User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 12 Jul 2003, 06:08   #1
Muslim
Banned

Muslim is an unknown quantity at this point
to my amazement

i met some dude who still thinks that the natzi political structure is right winded
ofc it is left wing, considering that it takes control over the economy, and such denies the free will of the market, laissez faire
sad ignorant goons
Muslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 06:58   #2
P_ducky

P_ducky is on a distinguished road
im surprised as well

you think he would be autocratic.....
P_ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 08:01   #3
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
I thought you left.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 10:55   #4
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
I thought you left.
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:25   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: to my amazement

Quote:
Originally posted by Muslim
i met some dude who still thinks that the natzi political structure is right winded
You could make an argument that the economic structure was left-wing (a pointless one since authotarian state control != workers control).

But there's no serious way you could describe the political structure (authotarian, highly-heirarchical, unequal, anti-free speech, racist, tradition-worshipping, etc) as "left-wing". Well, you can obviously define it whatever you want, but you can't exactly retain credibility as a commentator on such matters. Similarly, I can define liberalism as "jew hating" and then call the NAZI's liberals, but I don't really see what that gains me.

To save Nod the time of posting, I'll just say that some say the left/right schism only applies to economics, but I'll just say that I disagree with that. It completely de-historicises the term(s).

p.s. obviously the left/right divide impoverishes the richness of poltical discussion, etc, etc.

Last edited by Dante Hicks; 12 Jul 2003 at 11:40.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 11:47   #6
wu_trax

wu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet societywu_trax is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Re: to my amazement

Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
... tradition-worshipping ...
when did left-wing people stop it?
Unread 12 Jul 2003, 15:39   #7
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Re: Re: to my amazement

Quote:
Originally posted by wu_trax
when did left-wing people stop it?
Examples please.

Yes, everyone uses traditional symbols, language, references, etc (e.g. still going on about the Paris Commune). But I'd say "right wing" (in the context I'm speaking) people elevate tradition into some sort positive guide.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote