User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:37   #1
W
Gubbish

W is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the roughW is a jewel in the rough
Talking I admit it.

Some are so foolish, as to use their lastname for their password!
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:41   #2
mbushell

mbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldmbushell spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
some people still use 'password', 'qwerty' and 'letmein' lolol
mbushell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:41   #3
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
it worked for 3.5 years
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:41   #4
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
A likely candidate, I applaud you.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:43   #5
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
some people still use 'password', 'qwerty' and 'letmein' lolol
What's wrong with letmein?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 17:47   #6
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
other classic passwords include writing your nick backwards, and 'guess'
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 18:07   #7
HobbieRogue4
etc.

HobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura aboutHobbieRogue4 has a spectacular aura about
Don't forget '****off' or '****you' :/
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 18:08   #8
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Game/Game

classic
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 18:12   #9
W
Gubbish

Well, I didn't use my last name as a password. Nor was it guessable, and my password here is unique for these forums. My guess is there's a new exploit for Vb out
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 18:22   #10
Bloomers III
Cute and cuddly

Bloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura aboutBloomers III has a spectacular aura about
my password is fantastic
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 19:36   #11
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I've forgotten mine
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:04   #12
Tobe
Checkout Boy

Tobe is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bloomers III
my password is fantastic
my password is the nick and planet name of the planet who won about 2-3 rounds solid of myphppa summer 2002 if anyone can remember
Unread 21 Sep 2003, 21:17   #13
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
my password is fantastic
lies

Unread 21 Sep 2003, 23:42   #14
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by mbushell
some people still use 'password'

...****.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:14   #15
Bob The Scutter
Annoying Robot Thing

Bob The Scutter is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
my password is fantastic
ok come on, how many people will admit to trying to log in as Bloomers with 'fantastic' as the pw? :P
Bob The Scutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 00:50   #16
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Bob The Scutter
ok come on, how many people will admit to trying to log in as Bloomers with 'fantastic' as the pw? :P
it's the password to his arse.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 13:37   #17
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
The four most common passwords are love, sex, secret and God. Now would your holyness like to change her password?
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 13:39   #18
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

What sort of drug-induced twatishness would make anyone use anything like 'god' as a password?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 13:42   #19
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Cmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really niceCmdr_Cyrax is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
What sort of drug-induced twatishness would make anyone use anything like 'god' as a password?
Don't ask me, I'm just quoting.
Unread 22 Sep 2003, 13:57   #20
Cmdr_Cyrax
7 Dimensional Puddleduck

Quote:
Originally posted by Cmdr_Cyrax
Don't ask me, I'm just quoting.
Yes, I'm just quoting!
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 03:39   #21
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
I like W's password. Very clever.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 07:05   #22
Aryn
Happy

Aryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond reputeAryn has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
The four most common passwords are love, sex, secret and God. Now would your holyness like to change her password?
that's not my password...

oh.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:18   #23
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I saw hackers too.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 09:51   #24
W
Gubbish

I'm pretty certain "password" ranks above both god sex and love.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 12:47   #25
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: I admit it.

I didn't use my last name and neither did I have an obvious password, most vexing

I did however sign up for a passport thingy, wonder if that's what did it.

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 13:49   #26
Ragnarak

Re: Re: I admit it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaio
I didn't use my last name and neither did I have an obvious password, most vexing

I did however sign up for a passport thingy, wonder if that's what did it.

Vaio
i hadn't signed up for a passport and it still happened to me
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 13:51   #27
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hey, we must just be speshul !!!

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:09   #28
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Also I just realised

My passport account had a different password to my forum account.

Is anyone going to actually let us poor plebs exactly what is going on or are you just going to stick your heads in the sand until your new forums are running and hope we forget about this ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:17   #29
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I put together some letters and numbers. What the **** is so hard about that?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:23   #30
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
huh?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:31   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
huh?

As in my password is a non-sequential non-recurring string of meaningless letters and numbers.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:34   #32
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

and your point is ?

Vaio

Yes, I know he is dead !
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:36   #33
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Quote:
Generating good passwords is easy. It's the remembering-them part that's hard.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:40   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Generating good passwords is easy. It's the remembering-them part that's hard.

Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:43   #35
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by W
Well, I didn't use my last name as a password. Nor was it guessable, and my password here is unique for these forums.
Ditto for me.

Jonny what was your point?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:44   #36
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Ditto for me.

Jonny what was your point?

I never bother reading threads through entirely?
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:45   #37
Ragnarak

Quote:
I never bother reading threads through entirely?
That's how you got to be a mod

Knew i was doing something wrong
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:47   #38
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
That's how you got to be a mod

Knew i was doing something wrong

That and the endless months of whining and complaining.
Unread 23 Sep 2003, 22:50   #39
Ragnarak

Quote:
months of whining and complaining.
me or you?
Unread 24 Sep 2003, 11:39   #40
Jennifer
Destroyer of Worlds

Jennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet societyJennifer is a pillar of this Internet society
One day, the physics dept at oxford uni decided to run a password cracker on all the accounts on the physics lab computers. Some were cracked immedaitely, while others lasted days, but apparently the most used password was 'banana'.

Oh the shame.
“In spite of the roaring of the young lions at the Union, and the screaming of the rabbits in the home of the vivisect, in spite of Keble College, and the tramways, and the sporting prints, Oxford still remains the most beautiful thing in England, and nowhere else are life and art so exquisitely blended, so perfectly made one.”
Jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote