User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 19 Sep 2003, 13:51   #1
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
Question grown up / law student question about divorce and adultery

after splitting from marital partner at what point is one able to see another man/woman without your spouse being able to site this instance of adultery as reason for divorce

i.e. do papers have to be filed at court, do you have to be living in seperate houses, is there a legal document of intention to divorce that can be sought etc

thanks
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 13:52   #2
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I'm afraid I'm all out of legal advice. Can I interest you in some spam?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 16:43   #3
Cynical Oracle
Poster Professionale

Cynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really niceCynical Oracle is just really nice
Don't tell anyone about your sex adventures, and it will be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I wish we could trademark for a less shitty poster
hahahahahahaha, get it?
Cynical Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 18:27   #4
the dying puppy
Banned

the dying puppy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: grown up / law student question about divorce and adultery

Quote:
Originally posted by madi
after splitting from marital partner at what point is one able to see another man/woman without your spouse being able to site this instance of adultery as reason for divorce

i.e. do papers have to be filed at court, do you have to be living in seperate houses, is there a legal document of intention to divorce that can be sought etc

thanks
It's not "ok" till you have official divorce papers. Even after that you should be all in sorrow, like for 6 months or 1 month at least. And you have to wear all black all the time... unless if you don't give a damn what people think about you.
the dying puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 18:30   #5
ParraCida
Condemned to RP

ParraCida is an unknown quantity at this point
As soon as you've communicated the break up with your partner?

If they told you to go **** off, if you told them or if you both told eachother to **** off at the same time. Either way, it has to be known to the 'other person' I'd say. I wouldn't know for 'sure' but seems kinda obvious dunnit.
ParraCida is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 18:59   #6
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
if you are legally married, then you need to get legal papers signed before you can start seeing other people (openly). You don't need to be divorced, but your spouse needs to know that a separation is taking place, and there needs to be a physical record of his/her approval of it. Otherwise divorce can and probably will take place.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Sep 2003, 19:10   #7
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place
i think it is when papers have been filed with the court

but i just cant seem to find out for sure

/me decides to call lawyer tomorrow
madi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 00:01   #8
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Basically all there needs to be is a physical record of your spouse's knowledge of a separation. That way, if he tries to sic a divorce hearing on the premise of oh, breaking your vows or something, and asks for half the maritial assets, you can say "no, I have your signature here saying it was okay". Then his entire case is forfeitted and likely dismissed.

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 2003, 16:42   #9
Texan
Prince of Amber

Texan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these partsTexan is infamous around these parts
This is my personal opinion and not a legal one. I have no training in law.

You should continue having sex with your wife and only your wife until the divorce is finalized. The problem with my opinion is that the sex would probably not be very good. If she does not want to have sex with you, then obviously you are doing something wrong.