other fire team gives covering fire

Blank Ammuntition: When fired, blank rounds eject hot gases and also little pieces of metle and other crap used to hold the explosives in place. The size of blank ammuntion used by cadets is the NATO standard 5.56mm. Although i may have exagerated the bit about his leg nearly being taken off, if you are hit by a blank round at less than 50m it will really ruin your day, he was at 5m.

Cadet GP: cnaw, yes usually the SA80 is fitted with the blank firing attachment but for some reason the person who modified the SA80 to the Cadet GP decided to leave that option out

on a side note the actual rule regarding pointing a weapon at someone is "Never point or aim a weapon at someone even in jest" although the "unless you intend to kill them" makes more sense
We shall remember them.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 12:23   #22
Mushroom
IRC Lackey

Mushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond reputeMushroom has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
And that's when you realised you wanted to moderate some forums.
hahaha

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
George Bernard Shaw
Mushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 14:28   #23
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
I was wondering about that, although at close range blank ammunition is still pretty deadly.

But I don't think he was THAT close, from the tale.
reminds me of the US priest or whatever who put a hole in his brain with a blank.

moron.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 15:15   #24
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Demon Dave
The size of blank ammuntion used by cadets is the NATO standard 5.56mm.
Not if you're using a jimpee it's not
Quote:
on a side note the actual rule regarding pointing a weapon at someone is "Never point or aim a weapon at someone even in jest" although the "unless you intend to kill them" makes more sense
Of course it makes sense, if you followed the 'official' version we wouldn't have wars...hmmm...maybe the official version is better after all
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 15:30   #25
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Quote:
Not if you're using a jimpee it's not
heh my mate on another training board had a load of reg squaddies with jimpees move into his PBH. they decided it would be best not to argue with them
We shall remember them.
Unread 18 Aug 2003, 14:56   #26
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future
Quote:

Unless its a woman, since it wouldn't do much damage other than a bit of air leakage anyway.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote