User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 18 Jul 2003, 06:37   #1
rageybabey
Shenanigans

rageybabey will become famous soon enoughrageybabey will become famous soon enough
Weird.

We live in Hell and suddenly our signs are a problem?

*WIERD/WEIRD...
Quote:
Originally posted by JC
lolly roffle

Last edited by rageybabey; 19 Jul 2003 at 03:16.
rageybabey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:00   #2
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
random
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:09   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
A dripping piece of excrement slowly gliding over someones belly during a sunny day at the beach
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:11   #4
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
oh no, where will all the nu metal fans take photos now?

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 10:51   #5
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
i bet that road leads to the gates of hell, it should be destroyed not renamed. it's too late, the devil will come and destroy the world. aaaargh
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 12:29   #6
sayonara
Shai Halud

sayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nicesayonara is just really nice
lol

Related stories:

Russian cosmonaut to tie knot by phone from space

New York busker arrested for having uncaged kitten
Unread 18 Jul 2003, 15:22   #7
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
Most people look at both weird and wierd, they're unsure and then they remember being taught "i before e except after c" so they choose the wrong one

With so many exceptions (eg conscience, efficient, vein, height) the rule really should be "i before e except when it's not"
Quetzovercoatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 02:38   #8
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I've already 'aquired' a road sign.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 02:39   #9
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Re: Wierd.

Quote:
Originally posted by rageybabey
We live in Hell and suddenly our signs are a problem?
hello, you are a girl
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 13:36   #10
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Wierd and weird are both words. They have slightly different meanings.
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 14:55   #11
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

Quetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to beholdQuetzovercoatl is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by W
Wierd and weird are both words. They have slightly different meanings.
Stating it like a fact doesn't make it true.
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 17:33   #12
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Quetzovercoatl
Most people look at both weird and wierd, they're unsure and then they remember being taught "i before e except after c" so they choose the wrong one

With so many exceptions (eg conscience, efficient, vein, height) the rule really should be "i before e except when it's not"
Actually it's "i before e except after c when the word rhymes with me". So conscience can have ie after c because it doesn't rhyme with me.

You ppl suck.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 17:46   #13
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer
Actually it's "i before e except after c when the word rhymes with me". So conscience can have ie after c because it doesn't rhyme with me.

You ppl suck.
'weird' doesnt rhyme with 'me' :(
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 18:28   #14
huh
WHY DID YOU PUSH GRANDMA

huh is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Nodrog
'weird' doesnt rhyme with 'me'
So?
huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 19:45   #15
Mirai

nor does ceiling rhyme with me.

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 19:52   #16
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
Ok, when the syllable in question rhymes with me.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 19:56   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer
Ok, when the syllable in question rhymes with me.
That's a catchy rule, I wonder why it never took off.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Jul 2003, 20:17   #18
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little
I before E,
Except after C,
When the sound is like 'eeee'.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2003, 01:09   #19
Mirai

what about 'weigh' or 'neighbor'

Unread 20 Jul 2003, 02:03   #20
Quetzovercoatl
master of disguise

I wish those still claiming a rule exists would see the simple truth.
As a rhyme to make learning to spell easier, it failed miserably, no matter what colourful qualifiers you tag on the end of it.

A small list I just nicked off the 'net...

Albeit Gneiss Neither Seizure
Apartheid Heavyweight Nisei Seizures
Atheism Heavyweights Nonpareil Sergei
Atheist Heifer Nuclei Sheikh
Atheistic Height Nucleic Sheikhs
Atheists Heighten Obeisant Simultaneity
Aweigh Heightened Onomatopoeic Skein
Beige Heightening Outweigh Sleigh
Bodleian Heights Outweighed Sleight
Bodyweight Heine Outweighing Sovereign
Budweiser Heinous Outweighs Sovereigns
Casein Heinz Overweight Sovereignty
Cepheid Heir Pantheism Stein
Codeine Heiress Pantheist Steiner
Coheir Heiresses Paperweight Surfeit
Counterfeit Heirs Paperweights Surfeited
Counterfeiting Heist Pharmacopoeia Surfeits
Cuneiform Heisted Plebeian Surveillance
Deify Heublein Pleiades Surveillant
Deign Hieing Pleistocene Their
Deigns Holstein Poseidon Theirs
Deism Homogeneity Prosopopoeia Theism
Deist Hopei Protein Theist
Deistic Inveigh Proteins Unveil
Deity Inveigle Reich Unveiled
Deoxyribonucleic Janeiro Reign Unveiling
Edelweiss Kaleidoscope Reigned Veil
Either Kaleidoscopes Reigning Veiled
Farenheit Klein Reigns Veiling
Featherweight Lei Reimbursable Veils
Feign Leigh Reimburse Vein
Feigned Leighton Reimbursed Veined
Feigning Leila Reimbursement Veining
Feigns Leipzig Reimbursements Veins
Feint Leisure Reimburses Vermeil
Feinted Leisurely Rein Weigh
Feints Leitmotif Reincarnated Weighed
Foreign Leitmotiv Reincarnation Weighing
Foreigner Lightweight Reindeer Weighs
Foreigners Madeira Reined Weight
Forfeit Marseille Reins Weighted
Forfeited Marseilles Ribonucleic Weighting
Forfeiting Middleweight Seismic Weightless
Forfeits Middleweights Seismograph Weightlessness
Forfeiture Mullein Seismographs Weights
Forfeitures Neigh Seismography Weighty
Freight Neighbour Seismological Weir
Freighter Neighbourhood Seismology Weird
Freights Neighbourhoods Seize Weirdly
Geiger Neighbouring Seized
Geisha Neighbourliness Seizes
Geishas Neighbours Seizing

Ancient Deficiency Inefficient Scientist
Anciently Deficient Insufficient Scientists
Ancients Efficiency Insufficiently Societal
Beneficient Efficient Juiciest Societies
Bioscience Efficiently Omniscient Society
Coefficient Fancier Proficiency Specie
Coefficients Financier Proficient Sufficiency
Concierge Glacier Science Sufficient
Conscience Glaciers Sciences Sufficiently
Consciences Hacienda Scientific Unscientific
Conscientious Inefficiency Scientifically

PS don't nitpick the proper nouns and variations, I wasn't going to go through the whole list removing them.